Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie2K just tweeted a new MyGM screenshot, with promises of more info on the mode coming this week. In the tweet, Ronnie called MyGM a "re-imagination of what a franchise mode should be."

The screenshot above appears to show a conversation with your owner about the upcoming year's expectations, with an option to respond to his requests via the new conversation engine. In the screenshot linked below, you can see a conversation with a player (Steve Nash) about the direction of the franchise.

What do you think of the screenshot and the potential of MyGM's Conversation Engine?

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Gosens6 @ 11/04/13 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
That's pretty much what I was getting at, as well. It's not that I'm upset or being negative towards the game, I'm just beat down by the marketing at this point. I'm still excited, I just want to see more so that I can get more excited.

As for MyGm, like Gosens I think that this mode has the potential to be awesome. However, there's so many questions and unknowns that I'm starving for info. The only thing we know for sure right now is that we can't control every team like we could in the past and we have to make our owners happy.

Other than that, we don't know if past Association issues have been addressed (player morale problems, teams loading up at unnecessarily positions, trade logic, etc), or if thing like Custom Draft Classes and the real life draft order are in. These things are extremely important, especially since we can no longer control more than one team. Until we get some details I believe that a little skepticism is warranted. Again, not trying to be negative.... Just impatient.
Finally, someone else gets it lol. I know when people saw this screen they instantly got angry because of a lack of info, and no gameplay blah blah blah.

But taking the time to look at what's being presented, the possibilities with this are enormous. That HAS to excite any guy striving for realism.

# 62 Trilluminary @ 11/04/13 05:33 PM
wish alot of u ingrate's got warped back to the days of no internet and game info coming from 1 of 3 gaming mags, usually already a month old by the time they hit newstands.

smh, be surprised for a change. i actually find not knowing what next gen greatness im gonna unwrap on the 15th and/or 22nd refreshing

# 63 RocketTMac1 @ 11/04/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
What are you talking about. Taking away 30 team control so I can sit at my fake owner's desk and have a fake conversation about our upcoming goals is improvement? To me it's a huge step back.
It seems that when you say that you are being negative. I don't see what is negative about saying something like this.

# 64 Timmay @ 11/04/13 05:46 PM
Still won't be worth playing unless they've improved the player development logic

# 65 o Elevate o @ 11/04/13 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I'm actually very excited with this mode. I'm anxious to see how deep it is.

As far as the lack of info goes, I dont really care. It doesn't matter whether they give more info now, or next week. They give us more info, then what? You guy are gonna be whining for even more info. Can't satisfy some people.
Uh, no. It DOES matter.

For some people (and by some I mean probably a lot), how 2k14 looks, plays, etc. will determine where $500+ dollars goes. Especially on a site in which it's members value simulation, realistic, and straight-up gameplay. Trailers are nice, they get you hyped, but at some point, most people want to see the final product before they decide to drop money on it.

And satisfaction is subjective. So yeah, some are gonna have unrealistic ideas of what satisfies them. But I'm sure some, if not most, of the guys waiting anxiously for 2k (and next-gen sports gaming in general) are simply waiting to see straight up gameplay, so we know what we're getting into and what to expect.

# 66 RocketTMac1 @ 11/04/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
It's a major negative for me. I would much rather have control over all 30 teams. If I want to make moves to replicate real life, I can. If I want to edit anybody in the game, I can. If I want to play as any team in the game, I can. To me that is much more important than sitting in front of my fake owner listening to him demand fake goals that may or may not fit with how I want to really run my team. If they want to have something like this whatever, but not at the expense of taking away control from the user. I hated when Madden did the same thing and they saw the backlash and got smart and changed it the next year to give control back. Hopefully 2k does the same thing.
No no. I meant people are saying that your statement is complaining. I agree with you 100%. This mode should be an improvement not a subtraction to things that make a franchise mode entertaining to everyone in individual ways

# 67 BigDaneAyMane @ 11/04/13 06:11 PM
The assumptions people are making off of this one screen are kind of absurd. Assuming it is not "in-depth" because of one screen showing one question asked is a bit premature IMO.

I love the direction this series is going with MyGM and hope that it is good enough to make me love playing offline again other than My player.

I feel for the 30-team users, but to be honest, that is a niche feature, that I would assume most people don't care for. Don't be scared of change. This might be the greatest feature 2k has ever added for all we know. If it sucks, it sucks and that's fine too. People will rebel against it and they'll bring back a more traditional Association.

Let's see how this plays out.

# 68 krunchybox @ 11/04/13 06:14 PM
I don't understand some of you. You have been begging for information about the Next-Gen version of this game and now that it is finally here, there is nothing but complaining about what was provided.

Personally, I am excited about what is coming up! With the new systems, I can't wait to see what happens in the coming years.

# 69 BigDaneAyMane @ 11/04/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
Uh, no. It DOES matter.

For some people (and by some I mean probably a lot), how 2k14 looks, plays, etc. will determine where $500+ dollars goes. Especially on a site in which it's members value simulation, realistic, and straight-up gameplay. Trailers are nice, they get you hyped, but at some point, most people want to see the final product before they decide to drop money on it.

