Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has just posted NCAA Football 14 Playbook #4 on Dynasty Mode. This is part 1 of 3. The other 2 will feature Coach Skills and Power Recruiting.

Quote:
Here’s an example: if you know which players you want and would like to sign them with minimal fuss, you can invest in Insta-Commit. This higher-level skill takes a while to unlock, but it’s a must-have for anyone who spends a substantial amount of time recruiting players. This skill provides a 5% chance of instant commitment when you offer a scholarship, and goes up to 10% and 20% over the next two levels. Insta-Commit allows coaches to spend more resources on those guys who are playing hard-to-get.

Conversely, if you’re more interested in on-field bonuses, you may want to upgrade a skill like Clutch, which helps your team out in close games. This is a high-level skill that isn’t available right away, but it’s worth strong consideration once it unlocks. At its first level, Clutch will let your team start off the fourth quarter HOT if the score is within 14 points. At the next level your team stays HOT throughout the entire quarter, and when maxed out your players get VERY HOT in the final two minutes (and overtime) if the score differential is within a touchdown. The HOT and VERY HOT descriptors are dynamic ratings adjustments, so you’ll see your team perform well above their normal skills as long as they’re in those states.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The_Wise_One @ 05/30/13 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cream6
No Spring Game? That's a shame. I would probably still by the game but I hope it's away to turn off the coaches skills stuff or modify it in someway before the dynasty starts. I think coaches should progress naturally. I think keeping the game close in the 4th quarter if you are down 14-0 is a joke. I think the player on the stick that are controlling his players should determine the outcome of the game. In a real live game some teams that are up 14-0 sometimes put the accelerator on and run away with the game in the 4 quarter after struggling the first 3 quarters. Did they even think about that.

I hope the slider guru's come up with a slider to offset this crap because this isn't real football.
When did coaches progress naturally in previous games? How else do you suggest they give you advantages for success as a coach over time? I love this concept but I agree that it will all be the execution that matters.

# 82 UMhester04 @ 05/30/13 11:10 AM
I would literally take just ONE cutscene of a prospect reaching for a hat underneath a table and him revealing the hat for his signing day pick.

Just play the same damn thing over and over again and substitute the player and hat depending on who it is and what school he picks. At least its SOMETHING.

# 83 chi_hawks @ 05/30/13 11:39 AM
Lots of bitching, but honestly, these additions and upgrades look pretty cool. Hopefully the gameplay improvements match these and the game is a good one.

# 84 davo1021 @ 05/30/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Have they said what will be in parts 2 and 3? I'm hoping to see presentation and maybe some more info about coach's skills.
Just more info on coach skill and recruiting.

# 85 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/13 12:20 PM
Looks like we'll get more info later today

Steven Crosier ‏@Crosier2432 2h
@EANCAAFootball any more NCAA 14 info???
Expand
EA NCAA Football ‏@EANCAAFootball 1h
@Crosier2432 coming later today Steven!

# 86 Colt45 @ 05/30/13 01:17 PM
One step and cut isn't perfect, but it's a million times better than ice skating. NOTHING has pissed me off more this gen in BOTH football games (and even in NBA 2K, to some extent) than to let go of my stick and still have my player running. That's aggravating as ****.

# 87 cream6 @ 05/30/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
When did coaches progress naturally in previous games? How else do you suggest they give you advantages for success as a coach over time? I love this concept but I agree that it will all be the execution that matters.
I remember on the PS2 in madden the coaches were progressed if they lost too much they retired. They were heaving type of overall rating on wins or losses. The same should have been done for this game. To say someone is down 14-0 and they get hot in the 4th quarter is cheesy. This means a team will automatically get hot or at least that's what the consumer thinks. Will there be a way to break the momentum or is this a giving that the team will remain hot if there is a game 14 points or less?

# 88 tHurley2010 @ 05/30/13 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
agreed although I don't get how they focus on 1 aspect each year (this year running game, last year passing game) and leave things wonky like that. I chalk it up to the foundation being bad from the start and at this point all they can do is put band aids on a wound that needs stitches.
*As long as they re-lay that foundation better at the start of this next development cycle, I'm okay with what they added this year and what they chose to ignore.

