Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted the top rated offensive players in Madden NFL 25, along with breaking down quarterback ratings in the game, including specific ratings for awareness (AWR), throw power (THP), throw accuracy (THA) and deep throw accuracy.

Dave Dameshek has posted the 180th DDFP podcast, which features Donny Moore, revealing more ratings, on NFL.com.
  • QB Ratings - Rodgers (98) Brady (97) P. Manning (97) Brees (96) Ryan (94)
  • RB Ratings - Peterson (99) Lynch (96) Foster (95) Rice (94) J. Charles (94)
  • WR/TE Ratings - Megatron (99) Gronk (98) A. Johnson (97) Witten (96) J. Graham (96)
  • OL Ratings - (OL) Mathis - Eagles (98) J. Thomas - Browns (97) Yanda - Ravens (97) Sitton - Packers (96) Staley - 49ers (96)
Donny Moore is randomly tweeting other top ratings, listed below.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 xboxfever @ 08/15/13 08:20 PM
Brandon Marshall should be the second rated WR.

# 22 Simile000 @ 08/15/13 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfever
Brandon Marshall should be the second rated WR.
No he shouldn't.

I'm not sure if Andre Johnson is still worthy of a 97 ovr. Maybe a 95.

Seeing Megatron and Adrian Peterson as the only 99ovrs on offense is refreshing since those are the only two that deserve that rating this year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 23 bcruise @ 08/15/13 08:47 PM
Oh my God. They actually, finally explained what awareness does? Color me shocked.

# 24 jtswag187 @ 08/15/13 08:59 PM
as a cards fan this offends me, NO LARRY?

# 25 jtswag187 @ 08/15/13 09:00 PM
WHERES LARRY

# 26 KBLover @ 08/15/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Throw Power rating (THP) affects the speed at which the ball is thrown for each of the passing trajectories. A strong-armed QB can get deeper throws to receivers faster, helping avoid interceptions and incompletions.
Did you Know: The THP takes into account the weather conditions when determining the power behind throws. The wetter the conditions, the less power your QB’s will have behind their throws.
Seems plausible.

I remember when one of my QBs went down (I think it was Schumacher, 99 THP) and I went with Colt McCoy.

If I threw a deep out with McCoy, the defender had much more time to react and make a play than when I had Schumacher in (the ball was like a rocket).

So, to me, it plays out. As far as weather - I don't get a lot of weather in my Oakland CCM, but rain I know has always done weird stuff to games (sometimes fumble fests, etc).

# 27 bcruise @ 08/15/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Seems plausible.

I remember when one of my QBs went down (I think it was Schumacher, 99 THP) and I went with Colt McCoy.

If I threw a deep out with McCoy, the defender had much more time to react and make a play than when I had Schumacher in (the ball was like a rocket).

So, to me, it plays out. As far as weather - I don't get a lot of weather in my Oakland CCM, but rain I know has always done weird stuff to games (sometimes fumble fests, etc).
Yeah fumbles, bad throws and drops go way up in the rain/snow. Vets used a lower wr catch slider than default and playing league games in the rain was just brutal at times.

# 28 ggsimmonds @ 08/15/13 09:16 PM
I did not know short was anything under 20 yards; I thought it was more like 10 or 15. And the threshold for deep is 40 yards? Well damn

# 29 Rezzo503 @ 08/15/13 09:27 PM
Yea, I wonder if it means 40 yards as in from the line of scrimmage ...

Or from where the QB Throws from. Because from Shotgun, After The Drop Back... A First Down is About 20 Yards.

So I wonder. lol

# 30 brettmickey @ 08/15/13 09:31 PM
Thriller Spiller with the top elusiveness rating! Much deserved!! Pro Football Focus outlines his ability to force missed tackles at a neck-breaking pace:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...lusive-rating/

# 31 bcruise @ 08/15/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I did not know short was anything under 20 yards; I thought it was more like 10 or 15. And the threshold for deep is 40 yards? Well damn
Yeah, the short yardage threshold surprises me too. I was sure it wasn't anything more than 10.

# 32 AC IS ART @ 08/15/13 09:40 PM
We definitely need more "The Science of..." articles for each position explaining what the ratings mean. As well as the traits.

