Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Let's face it, it's not often you see a gaming company not only apologize for a lackluster release but also vow to make tangible improvements to the product before the next version releases.

NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien is doing just that, commenting on the rough week the folks at EA have had with the largely hugely negative feedback on NBA Live 14 and vowing to improve the title.

"We hear loud and clear that some of you are disappointed in various aspects of NBA LIVE 14, and I’m sorry if the game doesn’t live up to your expectations," O'Brien said. "Looking at your feedback, we have laid out a plan to make NBA LIVE 14 a better game as quickly as we can."

The plan to improve NBA Live 14 will involve Twitch Live streams to teach the skills that will help make the experience with Live 14 a better one by teaching about the gameplay mechanics within the game as well as blogs on the EA website. Currently there are three new posts on the Live website: a controller guide, perfecting your style, and levels of dribble.

O'Brien is also promising tangible improvements to the game. Graphics and animations will see "drastic and immediate" improvements in the coming weeks and months within the game.

With such a negative reaction thus far to Live 14, it is definitely a good sign that EA is ramping up to improve the product post-launch with so much support. This bodes well for the series' future, but this also puts EA behind the 8-ball to truly improve the Live experience sooner rather than later.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 King_B_Mack @ 11/27/13 02:23 PM
Honestly I'm a little concerned that there isn't even going to be a Live 15. The writing is looking like it's on the wall here. He says in the coming weeks and months we'll see 14 get better visually. Why would you intentionally cut into the development time of Live 15 worrying about improving Live 14? I simply cannot see EA Sports wasting resources like that. Especially not after the way they cut and run on those of us that purchased NCAA Basketball 10, a game that they KNEW they weren't making the following year and could actually afford to take a step like this.

# 142 Money99 @ 11/27/13 02:49 PM
I'd say that message is refreshing if it were actually heartfelt.
If NBA Live 14 sold 3M copies, this letter doesn't exist.

This is nothing but a veiled attempt to keep the sheep fed so they're ready to buy when they finally right their ship.

I can't help but think the money used to develop NBA Live 14 could have been better spent on MVP 2014.

# 143 Flightwhite24 @ 11/27/13 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Honestly I'm a little concerned that there isn't even going to be a Live 15. The writing is looking like it's on the wall here. He says in the coming weeks and months we'll see 14 get better visually. Why would you intentionally cut into the development time of Live 15 worrying about improving Live 14? I simply cannot see EA Sports wasting resources like that. Especially not after the way they cut and run on those of us that purchased NCAA Basketball 10, a game that they KNEW they weren't making the following year and could actually afford to take a step like this.
This!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

# 144 Tha_Kid @ 11/28/13 02:13 AM
Im interested to see 14 will look like around March. Chances are not too different but i'm open to being surprised.

# 145 GisherJohn24 @ 11/28/13 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Im interested to see 14 will look like around March. Chances are not too different but i'm open to being surprised.
Graphics on a patch won't be much

# 146 Boilerbuzz @ 11/28/13 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak50
Two things wrong with that.

1. Live 14 is that bad, it NEEDS to be fixed to restore some of the ever increasing damage done to the franchise but also to show some respect to those who paid full price for it and essentially got a dud.

2. Whatever fixes they do now will simply carry over into 15.

Seriously, if EA don't dramatically patch 14, their basketball franchise will never recover.

And by dramatically, I don't mean simply removing a few dodgy animations and updating a few faces.
You miss his point - patching 14 only limits 15. What good will it do if 15 is only going to be a marginal improvement on 14? You don't have enough time to make 15 worth buying over 14. Live 14 is pretty much DOA man. The only people that will care are fanboys and stragglers. By the time stragglers come, Live 14 will be in the bargain bin or a heavy resale.

# 147 Boilerbuzz @ 11/28/13 10:49 AM
Quote:
At the same time, if they don't fix 14, no one will go anywhere near 15.
I think that decision, for some, may have already been made. My decision on 15 has nothing to do with 14 at this point. As a matter of fact, I would hope they just get down to work on 15 now. 14 is out the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 148 RangersCruz @ 11/28/13 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I think that decision, for some, may have already been made. My decision on 15 has nothing to do with 14 at this point. As a matter of fact, I would hope they just get down to work on 15 now. 14 is out the door.

Boiler you really don't like Live do you? :P

# 149 King_B_Mack @ 11/28/13 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You miss his point - patching 14 only limits 15. What good will it do if 15 is only going to be a marginal improvement on 14? You don't have enough time to make 15 worth buying over 14. Live 14 is pretty much DOA man. The only people that will care are fanboys and stragglers. By the time stragglers come, Live 14 will be in the bargain bin or a heavy resale.
Yep, pretty much this. I don't get where they're going with this. People already use the short development cycle excuse for this and why Live 13 got cancelled and they're talking about improving 14 drastically over the coming months during a very large chunk of Live 15's development cycle.

They've already botched their three year plan if this is what we're going with. Saying the improvements to 14 will simply carry over to 15? So basically they're going to sell the same game twice? How does this make sense? Basically year 2 of the three year plan is going to be what year one was supposed to be. I just can't see it personally how this is supposed to work out.

# 150 yungflo @ 11/28/13 04:07 PM
if you chose to buy that broken game, you deserved it.

# 151 King_B_Mack @ 11/28/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
You still don't get it.

Saying things like sell the game twice...how about the people that paid for 14? It's like selling a coaster for $60.

Earning some respect by fixing 14 does a lot more for this franchise than an improved 15 does.

After all the mess over the last few years and all the hype surrounding the new engine, the new physics, the whole 'nothing but next' slogan... if EA leave Live 14 as an untouched disgrace, what does that say about them and what they think of their fans?
No more than it does selling it to them for 65 dollars in the first place.

# 152 vernbudde1 @ 11/28/13 05:19 PM
i have nba 2k14 and just got nba live. i got live for the simple fact i cant even play 2k14. i am not saying its better by any means then 2k14 but i like the fact i can put the disc in and not get stuck in a loading screen or have the whole game crash every time.

# 153 GisherJohn24 @ 11/28/13 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernbudde1
i have nba 2k14 and just got nba live. i got live for the simple fact i cant even play 2k14. i am not saying its better by any means then 2k14 but i like the fact i can put the disc in and not get stuck in a loading screen or have the whole game crash every time.
That's your ps4 not the disc

# 154 Boilerbuzz @ 11/29/13 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Boiler you really don't like Live do you? :P
Man, I haven't really liked Live since Live 96 honestly and I had been dying for them to step up on their own for years... Until 1999. Then things changed. But I still wanted to see them step up. Same for Madden since 2005.

# 155 Sundown @ 11/29/13 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp3
2k still has a lot of canned animations in their game, not nearly as many as they had in the past. but it looks great

live doesnt have many if any at all. but it doesnt look good enough
Wut. All of Live's animations are canned.

If you mean long unbreakable animations, Live has plenty -- Bounce-Tek is unresponsive because of all the just-too-long animations.

The most dominant move in Live, the hop step, is one long canned animation. It's as canned as they come. It's so canned that centers share the same animation as guards. And the reason it's overpowered is because there are no contact animations to stop it, likely removed to pacify folks that are overly scared of two-man animations without understanding what happens when it's removed before an alternative is ready-- a terrible basketball game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.