Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

InsideGamer has posted their NBA 2K14 hands-on impressions from GamesCom. You can read the translation here. They have also posted information on the Path to Greatness, MyPlayer and MyTeam.

What are your thoughts after reading it?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Czar can you talk about how the dribbling and shot stick work together? I'm thinking it's going to feel very fluent and natural to go from dribbling, to passing or shooting. That's how it's described and how I'm imagining it lol.
The version I played was very fluent, as I said I feel like its the best combo of shooting and dribbling i have played in a 2k game.

# 22 Goffs @ 08/19/13 04:14 PM
What about the L stick? In 2k13 you were able to pull of moves just using the L stick. Is the R stick exclusive to dribbling moves only?

# 23 Eman5805 @ 08/19/13 04:20 PM
Every day I eagerly await some more news about the next gen version. A screen shot, a single blurb from LD2K saying it's awesome with a winking smiley face.

ANYTHING!

I'll just have to settle for eventually seeing a clip from Gamescon of the current gen version.

# 24 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Every day I eagerly await some more news about the next gen version. A screen shot, a single blurb from LD2K saying it's awesome with a winking smiley face.

ANYTHING!

I'll just have to settle for eventually seeing a clip from Gamescon of the current gen version.
You prob won't even get a sniff of it until this game ships. I'm betting there some stuff worth the wait though.

# 25 LD2k @ 08/19/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You prob won't even get a sniff of it until this game ships. I'm betting there some stuff worth the wait though.
Did Da_Czar ever tell you folks about the time I beat him at 2K14 (no I didn't).

# 26 ZoneSix @ 08/19/13 04:49 PM
that tidbit on Lebron PTG mode was interesting... i was under the impression that it would start with him on the Cavs.

# 27 VDusen04 @ 08/19/13 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneSix
that tidbit on Lebron PTG mode was interesting... i was under the impression that it would start with him on the Cavs.
Yeah, I'd be disappointed if it truly had nothing to do with his past.

# 28 jersez @ 08/19/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
The version I played was very fluent, as I said I feel like its the best combo of shooting and dribbling i have played in a 2k game.
As you can see there is a lot of trepidation about the new control scheme, but I'm thinking it's going to be a big step up, now you can dribble, pass and shot the second you think to do it.

# 29 JerzeyReign @ 08/19/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Did Da_Czar ever tell you folks about the time I beat him at 2K14 (no I didn't).
Need game play of that boss. I have yet to find video of someone playing Da Czar - I'm almost willing to pay for that footage.

# 30 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Need game play of that boss. I have yet to find video of someone playing Da Czar - I'm almost willing to pay for that footage.
I spend all my time teaching so I am actually not that good. But if your willing to pay I can get you some footage LOL

# 31 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
As you can see there is a lot of trepidation about the new control scheme, but I'm thinking it's going to be a big step up, now you can dribble, pass and shot the second you think to do it.
I think when you see how easily journalists are picking it up in short play times it helps you understand how intuitive it feels. I really liked last years controls but I can't stand to use them after playing 14. And I hear it's gotten better since I played it.

# 32 JerzeyReign @ 08/19/13 06:08 PM
Quote:
I spend all my time teaching so I am actually not that good. But if your willing to pay I can get you some footage LOL
You see, the thing is, the way that my bank account is setup... haha

# 33 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
You see, the thing is, the way that my bank account is setup... haha
ROTFLOL! YOU are too funny fam!

# 34 Trackball @ 08/19/13 07:58 PM
Path to Greatness...I hope that was just the tutorial game, like with 2K11's Bulls/Lakers game when you first started. (That had the best intro to a sports game EVER, by the way.)

Seriously, am I the only one here that wanted to play as a rookie LeBron, even if it meant he was going to today's NBA?

I mean, how is it a PATH to greatness if we're starting in January 2014? By then, he's already ACHIEVED greatness! What path?

I mean, yeah, it would mean having two LBJs in the league, but that didn't stop people from playing CAL with a young Tim Duncan.

I'll wait for more info...but this doesn't look good. The rest of the game looks great, but this mode is shaping up to be quite the disappointment.

# 35 Gramps91 @ 08/19/13 08:12 PM
Pretty disappointed really. I was hoping for improvements in My Career/Player. Path to Greatness mode doesn't entice me at all because I don't like LeBron much at all and I think the gameplay and controls are fine in 2k13. I also don't care at all about Crew Mode. Looks like I may skip this year or at least get it quite a bit later than launch date

# 36 Wildcats302 @ 08/19/13 08:26 PM
I say wait and see on the Path to Greatness thing. I won't play it regardless unless it is required to unlock some classic teams from earlier in Lebron's career but then again, those teams are not that "classic" to me as they are so recent.

I am just wanting to play my real time Lakers season with the real Laker's season and play one season of a fantasy NBA mixing legends and current players to form many super teams.

# 37 ZoneSix @ 08/19/13 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah, I'd be disappointed if it truly had nothing to do with his past.
agreed. i hope it isn't the case as i'd really like to see a lebron-led cavs as a classic team.

# 38 Brettles67 @ 08/19/13 08:37 PM
I'm inclined to be a little suspicious. Mainly because of the myTeam comments. Every piece of information we have has said that there are big improvements to myteam this year including new ways to play people, a new season structure, etc. This just said the mode hasn't changed at all and still has the default 10 to 1st seed. I thought road to the playoffs was gone.

They may have played an early build or not had a look past the top half of the screen or in any of the menu's. Someone is lying to us though.

# 39 Vni @ 08/19/13 08:45 PM
Quote:
Prob just movement system upgrades they told us about. I wouldn't look too much into that until the company confirmed such.

Aww, allright.

# 40 Gosens6 @ 08/19/13 08:48 PM
So, so, so very disappointed in Path To Greatness. They should have made it a greatest moments mode like they did with Jordan. So what, we're predicting the future of LeBron now? Unless they throw a big surprise into this mode I will definitely be skipping it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.