Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 14 video taken from E3 2013. It features the Miami Hurricanes and Georgia Bulldogs.

If the embedded video doesn't work, check it out here. Thanks to Bamantic for uploading our video to Youtube.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Matt10 @ 06/14/13 04:01 PM
I'm glad others agree about the unrealistic montage - it's just laziness honestly. When FIFA did it, I threw a fit - and was surprised noone else felt the same way. Like we've said, for a company that has ESPN imprinted in the game - why not take advantage of all those statistics, or impact players - etc. Use one of the features of this year's game and turn it into a statistic or something.

# 62 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/14/13 04:16 PM
NBA does the montage too, I am fine with it but I know most aren't but hey NBA success looked good to EA.

# 63 Strategizer @ 06/14/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
watch the defender covering the slot receiver on the left side. Ball is snapped he literally runs to where he is assigned to go, turns, then never moves. QB hadn't even stepped forward by then. Receiver runs past a LB in the middle and that defender that was originally on the slot never moves an inch to attempt to cover him. If the DE didn't put pressure on the QB that's an easy 40+ yard gain.
Looks to me like the one LB was following him until the QB got hit and moved up toward the line and to the right, then he backed off and moved with the QB in case of a scramble.

# 64 The JareBear @ 06/14/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
watch the defender covering the slot receiver on the left side. Ball is snapped he literally runs to where he is assigned to go, turns, then never moves. QB hadn't even stepped forward by then. Receiver runs past a LB in the middle and that defender that was originally on the slot never moves an inch to attempt to cover him. If the DE didn't put pressure on the QB that's an easy 40+ yard gain.
My only question is what difficulty was this being played on? I know the Miami/UGA guy was on varsity so maybe that could explain why that CB let the guy go right by.

Your observations are correct though, and it is something I would def worry about if the game is being played on AA or Heisman

# 65 The JareBear @ 06/14/13 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I've played NCAA 11-13 on the PS3 and the games look fine. The 360 might have a slight edge in graphics, but nothing really extreme. As far as gameplay, they are identical. The big difference being the controller, although I find I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 due to having played football games on the PS and PS2.
I have to respectfully disagree.

I am an original PS3 owner, upgraded to a slim when the first slims came out. Love my PS3 to death, but I bought a 360 a couple years ago just to play EA sports games on it. NCAA 11 looked great on the PS3, that was the last year they did it right ,since then 12 and 13 have been huge steps back. Both years I have bought both (offline dynasty on 360, online dynasty on PS3) and I have them both running at the same time and I will switch back and forth and show people the difference. It's substantial. You won't just see it in a screenshot, you have to be playing it. Maybe its my specific LCD, who knows, but for me, on my TV, if I was just going for graphics the 360 version wins by a landslide.

That being said, this video (Miami UGA) is on the PS3 and looks great, so maybe they did better work this year.

Also, to the poster who asked about the two systems, I also find less cheesers in ranked matches on he PS3. I just think the Live community is more about win at all costs than the PS3 community. However, if you want the smoothest graphics, fastest loading, quickest menus, etc, 360 is the hands down winner. I am not happy about it, but it is a reality I have learned to live with.

As DJ said though, gameplay is the same.

This of course is just my opinion based on my hands on experiences over the last 3 years.

# 66 PVarck31 @ 06/14/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
that's the only possible explanation I can have for it. That it's on varsity so the AI is just that dumb because if that's the way they play on AA & Heisman... yikes.
You definitely have a right to be concerned, that would suck if this is an issue. But I did hear from a couple of guys that the safties cover much better than last year.

I know a lot of guys were just playing on the default level, which is Varsity, right?

# 67 The JareBear @ 06/14/13 05:13 PM
Correct, varsity is the default level for play now games

# 68 The JareBear @ 06/14/13 05:31 PM
In that LSU/Bama clip, I know he only runs like 3 plays, but its on AA and the CPU covers the streak route from the slot perfectly, for what its worth

# 69 inkcil @ 06/14/13 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I have to respectfully disagree.

I am an original PS3 owner, upgraded to a slim when the first slims came out. Love my PS3 to death, but I bought a 360 a couple years ago just to play EA sports games on it. NCAA 11 looked great on the PS3, that was the last year they did it right ,since then 12 and 13 have been huge steps back. Both years I have bought both (offline dynasty on 360, online dynasty on PS3) and I have them both running at the same time and I will switch back and forth and show people the difference. It's substantial. You won't just see it in a screenshot, you have to be playing it. Maybe its my specific LCD, who knows, but for me, on my TV, if I was just going for graphics the 360 version wins by a landslide.

That being said, this video (Miami UGA) is on the PS3 and looks great, so maybe they did better work this year.

