Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Microsoft has released a VERY brief glimpse of both Madden NFL 25 (roughly at :51 seconds) and FIFA 14 (roughly at :35 seconds) for the Xbox One.

Obviously, you can't take too much away from the footage, but we should see more after the release of current-gen Madden NFL 25 on August 27th.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DaveDQ @ 08/19/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Clearly they didn't build an entire new engine. From everything we have seen so far it's things we have seen on current gen as well. There isn't a lot of content to it. Things should be a lot better next year, but if they are just using a slightly advanced version of current gen then we might be in for another long ride.
This is one of those things I agree with but at the same time this was our thinking for the gen we are about to come out of. We are always hopeful.

They HAVE to make this game better from the start. If this next-gen has us 4 years in and them introducing some new tackling antics like Pro-Tak, we are in trouble. If Ignite isn't a complete overhaul, then why not still call it Infinity? It's like every new name they give shows us that the last name development was a flop.

The current Madden engine showed us this generation that it has been stretched to its fullest. We are still seeing its inability to carry out consecutive hit tackles. While we see some, there are still many cases where the second defender dives through the action.

So now we see camera views that would never be true in-game cameras, the "WIP" in the bottom corner and the same false hope that maybe when we see it in real-time we'll be impressed.

I don't mean to be all negative. I'm hopeful for the game. It's just that what I see now is all very repetitive with the same hype and speculation.

# 22 WhiteCollarTix @ 08/19/13 07:55 PM
I concur that gameplay is the most important factor in a sports game but the little things shouldn't be neglected. On that note, I'm a little concerned that they made RGIII's hair so long and it looks like he has dreadlocks instead of braids. On a positive note, Marshawn Lynch's hair looks longer than RGIII's which is encouraging.

# 23 tfctillidie @ 08/19/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
EA is holding a press conference tomorrow at gamescon. Maybe we'll see a new trailer or something for next gen.
EA said they are showing a current gen FIFA trailer, don't get your hopes up.

# 24 SageInfinite @ 08/19/13 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
EA said they are showing a current gen FIFA trailer, don't get your hopes up.
Drat! Ahh well at least we'll know when we can get our hands on these next gen systems.

# 25 apollon42 @ 08/20/13 12:08 AM
RG3 cut his hair and doesn't have long dreads anymore. Actually, he never really had dreads, they are more like braids.

# 26 R9NALD9 @ 08/20/13 02:48 AM
49ers helmet colors not fixed on next gen...lmao

These forums are going to be in total meltdown when we see the first next gen gameplay video...of dissapointment.

# 27 unfriendlyghst @ 08/20/13 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
These forums are going to be in total meltdown when we see the first next gen gameplay video...of dissapointment.

I'll try to kill as many threads as I can!

# 28 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/20/13 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
Exactly.. This guy gets it.. I will to bet this is an enhanced version of the current gen engine.. I just don't think EA's Dev's have the talent to recreate a new football game from scratch. It's pretty lazy if you ask me, especially for a huge company like EA.. If I'm wrong, I would love for someone to prove it to me with concrete evidence..
Listen I'm not completely defending EA one bit. As I have said in the past. I am a 20+ year Madden vet. I've been through the bad and good with Madden games over the years. But you have to remember one thing. EA brought in Cam Webber in from the crew that made the MLB the Show. Cam Webber headed up the team that has been working on the next gen Madden game. Plus the crew that has been working on the next gen Madden is not the current crew that has been working on the current gen. EA brought a whole new crew in to work under Cam. So as of right now we don't have no idea what to expect. Is this an upgrade verison of the current gen that we will get? I can't tell you. Trying give you concrete evidence is kinda hard to do when there is no actual footage to go off of. Besides a 5 second video. LOL But saying this second crew is lazy is kind of jumping the gun ain't it.

I'm sure some people expecting or looking for a big graphic jump in next gen Madden this year. Which really ain't going to happen. But other vets like me are looking for how good the run game is or is the oline double teaming a DT for the first time ever. Me I'm hoping and looking forward to see if EA has finally taken out the psychic DBs finally. I'm giving Cam Webber and his crew the benefit of the doubt right now. Until we see their final product. I'm not defending them 100%. But I'm giving them a chance until they prove me wrong. I know they have no excuse now with all the ram and memory to work with in the next gen console and disc space. But until there is actual game footage. I reserve my judgement until I see the actual finish product to say whether is nothing more then an upgrade or not. I'm trying to keep it real, but not trying to get it to hype up neither.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.