If they don't and the first next gen NCAA is a complete disaster, there is no excuse and I'll flat out stop buying NCAA. It'll suck for me because I love that series and I love college football, but I'm at a point in my life where I can't just be spending money on frivolous things, of which NCAA would be.

*Opinion holds as long as EA keeps producing NCAA games and doesn't lose the Keller O'Bannon lawsuit

# 89 Captain Fear @ 05/30/13 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cream6
I remember on the PS2 in madden the coaches were progressed if they lost too much they retired. They were heaving type of overall rating on wins or losses. The same should have been done for this game. To say someone is down 14-0 and they get hot in the 4th quarter is cheesy. This means a team will automatically get hot or at least that's what the consumer thinks. Will there be a way to break the momentum or is this a giving that the team will remain hot if there is a game 14 points or less?
I would think it works like this. Say the game is 14-0,well the losing team gets a bonus with the coaching skill. Players will receive +3 to their overall ratings or something like that. I don't think it will make teams unbeatable or anything like that.

# 90 Strategizer @ 05/30/13 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fear
I would think it works like this. Say the game is 14-0,well the losing team gets a bonus with the coaching skill. Players will receive +3 to their overall ratings or something like that. I don't think it will make teams unbeatable or anything like that.
Actually the description of the clutch skill makes it sound like it will activate even if you are winning, so long as the margin is within 14. And if it works like the current hot/cold system does, it should be stoppable. The description says you "start" the fourth quarter hot. Now maybe the second or third level of the stat is more sustained, but I don't know.

# 91 jello1717 @ 05/30/13 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Actually the description of the clutch skill makes it sound like it will activate even if you are winning, so long as the margin is within 14. And if it works like the current hot/cold system does, it should be stoppable. The description says you "start" the fourth quarter hot. Now maybe the second or third level of the stat is more sustained, but I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Blog
At its first level, Clutch will let your team start off the fourth quarter HOT if the score is within 14 points. At the next level your team stays HOT throughout the entire quarter, and when maxed out your players get VERY HOT in the final two minutes (and overtime) if the score differential is within a touchdown. The HOT and VERY HOT descriptors are dynamic ratings adjustments, so you’ll see your team perform well above their normal skills as long as they’re in those states.
10 chars...

# 92 Strategizer @ 05/30/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
10 chars...
Thanks. Thought I had read something like that but couldn't remember.

# 93 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/31/13 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Looks like we'll get more info later today

Steven Crosier ‏@Crosier2432 2h
@EANCAAFootball any more NCAA 14 info???
Expand
EA NCAA Football ‏@EANCAAFootball 1h
@Crosier2432 coming later today Steven!
Wonder if the later today, was like the 5/28 info? If correct, we should get something "later today".

# 94 Gap Integrity @ 05/31/13 12:02 AM
Hopefully we get some more info released soon. I'm getting excited for July.

# 95 smack23011 @ 05/31/13 01:33 PM
So I guess this is where we come to post that I am not impressed with the new stuff for dynasty. Seeing as my SPECIFIC thread got closed. There isn't one sponsored thread with not impressed by dynasty updates. Smh whatever.

# 96 The JareBear @ 05/31/13 02:41 PM
I'm not gonna lie. I am starting to get pretty excited for dynasty mode this year. I really wanna dive right in with SDSU, set everything to the hardest it gets, and get to work.

Will it all turn our perfectly? No, probably not. The first year CC was in it really didn't make much sense at all. That being said, I gotta have faith. NCAA is my favorite series and I gotta hope they release a true gem sometime this generation.

I like the points system. Bringing it back to the old PS2 days, it worked back then.

# 97 cowboy_kmoney @ 06/02/13 11:05 PM
I wonder what other info they will give in the other two playbooks.

# 98 DerkontheOS @ 06/02/13 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Do we know when the others are coming?

# 99 jello1717 @ 06/02/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Both have already been released.

1 was coach skills. The next was power recruiting.

# 100 berad88 @ 06/03/13 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Do we know when the others are coming?
June 14th there is a play a season blog.
I am sure that any other juicy details relating to dynasty and presentation will be known during E3 when people take videos of the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.