Home
News Post

The Xbox One will launch in November for a price tag of $500. There is no news on what that price tag includes, but presumably you'd have to buy another $100 or so in options such as Xbox Live and an extra controller plus a game or two -- making the total launch price of the console up in the $750 range.

What do you guys think about the $500 price point?

UPDATE:
The Xbox One is now available for Pre-Order from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20.

Member Comments
# 21 Eski33 @ 06/10/13 07:09 PM
$500 with a Kinect included. Pretty good deal. Would be better if a game was packed in like Forza. Overall, not shocking.

PS4 will be less because there will not be a camera packed in. Sony screwed up the PS3 launch (no HD cables included really burned me) so let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

# 22 Birdman18 @ 06/10/13 08:19 PM
I think most gamers getting this will already have Xbox Live.. And for accessories, during the Xbox and ps2 days, not a single accy worked with the current gen consoles so I don't really think that's a big deal. I for one am pumped and got my XOne preordered today

# 23 BiggestKJ @ 06/11/13 02:59 AM
Still to early to count out Microsoft. They things people are complaining about like used games, always online, and backwards compatibility are all things that can be reverted by launch date if MS chooses to do so.

Whatever the case is, it's different strokes for different folks. I'm not buying the Xbox One because other people enjoy it. I'm buying it because of the superior online service (and they're beefing up their cloud). The differences in technical specs are not as great and I honestly wouldn't really notice. Since the original Xbox, MS has always delivered an all-around quality product (save the RROD issue) but the online gaming quality has always taken the cake for me.

It's clear Sony has won the hearts of the gaming community at E3, but there's still a lot of time from now until launch. Don't count out Microsoft yet.

# 24 Albertine01 @ 06/11/13 04:05 AM
It is just a price holding spot.

# 25 11thomson @ 06/12/13 10:53 AM
hi....welcome here............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.