And satisfaction is subjective. So yeah, some are gonna have unrealistic ideas of what satisfies them. But I'm sure some, if not most, of the guys waiting anxiously for 2k (and next-gen sports gaming in general) are simply waiting to see straight up gameplay, so we know what we're getting into and what to expect.
I dunno man. Someone who is making their next-gen purchase based on one game would seem to making a hasty decision anyways.

Current-gen sales definitely affect the news we receive. How many people that own current-gen systems will be getting XB1/PS4 right at launch? I doubt even 10%. Many of us want next gen, but can't afford it right at launch. They have to play both sides right now.

# 70 bc21045 @ 11/04/13 06:37 PM
I'm really excited for this mode. Association has become extremely repetitive with no real additions in the last few years. I know the trade/team building logic has been a big complaint and it's bothered me too but honestly I find it hard to criticize logic in an nba game when so many ridiculous things happen in the real nba (Min drafting 3 PG's in the first round in the same year and missing on steph curry, houston stacking up on undersized PF's for no apparent reason, OKC trading Harden instead of using the amnesty on Perkins etc.). I'm hoping this mode is a big step in adding context to all those cpu moves that seem to make no sense on the surface.

# 71 sk @ 11/04/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exogenesis33
What if I don't want to trade for a draft pick? What if I actually just like my team the way they are in real life? My biggest concern is this....Are we going to be forced to play the way they want us to? I certainly don't want to be told what I am supposed to do as a GM, but if I fail their predetermined goals, then I lose trust...Hmm...
If an NBA GM told his owner "Well what if I don't want to do this? I don't want to be told what to do, I'm gonna do things my way"...

You'd be fired.

# 72 TheSituation @ 11/04/13 07:01 PM
"Ronnie2K: Driving #NBA2K14 MyGM mode is new Conversation Engine, decisions that have ripple effect throughout your organization http://t.co/AODEO1lxIl"

# 73 o Elevate o @ 11/04/13 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSituation
"Ronnie2K: Driving #NBA2K14 MyGM mode is new Conversation Engine, decisions that have ripple effect throughout your organization http://t.co/AODEO1lxIl"

Looks interesting. My only question right now is this: is there only a "benefit" to giving a positive response? What if, say, I wanted to be tough, or not necessarily "player-friendly" in some situations. Is giving a negative response ONLY going to produce negative effects? Can I take a stance on something with the possibility that it turns out to be a good decision later on in my career?

But MyGM seems interesting. I just wish we were getting videos diving into these things, versus screenshots. I don't want to end up having to wander into the unknown, not knowing what to expect.

# 74 Melbournelad @ 11/04/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
In all fairness I hope this mode grows next year. I'm disappointed that 2K has dropped the ball on the D-League and really implementing the Euroleague into this mode and Association. And Summer League my goodness what about summer league?! This mode could have many layers to it with adding real GM's and owners of teams as options for people to control all of basketball operations.

How about hiring a coaching staff or moving your assistant coach to the head coaching gig? How about hiring a training staff that could help a injury prone player?

So many things that this mode can do and so much control that people could have with this thing. The possibilities are endless. If you give people options.
This. 10char

# 75 VDusen04 @ 11/04/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
In all fairness I hope this mode grows next year. I'm disappointed that 2K has dropped the ball on the D-League and really implementing the Euroleague into this mode and Association. And Summer League my goodness what about summer league?! This mode could have many layers to it with adding real GM's and owners of teams as options for people to control all of basketball operations.

How about hiring a coaching staff or moving your assistant coach to the head coaching gig? How about hiring a training staff that could help a injury prone player?

So many things that this mode can do and so much control that people could have with this thing. The possibilities are endless. If you give people options.
Good stuff. I'm stealing MLB: The Show's line: "When it's all said and done, reality is the best innovation."

# 76 Taer @ 11/04/13 11:12 PM
This mode is very exciting on many levels. While there are questions yet to be answered, the very fact that Leftos is involved with this mode is encouraging.

Since he was an active outspoken member of this community for years, I have faith that he would not have signed off on this the way he seems to be doing if it was all flash and no substance.

The only real disappointment on my end is that so far I've sen nothing that the PC could not have handled and so far it seems quite arbitrary to exclude this mode from the PC version.

# 77 Kekambas91m @ 11/04/13 11:12 PM
When did some of you become so entitled that 2k needs to show gameplay! 2k doesn't need to do anything! If they don't want to show gameplay they don't have to. If you really can't wait a week and wait for people to show gameplay that's bad. Some of you must be the type who needs to have it day one. Idk but some of you need to learn how to be patient and wait.

# 78 fabioprince @ 11/05/13 04:19 AM
in mygm can i choose if the cpu trade are avaible or not? i want to play with the real roster and i don't want to see trade cpu/cpu.
what about the slide? are customizable?

# 79 Gramps91 @ 11/05/13 07:03 AM
I think it looks pretty cool. I hope it executes well.

# 80 El_Poopador @ 11/05/13 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekambas91m
When did some of you become so entitled that 2k needs to show gameplay! 2k doesn't need to do anything! If they don't want to show gameplay they don't have to. If you really can't wait a week and wait for people to show gameplay that's bad. Some of you must be the type who needs to have it day one. Idk but some of you need to learn how to be patient and wait.
a lot of people do like to preorder games and with a lot of games there are bonuses for preordering. im not sure if youre aware of this but you cant preorder a game after its released.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.