Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

While it may be true baseball is one of the easier games to replicate on a digital screen -- it is also true no other sports game captures its sport quite like MLB 13: The Show.

Delivering a refined and polished baseball experience, Sony has set the bar incredibly high as we head towards next-gen baseball. It's going to be somewhat ridiculous to see how detailed the next-generation of The Show titles are going to be -- because the current generation titles are already at the top of the heap.

One glance at the 'little things' thread for each Show title tells you all you need to know: MLB The Show, as a series, is a labor of love and a finely crafed product designed to deliver the ultimate baseball experience.

Read More - Oktoberfest Awards: MLB '13 The Best of Baseball

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RandallB21 @ 10/29/13 12:28 PM
I hope they either put in a relocation feature or at least a build a stadium feature so I can get my A's out of the O.co.

I know I may get hammered by fans of that stadium but I've been to 24 of the 30 MLB parks and the only one worse for baseball is Tampa IMHO. (Haven't been to Kansas City, St. Louis, Toronto, Boston, Minnesota, and Cincinnati).

The A's desperately need a new facility.

# 2 BigshotSportcenter @ 10/29/13 02:08 PM
MLB The Show hands down best sports game.

# 3 HustlinOwl @ 10/29/13 02:13 PM
I know we havent heard anything officially about MLBTS being a next gen title, but safe to assume or have you heard directly this news?

# 4 Bobhead @ 10/29/13 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I know we havent heard anything officially about MLBTS being a next gen title, but safe to assume or have you heard directly this news?
I just don't see any reasonable scenario that doesn't include MLB The Show '14 being available on PS4 by May next year.

Barring a volcanic eruption that destroys the entire MLB The Show office and all their data, it just wouldn't make sense for them to pass on this opportunity.

# 5 KBLover @ 10/29/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallB21
I hope they either put in a relocation feature or at least a build a stadium feature so I can get my A's out of the O.co.

I know I may get hammered by fans of that stadium but I've been to 24 of the 30 MLB parks and the only one worse for baseball is Tampa IMHO. (Haven't been to Kansas City, St. Louis, Toronto, Boston, Minnesota, and Cincinnati).

The A's desperately need a new facility.
This.

The only thing I regret about my Tampa franchise is that I see these other cool parks when on road trips and wish the Trop were better...

# 6 Vechi8 @ 10/29/13 03:36 PM
Regarding his not so good.. MLBTS13 and 12 may appear similair without change but the ball physics in 13 is a ginormis upgrade

# 7 tril @ 10/29/13 03:52 PM
"revolutionary features such as analog hitting and pitching". pleas give credit where credit is due. 2k was the first to do this on current gen, and refine this. this is only the second version of THE SHOW that has analog controls.
please no revisionist history.

other than that THE SHOW IS JUST PURE BASEBALL BLISS

# 8 Armor and Sword @ 10/29/13 08:59 PM
Quite simply the greatest sports game ever made. Hands down.....no doubt in my mind.

And yes the ball physics alone are a huge leap from 12 to 13.......HUGE.

And the new score bug...was a a massive improvement....subtle yet....so big.

I still play MLB 12 too as the rosters that were available for it were incredible. And it feels different than 13. Especially hitting. The timing window is shorter.....takes a game to adjust back.

I love both titles.....but if your going to get one....13 is the game no doubt.

Pure baseball bliss.

# 9 Jimbo614 @ 10/30/13 11:07 PM
I have to disagree with Chris on a couple of points...
1)" Baseball being easy to replicate on a digital screen"
I guess if you're only talking graphics, then the response would be that this is because of the diverse lighting and stadiums in Baseball lends itself to a beauty that isn't replicated in any other sport.
But if you're talking gameplay, I have to strongly disagree. Baseball is so complex on so many levels.. even Hall of Fame Players and Managers still learn something new every time they go to the ballpark. Recreating that must be next to impossible.
2) Comparing the value of 13 to 12... I guess if you're from Oklahoma and raised on football, little things don't mean that much to you.
But in Baseball, even a thousandth of a percentage point over time can add up to a major adjustment. The difference between a .300 hitter and a .200 hitter is less than 2 hits a week..
That being said, the differences between 13 and 12 is two hits a week. If 13 is Wade Boggs, 12 is Omar Moreno..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.