Home
News Post

Watch the new Xbox revealed live here.

We will be updating this post throughout the show with thoughts on the new system and whatever next-gen sports games are revealed which will include FIFA at least.

1:03 - Theme seems to be the new Xbox is about you and becoming the entertainment centerpiece of your living room. Tons of big names in the opening video.

1:06 - New Xbox is an all-in-one entertainment system. The Xbox One. New controller.

1:08 - Design is multi-colored. Looks a bit strange to me, but very sleek.

1:10 - Voice activated system, will literally turn the console on for you and can be controlled completely by voice. A look at the new home screen.

1:12 - New feature called Instant Switching literally switches your app instantly. Incredibly flawless. Wow.

1:13 - Snap mode allows your TV to do more than one thing at a time. Flawless. Can use your smartphone and Smartglass to control it all. Wii U, your controller is ineffective.

1:16 - XBox/ESPN partnership. Complete fantasy team integration from ESPN as you watch games. Yeah. So many implications.

1:25 - XBox one is practically silent. Soul of the system is the Xbox One architecture, three OS's in one. "It changes everything." The new Kinect sensor packaged with the new Xbox One, will recognize you instantly and the console will adjust to you and your needs. Kinect sees your world (living room) in 1080p, which allows for better communication between you and the console. The new controller features 40 design innovations, but looks incredibly similar with a few new buttons.

1:35 - SmartGlass is now natively part of the platform. Three ways to control the console. Kinect, controller, SmartGlass. The new Xbox Live is more powerful, more personal, and more intelligent. 300,000 servers will be powering Xbox Live on the Xbox One. Content is available and stored in the cloud so everything is available anytime, anywhere. Playing games will allow gamers to edit and share moments on the cloud -- achievements are dynamic and engaging. Game developers can drive computation from the servers to allow more gamers online to allow for huge online matches and such.

1:40 - EA Sports' Andrew Wilson is up, partnership is now official. EA Sports games will be dynamic, intelligent, rich with emotion, and more. FIFA, Madden, NBA Live, and UFC are coming to XBox One, will launch in the next year.

EA Sports Ignite, a new engine will power all games. Will blur the lines between the real and virtual. Will power emotion, dynamic environment, true player motion etc. Living, breathing worlds - the essence of sports. Living worlds, with realistic crowds and scenes of sports. 4x more calculations per second. Ignite engine is about inches and angles, 10x more detail on animations and angles. Athletes are fueled by crowds, 3D crowds, dynamic sidelines. FIFA 14 Ultimate Team will have exclusive XBox One Content.

1:45 - Forza Motorsport 5 is an Xbox One Launch Title. There will be 15 First Party XBox titles, 8 of which will be new franchises. See Forza Screens from the trailer here.

2:00 - Xbox One will be released later this year. Lots more info coming at E3.

Member Comments
# 21 Bryzine21 @ 05/21/13 03:01 PM
One of the main selling points is how quickly you can go from game to TV? Much more impressed with PS4...
for now.

# 22 jagsrock95 @ 05/21/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
So does the EA-Microsoft partnership mean that the PS4 won't get any EA games?
It's a "Strategic Partnership" Xbox one may get some exclusive features but the games will come to PS4. Take it with a grain of salt though, EA will jump ship if things don't go the way they want like they did with the Wii U after nintendo rejected origin.

# 23 infemous @ 05/21/13 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
So does the EA-Microsoft partnership mean that the PS4 won't get any EA games?
No but it seems (according to Pastapadre) that Microsoft will not allow second hand games to play online...

(PS4 have said that they do not support this tho...)

So I'm guessing thats another EA/Microsoft exclusive lol

# 24 thelakeshow @ 05/21/13 03:22 PM
The only exclusive I heard about the EA-MS partnership, is Fifa Ultimate Team being an Xbox exclusive.

# 25 ajaxab @ 05/21/13 03:32 PM
This is awesome. We will be charged a fee to play used games: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-on...ed-fee-6408671 No wonder EA got rid of the online pass...

I'm also really looking forward to my console literally watching every move I make. This thing is a marketer's dream. Why don't we just invite the advertisers to come and sit down with us and take notes while we play? Microsoft's hubris is astounding.

# 26 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Keep in mind... this was EA's initial Madden trailer for next gen and we all know what we actually got as a final product.

http://youtu.be/dxyTUaqm2GU
well i'm agreeing with your point or feel the say way you do but the big difference between this years video and 2006 is that this year video does not look too unbelievable compared to 2006's video. The 2006 video still look more crazy compared to this video from today, so that should could give ppl some hope that it was the real clip from the game but i was expecting for it look lil bit better then that but if you can tell the difference from current gen without having up next to it then its a good start for EA and we all know the graphics should only get better over the years with the new gen!

# 27 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I approach all of the EA stuff with a TBD approach. I think once E3 gets here, we will have a better idea as to what EA is really working with. If anything, it really made me excited thinking of what others in the sports gaming space can do... like 2K etc with existing franchices. This will be a strong generation for gaming IMO.
well EA already was working on this Engine for a few years now so if 2K haven't been doing the same, i wouldn't expect much from at least not for this years games.

