Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has released the second title update for NCAA Football 14, which is available now for 360 and PS3 users.

The update includes multiple presentation and performance issues, as well as gameplay enhancements listed below.
  • Formation Subs Exploit
    Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %
  • Coaching Carousel Update
    Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty
  • Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
    Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly
  • Old Dominion Update
    Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”
  • Vignette Slowdown
    Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.
  • Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
    Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3
  • PS3 Optimization
    PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.
NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
  • Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
  • Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
  • Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Bama man 42 @ 08/22/13 06:48 PM
They have messed up PS3 online dynasty BAD !!!

# 162 bigbob @ 08/22/13 07:02 PM
After finally getting to play it, the secondary is just as bad, if not worse than ever before so I don't really get where people are saying safeties are playing so much better.

# 163 JakeReaves @ 08/22/13 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
Hahahahahaha!! Try NOT. I noticed last night that with the PS3 there are still big-time lags and choppiness, in fact I'd say it's even worse!

Typical EA release schedule:

Release = Untested beta version

Patch 1: Fixes stuff that should have been fixed before release if they had halfway competent QA

Patch 2: Fixes the new problems caused by Patch 1
Yes I've seen this twice in a row! Remember the no-huddle glitch from last year? They actually needed a patch to fix a glitch that a previous patch caused.

Patch 3: Doesn't actually do anything but makes us feel better.

Of the remaining bugs, about half are fixed and marketed as "new features" in NCAA 15.
Completely agree. I'm seriously pissed. The game is completely unplayable now with the lagging during the play. Happens after halftime everytime. I'm furious. Cant even play the 3rd and 4th qtr. What is the deal with the employees of this company, seriously?

Can I undo this patch?

# 164 seancass38 @ 08/22/13 08:54 PM
patch #2 still doesn't fix freezes during gameplay (during pre-game or post-game)..my observation is that EA released this game prematurely before any testing by the gamedevs in my opinion because of the O'Bannon case, Wish Ea Sports would properly test their games before release(even if it means delaying release) as most of the other game companies seem to always delay the release of their games till they test it out for bugs ( have seen a few of the Assassins Creed games from UBISoft delayed for the the PC)

# 165 fastgt23 @ 08/23/13 12:41 AM
This game is so frustrating. I just wished I could play a game & it not freeze on load up screen. Really hate playing games over & over again. The user pick was not fixed in tis patch as well? Smh

# 166 LastExit @ 08/23/13 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
Completely agree. I'm seriously pissed. The game is completely unplayable now with the lagging during the play. Happens after halftime everytime. I'm furious. Cant even play the 3rd and 4th qtr. What is the deal with the employees of this company, seriously?

Can I undo this patch?
Yes, but unfortunately you will have to delete everything and that includes the uniform update they made available a few weeks after the release date.

I miss my WVU updated uniforms, but the audio dropouts that this patch caused were driving me crazy so I deleted it.

If you're a PS3 user, go to the game column and towards the top you'll see a folder marked "game data" utility (I'm pretty sure about the utility part....it's a folder marked game data). Open the folder and you'll see the patch (you'll be able to tell by the date and size). Hit the triangle button, go to options or whatever and delete it. You'll also have to disable the internet while playing the game as otherwise it will try to d/l the patch every time you start.

As for the X-Box.....I don't know.

Hope this helps.

# 167 Wartactics @ 08/23/13 01:09 AM
I've played at least 5 games with the current patch adjustments. Here is what I have noticed.

Linebackers are much better in coverage, zone and man. One game a LB had two picks for my team.

Corners are better in coverage, man crossing routes specifically. I've had a couple of picks where my corner jumps the square in route and another on a hook route, which I hadn't seen in two seasons.

Safeties are playing the high ball better. I've had my safety make a few great swats on the ball during deep situations. he also missed one, giving up a TD. The same safety has two interceptions this season on deep balls.

Running is slightly more difficult. Not necessarily all the time, but if the defense decides to stop your run by keying on it, they will probably stop it. Unfortunately, if they decide to let you run, you can do it all day.

The gameplay on defense is much better overall. I feel like if I call a defensive play, my linebackers are actually engaged in the play. Although they still make mistakes, my LB's only have about 50 awareness, they get the job done most of the time now.

# 168 zoon politikon @ 08/23/13 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartactics
I've played at least 5 games with the current patch adjustments. Here is what I have noticed.

Linebackers are much better in coverage, zone and man. One game a LB had two picks for my team.

Corners are better in coverage, man crossing routes specifically. I've had a couple of picks where my corner jumps the square in route and another on a hook route, which I hadn't seen in two seasons.

Safeties are playing the high ball better. I've had my safety make a few great swats on the ball during deep situations. he also missed one, giving up a TD. The same safety has two interceptions this season on deep balls.

Running is slightly more difficult. Not necessarily all the time, but if the defense decides to stop your run by keying on it, they will probably stop it. Unfortunately, if they decide to let you run, you can do it all day.

