Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This is all in-game footage from the trailer for Madden NFL 25, which debuted today at EA's E3 press conference. Also announced during the show, Adrian Peterson will be the cover athlete of the next-gen version of Madden NFL 25, not Barry Sanders, who will continue to be the cover athlete for the 360 and PS3 versions.

If you can't view the video above, trying following this link to YouTube.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DorianDonP @ 06/10/13 05:52 PM
Massive post. Hope I don't freeze any computers.

# 42 MattyEdgeworth @ 06/10/13 05:57 PM
To many of you guys won't be happy no matter what EA do.

# 43 BenGerman @ 06/10/13 05:57 PM
Those Gifs having me change my tune a little bit. Foot-planting looks awesome. Though, the blocking still looks weird to me. Almost like a return (continuation?) of suction blocking.

# 44 DorianDonP @ 06/10/13 05:57 PM
Def see some suction blocks and gliding.

# 45 DorianDonP @ 06/10/13 06:00 PM

Both of these guys regain their balance like it's nothing.

# 46 MattyEdgeworth @ 06/10/13 06:01 PM
Thanks for thos GIFs mate they look brilliant, that's made me a lot more excited.

# 47 BenGerman @ 06/10/13 06:03 PM
Footplanting definitely looks better. But they still can't seem to get footplanting and balance down like games such as Assassins Creed have had for years. And those kinds of games don't even need to rely on that stuff, that's what is so frustrating.

# 48 CT Pitbull @ 06/10/13 06:03 PM
I thought it looked great especially the line play animations and blocking..graphics look tight I pre-ordered ..so im sold cant wait now anyone know when it will release?..

# 49 MattyEdgeworth @ 06/10/13 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

Both of these guys regain their balance like it's nothing.
It's not the final game yet...and it looks a big improvement on anything else we've had before. Seriously some of you guys are just looking for anything at all to put down.

# 50 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/10/13 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Glad they're focusing on line play.

Still need to see actual gameplay such as USER vs CPU before I get hype.
From what I'm reading on twitter. Looks like the next gen Madden25 will be on the floor for people play with. So we should get some footage of it this week. From Shop or Mad or someone.

# 51 DeuceDouglas @ 06/10/13 06:05 PM

Man, that hop looks so smooth and pretty.

# 52 JaymeeAwesome @ 06/10/13 06:06 PM
This trailer features the Ignite Engine on next gen. So all this OL/DL line work and footplanting we're seeing is only for next gen. What about infinity 2.0? For those who aren't shelling out $500 for the new system, what aspects of it do we get?

# 53 CT Pitbull @ 06/10/13 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Reading through the comments, the funny thing is I think everyone is right, lol. Meaning this clip and impressions of next-gen as whole will likely come down to individual POV. Like for me I honestly don't expect greatness from M25 on the new consoles or even good really, I just want solid basics, if that makes sense.

I don't have a high bar for M25 on new consoles but I completely understand those who do.
to me..it looked SOLID not spectacular but you can tell they are definitely listening to what we want/expect. I know there are a lot of people who aren't happy and that's their opinion. but from what I saw I WILL have fun with this game. As soon as I can afford a TV to play it on after today...lol

# 54 SageInfinite @ 06/10/13 06:10 PM
I think the problem now is the mo cap and the fact that they are still using the shorter animations. If they fix those two, along with the AI they are touting, we may have something special next year. This is still the 2nd game of the 3 year cam weber plan, so we'll see.

# 55 DucksForever @ 06/10/13 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
It's not the final game yet...and it looks a big improvement on anything else we've had before. Seriously some of you guys are just looking for anything at all to put down.
Probably my last comment for a while. (Probably)

The thing is, it's not THAT big of an improvement. EA uses fancy terms to describe gameplay that is relatively unchanged year in and year out. Granted, the IE was a large enhancement, but I played Madden 09 on the PS2 a few days ago, and it plays relatively similar to Madden 13 on the XBOX 360. In fact, a lot of the things are better in 09! Most specifically the running, but also the smooth locomotion and free animations. It was a breath of fresh air for sure.

My doubts lie largely in EA's track record, but also in the evidence. Take a look at these pictures and tell me that these don't look like the running animations of today:

Not to mention the disproportions on Lynch, the gigantic ball size in Wilson's hand, and Wilson's suction ball carrying. I appreciate EA's work in the game year in and year out, and I'm certainly not saying that I could do any better, but I know that they are capable of better. If I'm going to fork out $500 for a new console and $60 for a new game, I will certainly nitpick it to make sure that it is worth the buy.

# 56 13whitebread @ 06/10/13 06:12 PM
Why when they have a trailer there is never no announcers like as if you were playing a game.

# 57 The_Balm @ 06/10/13 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
From what I'm reading on twitter. Looks like the next gen Madden25 will be on the floor for people play with. So we should get some footage of it this week. From Shop or Mad or someone.
Yes! Yes! Yes! I really hope this is true. This just got me pumped up a bit more because what we saw in the trailer is just not enough to make a decision.

# 58 TreyIM2 @ 06/10/13 06:16 PM
Wow to some of those gifs. Some really great stuff shown and some legacy issues but overall, I likee. I was trying to get this demo walk through to play on another website but.....

# 59 Perfect Zero @ 06/10/13 06:19 PM
As I watched it the first time, all I could think about was the Madden 06 revel for this generation. That's not really fair to do, but it fostered some doubts.

I will say this, and I have been hard on EA for a number of years, but I actually think that they have put the right amount of effort in for this. The graphics look good for being an early build, and the players seem to move very well. Of course the actual gameplay (i.e. watching the game being played from the controller's standpoint) will dictate the final say, but this isn't bad.

# 60 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/10/13 06:21 PM
I love what I saw. I just don't understand why some people are never happy. But I guess everyone has their own opinion. I love the pass and run blocking so much. The graphics looks good. Yes it ain't going to be perfect. No game ever is. You can't make everyone happy. But I love what I saw. I got my xbox1 and Madden25 next gen both reserve right now at GS. I'm ready for this November.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.