Also, to the poster who asked about the two systems, I also find less cheesers in ranked matches on he PS3. I just think the Live community is more about win at all costs than the PS3 community. However, if you want the smoothest graphics, fastest loading, quickest menus, etc, 360 is the hands down winner. I am not happy about it, but it is a reality I have learned to live with.

As DJ said though, gameplay is the same.

This of course is just my opinion based on my hands on experiences over the last 3 years.
It's not just your opinion, IMO. LOL. At some point things just are what they are. I am a big fan of the NCAA series, and NCAA 11 was a beautiful game. When I first popped in 12 on my PS3, I was shocked at all the jaggies. I hoped 13 would improve, but it didn't. I even redownloaded the 11 demo to compare again. Then to go into Best Buy and see how it looked on 360...smh. This is exactly why I am taking a "wait and see" approach on next gen consoles to see if the publishers pull this same graphical-difference crap. But you know what, it was like this on Ps2 and Xbox, where the Xbox version of games "always" looked better. I used to think "the Show makes it worth the sacrifice" but after NCAA 11 looked equal on both consoles, I can't get over how 12 and 13 took a step backwards on PS3.

The other funny thing is, all of the cut scenes in 12 and 13 looked GREAT, but when the camera switched back to in-game....yikes!

# 70 nyrangers81 @ 06/14/13 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I think I will just wait for net gen. The players are still sliding on the field and ive come to the point where I just cant stand that anymore. The game doesnt look to different from the last. I know there are alot of improvements/things added but its not enough for me to make a purchase. (and I really wanted to).
What does nextgen do that makes players not "slide?"

# 71 DorianDonP @ 06/14/13 06:37 PM
+ Colors pop. HUGE pet peeve of mine that is now fixed. Thank God.
+ Blocking, from what I could tell, looked pretty good. Only watched it once.
+ Like the new cam. Will try it out to see if it makes the game feel more fresh.

-My overall complaints about EA football gameplay and animations remain, though I didn't expect them to improve this year anyway so I dunno if that should count as a negative.
-Hate the montage. When it happens on 2K, I can at least pretend it was from a different game that season. Just don't see why this can't be done better. Attention to detail?
-Dislike the cutscenes and replay angles. One of the replay angles looked good, but the cinematic unrealistic angles are immersion breakers.

All in all, about what I expected.

# 72 I Peench @ 06/14/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I think I will just wait for net gen. The players are still sliding on the field and ive come to the point where I just cant stand that anymore. The game doesnt look to different from the last. I know there are alot of improvements/things added but its not enough for me to make a purchase. (and I really wanted to).
Agreed that players are still sliding, but if this game looks like 13 to you, you need to go see the eye doctor

This looks light years better than the train wreck that was 13.

# 73 Cheetah Bird @ 06/14/13 07:05 PM
DUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!

# 74 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/15/13 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
I haven't seen enough to comment on the right side edge rush specifically, but I've seen enough to say that the pass rush in general looks much better. The pass rushers and the o-line really attack each other and look more aggressive than in years past. The spin move by that OLB was nice, and in the other videos I've seen, the linemen will really drive one another back instead of just dancing around the line of scrimmage. The defense actually seems like it is trying to get to the QB, rather than just looking to get blocked.
I agree with you on the pass rush. It seems that the D is trying to get to the QB more this year. But what concerns me is will the D be this good at pass rush when it comes to playing AA and above. The guy is playing on Varsity right now. But AA and above might be harder to get to the AI. I really wish he had played on AA to see if the pass rush was just as good.

# 75 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/15/13 04:26 AM
All I can say is that the game looks pretty good compare to the past few NCAA games. I love the new Cam angle. Now I'm ready for some demo and the actual game in about 3 weeks from now.

# 76 coogrfan @ 06/15/13 10:29 AM
I love coordinator cam.

# 77 Cardot @ 06/15/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
What does nextgen do that makes players not "slide?"
I think some people think that next gen will cure all deficiencies of the current gen sports games. I am not so optimistic.

# 78 inkcil @ 06/15/13 03:55 PM
I must also say that although the video quality is a tad rough, it appears as though the Ps3 versions looks to be much improved graphically.

And I am also very much enjoying the Coord. cam!

# 79 Sundown2600 @ 06/16/13 05:40 AM
Will the AI sliders work inconsistantly for like the 3rd or 4th straight year? That editor thing is great from 360 guys, but that gives no solace to PS3 owners.

If only I can get confirmation on that I would consider buying it. Overall the game looks miles better than the 12 and 13 iterations. I have to give them that.

# 80 JaySwizzlez @ 06/16/13 10:12 PM
Damn, looks like I'm picking up NCAA AND Madden this year...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.