Home
News Post

The dam has opened and the floodgates of Live 14 information is finally coming out shortly before the game's release date, with the most important bits of info being the gameplay footage we are now seeing trickle out.

This video shows some of the halftime show in Live 14 plus gameplay action from Houston and Golden State. The other video shows the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves.

What do you think?

Member Comments
# 81 dorian813 @ 11/15/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo22
Its not 3 years though. Its 1 year, but dont let the truth get in the way. Its still hard to justify the game. There's a lot in those videos that are wrong. It does give them a good footing for next year but sadly I wont be picking it up this year as I would have liked to.
I thought that the last NBA live to release came out in 2010? What was the last retail year?

# 82 Gramps91 @ 11/15/13 03:28 PM
I really like the presentation anyway. If only 2k could get this type of presentation.

# 83 warren_kendel @ 11/15/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
There's more to games than animations and looks.

How does it feel? How does it play? Are there proper screens being set? How's the spacing? I could go on and on.

2K will always win in look and animations but that doesn't make a game. I'd much rather have solid gameplay and realistic gameplay which it looks like Live will deliver for me.

This is a great point and even though NBA 2K will always look better, looks aren't always everything. I plan to purchase both and am excited to just have 2 different basketball games to play with.

Plus, I remember back when NBA Live 10 was out, many were praising it for playing a great game. The graphics may be outdated in NBA Live 14, but if its gameplay is similar to Live 10, then it should be a great experience.

I still get a chuckle when a lot of the questions concern colors of uniforms, shoes, etc. Even if game companies were spot on with that type of stuff and the gameplay sucked, I would think these people would be upset as well.

# 84 fluent2332 @ 11/15/13 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren_kendel
This is a great point and even though NBA 2K will always look better, looks aren't always everything. I plan to purchase both and am excited to just have 2 different basketball games to play with.

Plus, I remember back when NBA Live 10 was out, many were praising it for playing a great game. The graphics may be outdated in NBA Live 14, but if its gameplay is similar to Live 10, then it should be a great experience.

I still get a chuckle when a lot of the questions concern colors of uniforms, shoes, etc. Even if game companies were spot on with that type of stuff and the gameplay sucked, I would think these people would be upset as well.
Live 10 played a great game. That game was my favorite NBA basketball sim. They had Synergy DNA that updated all season and it was a lot of fun playing my buddies in that game.

Live 14 looks like an improved Live 10, so I'm naturally very excited about it.

# 85 poloelite @ 11/15/13 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren_kendel

Yo man, there was ZERO contact in the paint and on that Kyrie drive NO HELP DEFENSE!! The Ref thought it was Soul Train and players look like mindless drones when they stand around. I put $60 down on Live, so I was obviously looking forward to a decent game. But from what I saw, I'd rather give that money to charity than to EA Sports for this effort.

# 86 Ldot825 @ 11/15/13 03:56 PM
Imo there is no way to excuse this type of graphics on a next gen console, some of you while you have your opinion have to see that plain day this is horrible....this could have been released on 360 and ps3 for no more than $30.00. Then i could see it as a foot in the door. Good Job Ea....please give it a rest

# 87 RipCityAndy @ 11/15/13 03:57 PM
I think it looks very good (relative to expectations). Obviously not as good as 2k, obviously not perfect, but it is definitely a workable game.

Although, I think it is a bit ironic how EA had been hammering BouceTek as the main selling point, and subsequently doesn't really showcase it at all in the game play. I was hoping to see some BounceTek against a computer defender. Maybe an example of how it can be used to actually break down a defender...?

Hard to judge these games on videos of others playing. The proof will be in the pudding. I'll play them both.

# 88 BiggD @ 11/15/13 04:00 PM
I hope they didn't remove the sliders in the game options cause first thing I'm going to do is speed it up and add some damn fouls to the game!

# 89 poloelite @ 11/15/13 04:00 PM
What happened to Waiters around the 7:31 mark?? Did he just give up?

# 90 youvalss @ 11/15/13 04:01 PM
Watched the second video for 2 minutes and couldn't take it. It moves EXACTLY like an old game from 2005. What's with the movement and animations? Where is all the new technology?

Was expecting much more. It's almost like Live 07 all over again. Call me ***** as much as you want, it was bad.

# 91 mythreesons @ 11/15/13 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
It looks as advertised honestly. Anyone expecting a ground breaking game had the wrong expectations. EA even said themselves they were working to make a base that would translate to future iterations.

Does it look great? Well no, not particularly. However I can see the base foundation and it looks much improved to me and has me remaining optimistic, especially in comparison to anything post Live 10...
You misspelled Hell...

