Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

FranchisePlaySports has posted another NBA 2K14 video, this one featuring the Detroit Pistons vs. Washington Wizards.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/13 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
it bothers me how little attention go into signature shots and animations. In this video, Washington's franchise player, John Wall, got his signature shot that was present in 2K13 TAKEN AWAY and seemingly replaced with Jamal Crawford's sig shot animation. Why?

Now, it's not like Wall's sig shot in 2K13 was spot-on or anything but at least it was an attempt at realism.
They do some odd things with sig shots...like changing perfect sig shots for no apparent reason...Jason Terry's perfect sig shot from 2k7 has yet to return...and it was about as spot on as you can get...

I don't agree that they give it little attention through, I still think they're the best in he business as far as signature styles...and they give us they chance to tweak what we want to change (although online gamers are SOL unfortunately)

I did see some improvements this year though..Durant's shot looks great, Perkins shot was a nice addition, Bron as you mention, and it seems like they FINALLY got Garnett a decent looking shot...

# 22 Melbournelad @ 09/26/13 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosho
isn't Australia's minimum wage 16 dollars? sorta evens out no?
It only evens out for those on minimum wage. If you're earning say, $90,000, that doesn't apply at all.

# 23 Vni @ 09/26/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
and it seems like they FINALLY got Garnett a decent looking shot...
Hey where have you seen him take a jumper? Do you recall? I've rewatched the Bulls/Brooklyn gameplay and I've only seen him take two free throws. Not sure if they where different from before though.

# 24 Sundown @ 09/26/13 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I don't know. I know they browse the forums and I know they have to see the sig shot thread we put up every year.

I wish they would have mo-capped Steph Curry's shot. It still looks terrible. Same goes for Wade. His sig shot is terrible as well. And if they didn't do anything to Paul George's shot and kept it the same as last year I'm going to be very dissapointed .
Yes. They gave Curry a new shot and it still doesn't look anything like his real one. He's local to 2k, and if he didn't want to come in for a mocap session, there are about 500 YouTube videos dissecting his shot form, including one with all 272 3 pointers he made this season. I also studied the hell out of his shot in order to improve my own. It's not that difficult a shot to get right. Come on 2K.

Thompson's looks solid though.

# 25 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/13 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I don't know. I know they browse the forums and I know they have to see the sig shot thread we put up every year.

I wish they would have mo-capped Steph Curry's shot. It still looks terrible. Same goes for Wade. His sig shot is terrible as well. And if they didn't do anything to Paul George's shot and kept it the same as last year I'm going to be very dissapointed .
Yeah, they def aren't batting .1000....but I still think they do a great job overall...Wades shot was spot on in 2k8 IMO... It's been iffy since then....I think the problem with players like Curry, Pierce etc. is that their shots look different depending on the situation..I liked the idea of Pierce having a set and jump shot like in 2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Hey where have you seen him take a jumper? Do you recall? I've rewatched the Bulls/Brooklyn gameplay and I've only seen him take two free throws. Not sure if they where different from before though.
I'm pretty sure it was in that same BK video

# 26 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/26/13 03:39 PM
Really everyone should have a set and a jump shot animation.

I get CG won't ever see that, but NG though, maybe not everyone year one. Shoot sig dribbles, all that needs to come to NG.

# 27 Eddie1967 @ 09/26/13 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m0n3y
I'm soo glad I'm passing on NBA 2k14 for current gen. They didn't seem to do much according to this video. The offensive and defensive AI has been tweaked slightly from 2k13, The thing that sticks out like a thorn in my is no nba play results in the pg just standing there for a few seconds with hardly no movement from the other teammates. There is always some type of motion. Here is my rundown of negative things I see in the video.

1. The pre game hand shaking is only being done by the star player. In the video between LA and NY every players was giving hand shakes.
2. @1:58 brandon jennings does a double move cut from a stand still position. Where do they do that at?
3. A couple seconds after the hand off J smoove and Jennings seem to get hung up with each other. There seems to still be pathing issues smh.
4. There are recycled steal animations which show that the players are still not trying to track the ball as it is being passed.
5. players still passing the ball when they are wide open
6. @3:21 The player switched off of john wall and the cpu stood back on defense which led to an alley oop to drummond. The cpu switching has not changed much
7. @ 3:23 That god awful air bump is still in the game.
8. @3:50 John wall does a hop step, bumps into the defender but only his animation changes.
9. The CPU wasted a full 24 second shot clock after Wall tipped the ball away and just shot the ball while everybody else was just standing around. On top of that they got the offensive rebound because NOBODY boxed out
10. John wall shook jennings but he didn't react to it until after he sprinted to the lane.........smh.

There is much more in this video I didn't like for this version to be a big improvement from last year to warrant a purchase. And people can say that they 2k is waiting for next gen to implement big changes. My question to you is why the hell would you purchase a game that is a very slight improvement if a bigger improvement is coming a month away from now?
Does that mean that you will no longer post rants about the game since you have vowed not to purchase it? Any other comments after that would have to be considered trolling.

# 28 Sundown @ 09/26/13 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah, they def aren't batting .1000....but I still think they do a great job overall...Wades shot was spot on in 2k8 IMO... It's been iffy since then....I think the problem with players like Curry, Pierce etc. is that their shots look different depending on the situation..I liked the idea of Pierce having a set and jump shot like in 2k11
Perfect opportunity to do SIGNATURE JUMP SHOT PACKAGES.

I mean some guys are defined by their jump shots. Why not do them justice and give them all their variations, picked situationally or randomly?

Curry lands both narrow and wide legged depending on situation and balance, but his stroke is always the same. Would really give life to the game if these variations shot to shot were in the game as well.

At the very least they could get Curry's quick, nearly hyper extended, goosenecked hand, no hitch release right.

# 29 Rasco11 @ 09/26/13 10:21 PM
Wonder what difficulty was...seems like CPU AI passed up some open a bit too often, I thought. We all know Josh Smith won't pass up an open J.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.