The gameplay on defense is much better overall. I feel like if I call a defensive play, my linebackers are actually engaged in the play. Although they still make mistakes, my LB's only have about 50 awareness, they get the job done most of the time now.
I second this notion.

# 169 allhailben7 @ 08/23/13 03:31 AM
I don't know what to think about this patch from a passing standpoint.

I tried two games on default All-American with two good QBs against good secondaries.

Game 1: SJSU 23 Ohio State 13.
David Fales: 24-33 210 2TD 0INT

Not sure if I cam finish the second one now...

Game 2: Va Tech vs Louisville Start of 4th Quarter...
Va Tech 33 UL 7
Teddy Bridgewater: 15-29 170 0TD 8INT

8 Int.
Never had a game anywhere near that bad... VT jumped post routes I hadn't run yet, along with curls and seams.
I know their secondary is good, but it shouldn't be that ugly.

# 170 allhailben7 @ 08/23/13 03:37 AM
I'm playing against VT at the moment. (With Louisville, who I haven't played as before)
The FS has 3 picks so far... And some good jumps on old money routes, too..
Secondary in general seems to be at least a little more effective, although I'll need a few more games to see if this was an anomaly.

# 171 kingkilla56 @ 08/23/13 05:25 AM
Still getting framerate issues after viewing replays on PS3. I havent noticed any difference in gameplay to be honest. But that framerate issue is it for me.

This is just sad.

# 172 Gosens6 @ 08/23/13 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
After finally getting to play it, the secondary is just as bad, if not worse than ever before so I don't really get where people are saying safeties are playing so much better.
You know how it is every year man. A patch comes out and the placebo affect starts. People see what they want to see, they think what they want is fixed even though EA made no mention of it in the patch notes.

They're happy and satisfied with the new "Fixes" so I can't be mad at em.

# 173 kc10785 @ 08/23/13 08:47 AM
The freezing in this patch just killed my online Dynasty. I got people restarting there games a whole lot do to freezing. Frustrating

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4

# 174 Dcourtne @ 08/23/13 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartactics

I'll third this as its generally what I have experienced through three games. I do use a set of custom sliders. CPU pass coverage is definitely tighter. And I'd like to think mine is better - definitely have gotten more picks.

# 175 Keys99 @ 08/23/13 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I don't care what anyone else sees. After playing a bit its obvious to me they did some slight tweaks like defenders being aware of receivers in their zones and reaction time. Blown coverages pop up every now and again but I'll deal with it seeing as I'm not getting shootouts now and qbs average around 60% now.

This is all settings default AA. So I'm fine with this.
I'm seeing the exact same thing, I played some SEC match ups on default AA and the gameplay changes are noticeable. Before the patch, I would see a ton of INT's, now you see linebackers popping WRs on slant routes, and DBs swatting down passes. The CPU QB also looks to be reading coverages a lot better and throwing to open men.

# 176 Keys99 @ 08/23/13 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarre85
Also with sliders I've got pass coverage vastly improved. AA base sliders for whoever cares.
what sliders are you using?

# 177 LilDaVe678 @ 08/23/13 01:33 PM
Anyone NOT having issues with their OD on PS3? I'm probably jinxing it but we've been through 2 advances since the patch and it's been fine

# 178 LastExit @ 08/23/13 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
(PS3)

Vignette Slowdown
Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.

This is NOT fixed.
True. It doesn't hang on the levitating football now (it will only show it for 3-4 seconds before it cuts to the play menu) but it is indeed still there. Not a gamebreaker of any sorts but either disingenuous or not tested properly on EA's part.

# 179 tony kant think @ 08/23/13 11:01 PM
I am in an offline dynasty with UNC, I am playing against Duke in the last game of the regular season, it is snowing, and I am on the Xbox 360.

I just had defensive interference called against Duke in the 1st quarter of the game. I haven't seen that in years. It was awesome...felt like I needed to share.

Patch #2 is probably the reason...

# 180 LastExit @ 08/24/13 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I cannot get this game to work properly after the patch. My sound is just so jacked it's unplayable. I have cleaned the disk, wiped all files from this game on my drive, and reinstalled the patch about 3 times. I have a second gen ps3 (40gb model) so if anyone has any advice, please let me know. Game worked fine with 1.01 albeit a few issues that were slightly annoying, at least it was playable.

Sound comes through like a speaker wire in the wrong input, very loud and obnoxious buzzing sound, or it skips and stutters constantly so the crowd sounds horrible and totally ruins the experience. Also, blocking seems absolutely ********, i can't run the read option nearly as well and my offensive line doesn't make blocks it used to. Lbs and defensive ends come flying in untouched and the rb or guard just stands there.
You're not doing anything wrong - the patch messed up the crowd noise. I have experienced constant crowd audio drops while running no huddle (the crowd noise drops while the play menu is coming up) and that "buzzing" sound you mentioned. It sounds like a bad overseas call or something.

The only hope is if they fix it with another patch. In the meantime, I deleted the existing patches but the downside was that the free uniform pack went along with it. I wish there was a way to download it onto a thumb drive and install it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.