# 92 mythreesons @ 11/15/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
I think it looks very good (relative to expectations). Obviously not as good as 2k, obviously not perfect, but it is definitely a workable game.

Although, I think it is a bit ironic how EA had been hammering BouceTek as the main selling point, and subsequently doesn't really showcase it at all in the game play. I was hoping to see some BounceTek against a computer defender. Maybe an example of how it can be used to actually break down a defender...?

Hard to judge these games on videos of others playing. The proof will be in the pudding. I'll play them both.
Nothing wrong with playing them both, but you would be a fool to lay out the same investment... Seriously, if 2k goes for $60 then live is worth about $25 - $30 tops.

# 93 JODYE @ 11/15/13 04:25 PM
For the people that are up in arms regarding the graphics, there is a simple solution...DONT BUY IT.

I also wonder if people that are THIS critical of a game that their not going to buy, are this critical of a game that they do purchase?

Again if you were expecting anything more than what you see here, then your expectations were waaaaaaay off.

# 94 billman29 @ 11/15/13 04:33 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/elmaliante1

Guy streaming Knicks-Pacers (Playoff presentation) on Twitch right now.

# 95 rbfn04 @ 11/15/13 04:36 PM
I'm stumped as to how people say they saw good spacing in this. Are you serious?

And we are going down the "3 years development is necessary. Work in progress" rabbit hole again?

# 96 RipCityAndy @ 11/15/13 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
Nothing wrong with playing them both, but you would be a fool to lay out the same investment... Seriously, if 2k goes for $60 then live is worth about $25 - $30 tops.
I see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure I agree. Yes, 2k looks amazing. Won't argue that. And if that is the dominant selling point, I also agree that Live is worth a fraction of the purchase price of 2k. But, I would rather have a game that looks like Live if it plays better and has more staying power than 2k.

As a consumer, I'm tired of the 2k cycle I personally experience every year. My (and probably some others') response to 2k is approximately this... Day 1: this is SO AWESOME!!! I've been so hyped for months!!! It looks so great!!! So much better than 2k(last year)!!! I love playing with the new rookies!! Day 30: *&#^, the cheese is still in!! When will they update xxx and yyy!?! Game feature zzz is broken and doesn't work (after spending hours in that game mode). Online is broken!! By that point I find the game to be more frustrating than enjoying. I'm just ready for something new. That's just me... I understand others will probably differ.

BUT, Live might be a decent enough game to break that routine. Fingers crossed. I'll put 60 bucks on Live.

# 97 fluent2332 @ 11/15/13 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billman29
http://www.twitch.tv/elmaliante1

Guy streaming Knicks-Pacers (Playoff presentation) on Twitch right now.
And the game is playing FANTASTIC in this. Hate the camera angle, though. But I love what I'm seeing from this game.

# 98 The 24th Letter @ 11/15/13 04:48 PM
I didn't expect to be blown away by the graphics....but I definitely didn't expect to be this underwhelmed...

I don't think asking that a next gen game look well....next gen is too much to ask or an unreasonable expectation..

Beyond the graphics, there were some good and bad things...ill chalk up some dumb A.I to the lack of Synergy data...well see..as good as Live 10 was, there was a lot of "bad Live 10" in this video too....

just not a good video IMO...well see what's up with the demo..

# 99 burt6303 @ 11/15/13 04:48 PM
Yeah, I'm super shocked at how folks are saying this actually looks good. If this was a launch for PS3, I'd still consider it okay at best but for a next gen launch, EA has really dropped the ball. The player models look horrendous as well as the animations. The only thing pleasing to the eyes is the ESPN layout but even that gets watered down by the crappy highlights being shown. I believe competition brings the best out of all of us and was hoping EA would come back strong but saying that this game seems to be a dud is an understatement. 2K trounces this!

# 100 rbfn04 @ 11/15/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
I see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure I agree. Yes, 2k looks amazing. Won't argue that. And if that is the dominant selling point, I also agree that Live is worth a fraction of the purchase price of 2k. But, I would rather have a game that looks like Live if it plays better and has more staying power than 2k.

As a consumer, I'm tired of the 2k cycle I personally experience every year. My (and probably some others') response to 2k is approximately this... Day 1: this is SO AWESOME!!! I've been so hyped for months!!! It looks so great!!! So much better than 2k(last year)!!! I love playing with the new rookies!! Day 30: *&#^, the cheese is still in!! When will they update xxx and yyy!?! Game feature zzz is broken and doesn't work (after spending hours in that game mode). Online is broken!! By that point I find the game to be more frustrating than enjoying. I'm just ready for something new. That's just me... I understand others will probably differ.

BUT, Live might be a decent enough game to break that routine. Fingers crossed. I'll put 60 bucks on Live.
people will always find ways to exploit any game...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.