# 33 jbecz @ 08/15/13 10:50 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join?leagueId=821750

# 34 EMbow513 @ 08/16/13 12:27 AM
Aj green a 90 speed? IM DONE WITH THIS BS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME MAN. THEY MUST HAVE NEVER WATCHED HIM PLAY. WHAT A JOKE. HE RUNS BY DAMN NEAR EVERY CORNER WITH EASE

# 35 ggsimmonds @ 08/16/13 12:56 AM
This reminds me of how much I hate the awareness rating.
Why does it affect trajectory? Isn't trajectory like putting the right amount of touch on the ball? And if so shouldn't that fall under THA?

Then you got guys like Big Ben who are bad at picking up pressure but good at the other awareness aspects. So what should his awareness be? I don't like having one rating affect multiple things. Also the article said here are few things it affects, so was the list exhaustive or are there other things? I always thought it determined how fast a QB goes through his progressions.

Two other things:
1. "Aaron Rodgers has a deep accuracy rating of 87, which means that 87% of Rodgers’ deep throws are on target."
What? Is that really how it works?? Need to hear more on this

2. An explanation on the playaction rating would be nice (actual in depth explanation; not just higher rating means PA is more successful)

We need detailed explanations of all the ratings.

# 36 ggsimmonds @ 08/16/13 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMbow513
Aj green a 90 speed? IM DONE WITH THIS BS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME MAN. THEY MUST HAVE NEVER WATCHED HIM PLAY. WHAT A JOKE. HE RUNS BY DAMN NEAR EVERY CORNER WITH EASE
Take deep breaths and count to 4, its gonna be okay

# 37 msdm27 @ 08/16/13 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Does anyone doubt that John Bostic's hit power will suddenly go to 98 just because of ONE hit that he had tonight? I can almost guarantee it. Just like on big drop makes your receiver have worse hands, or one great deep throw makes your QB a masterful deep passer.

SMH...
BTW.... Wouldn't it be "cool" or at least realistic if some of the "hit stick" hits/tackles started being called for hitting a defenseless receiver or helmet to helmet.... That would be dooooope!

Granted, Madden can't even get the regular penalties to work so who I am kidding

# 38 Gronk4M13 @ 08/16/13 08:53 AM
QB Ratings - Rodgers (98) Brady (97) P. Manning (97) Brees (96) Ryan (94)
RB Ratings - Peterson (99) Lynch (96) Foster (95) Rice (94) J. Charles (94)
WR/TE Ratings - Megatron (99) Gronk (98) A. Johnson (97) Witten (96) J. Graham (96)
OL Ratings - (OL) Mathis - Eagles (98) J. Thomas - Browns (97) Yanda - Ravens (97) Sitton - Packers (96) Staley - 49ers (96)

Sounds about right to me.

# 39 Rezzo503 @ 08/16/13 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
This reminds me of how much I hate the awareness rating.
Why does it affect trajectory? Isn't trajectory like putting the right amount of touch on the ball? And if so shouldn't that fall under THA?

Then you got guys like Big Ben who are bad at picking up pressure but good at the other awareness aspects. So what should his awareness be? I don't like having one rating affect multiple things. Also the article said here are few things it affects, so was the list exhaustive or are there other things? I always thought it determined how fast a QB goes through his progressions.

Two other things:
1. "Aaron Rodgers has a deep accuracy rating of 87, which means that 87% of Rodgers’ deep throws are on target."
What? Is that really how it works?? Need to hear more on this

2. An explanation on the playaction rating would be nice (actual in depth explanation; not just higher rating means PA is more successful)

We need detailed explanations of all the ratings.

They are called Player Traits. Aaron Rodgers Will Run, While Tom Brady Will Throw It Away.

Big Ben Most Likely Has "Sense Pressure" Trait at "Oblivious". Which means he will stay In the pocket more, and make plays...But take more sacks. He also will run every so often.

# 40 Find_the_Door @ 08/16/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzo503
They are called Player Traits. Aaron Rodgers Will Run, While Tom Brady Will Throw It Away.

Big Ben Most Likely Has "Sense Pressure" Trait at "Oblivious". Which means he will stay In the pocket more, and make plays...But take more sacks. He also will run every so often.
Not sure why Rodgers has "Ideal" for senses pressure? His offensive line isn't the only reason he's the most sacked Quarterback in the league the past few years - he loves to hold onto that ball too long quite a bit.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 4

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.