Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Quote:
Coming to NBA 2K14 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One: NBA Today brings you closer to the action than ever before. Real time videos from NBA.com come straight to your console every day and bring you up to date on the latest results from the league. Check out the action from NBA Opening Night!

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 King_B_Mack @ 11/01/13 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Except I'm color blind and didn't even notice one set was yellow and the other green.

Damn, color blind folk getting the shaft again!
Fair enough if you're color blind. Still don't think it's that difficult though. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The fact that many people were initially confused and you even have to type this out means the design is fail.

Good designs are self explanatory and intuitive. They need no deciphering.
This one is self explanatory as well. Unless you're color blind it takes like two seconds to realize if you can't already tell how it's laid out. I think guys are making it harder to understand than it actually is. I get what they're going for though, so maybe that's why I don't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo585
I feel bad now for giving Ronnie and Chris **** over the last month, albeit it's cuz I wanted to see video and get more info, but now coming on these forums you guys complain about the stupidest **** I've ever seen lol I gues I just don't understand wasting my time to write negative but I guess SOME of it could make a difference, I just don't post if I don't have anything good to say, don't waste my time, unles I'm pointing it out like this... NBA 2K14 next gen is gonna be the best basketball game any of us has every played, watch...

And for the record I was able to see the scores and stats no problem first glance... That's why they r grouped in the same colors, green, yellow, etc lol idiots
No need to call them idiots man. Gonna get yourself banned with that kind of stuff.

# 62 Sundown @ 11/01/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
This one is self explanatory as well. Unless you're color blind it takes like two seconds to realize if you can't already tell how it's laid out. I think guys are making it harder to understand than it actually is. I get what they're going for though, so maybe that's why I don't have a problem with it.
But it's not self-explanatory. Most of us figured it out but it shouldn't even require figuring out. It shouldn't require knowing what they're going for. It should make sense at a glance without any mental explanatory verbage.

(Almost) NO ONE EVER USES ALTERNATING COLORS TO GROUP ITEMS TOGETHER. I've never seen a sports ticker or board that does this. Change the background tiles to group them together, or use separator lines. Don't invent rarely used conventions just because.

Everyone expects color differences to highlight leaders or winners. And it's insane to use alternating colors to group teams together on the left and alternate colors for NO REASON on the right and on the bottom.

If there is any discussion on what your graphic design means and how you presented your info, if there is mixed reception in something as simple and straightfoward as this, with sports fans who are used to looking at box scores, YOU HAVE FAILED.

# 63 King_B_Mack @ 11/01/13 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
But it's not self-explanatory. Most of us figured it out but it shouldn't even require figuring out. It shouldn't require knowing what they're going for. It should make sense at a glance without any mental explanatory verbage.

(Almost) NO ONE EVER USES ALTERNATING COLORS TO GROUP ITEMS TOGETHER. I've never seen a sports ticker or board that does this. Change the background tiles to group them together, or use separator lines. Don't invent rarely used conventions just because.

Everyone expects color differences to highlight leaders or winners. And it's insane to use alternating colors to group teams together on the left and alternate colors for NO REASON on the right and on the bottom.

If there is any discussion on what your graphic design means and how you presented your info, if there is mixed reception in something as simple and straightfoward as this, with sports fans who are used to looking at box scores, YOU HAVE FAILED.
Okay man, you win. Someone has to take more than one second to process the information on screen. The design is flawed.

# 64 CMH @ 11/01/13 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Okay man, you win. Someone has to take more than one second to process the information on screen. The design is flawed.
I know I've mentioned the color blind thing, and maybe that's why I still don't get it, but I really don't get it.

So is the winning team in yellow? Or are both teams in yellow and then the next two teams are in green? But then why use a different shaded background for each team? And is the winning team always in one shaded area or is that just the home team?

# 65 Sundown @ 11/01/13 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I know I've mentioned the color blind thing, and maybe that's why I still don't get it, but I really don't get it.

So is the winning team in yellow? Or are both teams in yellow and then the next two teams are in green? But then why use a different shaded background for each team? And is the winning team always in one shaded area or is that just the home team?
The alternating shaded background doesn't mean anything. It's just there to confuse you. Really, it's just there to show rows but it's redundant since the colors do that as well, and they actually work against each other in the corners where the contrast between rows is strong and actually break up the color grouping for team matchups.

Did 2K lose their original graphic designer? That would make sense regarding the job posting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.