# 28 ThrowBack @ 05/21/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxab
This is awesome. We will be charged a fee to play used games: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-on...ed-fee-6408671 No wonder EA got rid of the online pass... .

Jeff Brown EA - "...but the whole idea of packaging it up with an online pass, clearly it was not popular, so we listened to people and we stopped doing it."

What a lying sack of @#$%

# 29 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 04:06 PM
ps4 gave us lots of details about their core system and whats running it plus more games, xbox just gave a quick gloss of what it does and short n quicks clips of games that basically going to be on every platforms for the most part, shocked they show more for the kinect, they give alot more details of whats under the hood of the xbox one smh.....ps4 here i come..xbox is hiding too much today don't want to lose their fan base with info that would pissed them off lol

# 30 horrormaster @ 05/21/13 04:20 PM
I was going to get a PS4 before the reveal and I'm still planning on getting a PS4 after. I get that E3 will be the big turning point for the next-gen war since games will actually be shown and impressions will be posted everywhere. I'm just not excited about the Xbox One when they talk more about the entertainment center aspects than the game aspects. I buy consoles for games, not to watch tv, movies, record footage, etc.

# 31 noshun @ 05/21/13 04:20 PM
Xbox Done... a fee to play used games, is no dif than online pass.

# 32 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack

Jeff Brown EA - "...but the whole idea of packaging it up with an online pass, clearly it was not popular, so we listened to people and we stopped doing it."

What a lying sack of @#$%
this has nothing to do with ea online passes, its not Ea who is lying its Microsoft who is charging people fees to play use games, the ps4 does not do this. So therefore its not EA its Microsoft, the anger is in the wrong direction

# 33 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Horrendous reveal. It's quickly emerging that the next gen of consoles won't come anywhere close to this gen in sales.
your right but i think Sony is going to get a better start compared this current Gen sales.

# 34 ajaxab @ 05/21/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
this has nothing to do with ea online passes, its not Ea who is lying its Microsoft who is charging people fees to play use games, the ps4 does not do this. So therefore its not EA its Microsoft, the anger is in the wrong direction
...and EA just, out of sheer coincidence, made their announcement shortly before we found out about the used game fee for the XBox One? An EA that has struck these exclusive deals with Microsoft for content on the One? You have a whole lot more faith in EA than I do.

# 35 noshun @ 05/21/13 06:38 PM
this is gonna suck for all you Gameflyer's....

# 36 Herky @ 05/21/13 07:33 PM
The first Madden game for the 360 was awful and I am hoping that isn't the case on the new Xbox. The jump to a new platform always seems to take a year or two to figure out for sports titles.

# 37 Radja @ 05/21/13 07:59 PM
the used game fee is a game killer for me. if they produced games that didn't need huge patches to make them playable, then maybe i would be willing to bite the bullet. but who really thinks they will do that?

the gaming industry wants to kill the used game market. but they don't want the responsibility to make quality games out of the box. they want the cushion to make a game that we tolerate and beta test until they can patch it. if they change their policy that i can return a game that sucks, then this will work. but that won't happen either.

a lot of the people buying used games are not going to ever pay full price for games. they don't have the money. they are going to wait until they drop in price or not buy them at all. some are just going to stick to older systems longer. i will not be surprised at all if this will not have the effect that gaming companies believe. there is too much cheap entertainment available to start squeezing people for every nickle you can find.

i personally have the money to buy what i want. but i don't want to waste my money either. under this new proposed standard there are so few games that will truly be must buys. all gaming companies are going to need to spend more on quality control if they are going to expect me or people like me, to spend hard earned money on brand new games.

# 38 Radja @ 05/21/13 08:07 PM
one last thing, it is obvious microsoft is appealing to developers. charging a fee makes them want to develop for them. sony has a chance to appeal to customers if they decide against this. i am already leaning toward the ps4 after this used game announcement. if sony does similar with used games, i will likely wait a couple years to allow both companies to sort out their inevitable bugs and problems before upgrading.

# 39 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
one last thing, it is obvious microsoft is appealing to developers. charging a fee makes them want to develop for them. sony has a chance to appeal to customers if they decide against this. i am already leaning toward the ps4 after this used game announcement. if sony does similar with used games, i will likely wait a couple years to allow both companies to sort out their inevitable bugs and problems before upgrading.
sony already said they not doing anything like this towards used games

# 40 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxab
...and EA just, out of sheer coincidence, made their announcement shortly before we found out about the used game fee for the XBox One? An EA that has struck these exclusive deals with Microsoft for content on the One? You have a whole lot more faith in EA than I do.
i would agree at some points you made but not 100% beacause its not like EA games is only played on microsoft, with that being said ps4 won't do this used game crap to you, plus you don't have to worry about online pass with EA any more..win win with the ps4 lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.