Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

The silence from EA Sports on NBA Live 14 was becoming worrisome, but as of this morning we finally received a short update on Twitter about the company's efforts to scan Utah Jazz Players heads for what appears to be NBA Live 14.

With the Jazz in Orlando, it's likely the Live team is getting as many teams scanned as possible as they come through town. This appears to be part of EA's efforts to improve the game's visuals as promised shortly after release.

The Tweet from the @EASportsNBA account said, "Player Head Scanning this morning with the @utahjazz. Big man @Enes_Kanter is In the Game! #NBALIVE14."

What do you think? Positive news?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The 24th Letter @ 12/18/13 08:46 PM
I honestly rather them capture some animations than faces...but can't really complain about this...

# 22 BiggD @ 12/18/13 09:17 PM
Hey EA how about updating the rosters like you promised!!!!! Rudy Gay and I.Thomas are both wearing 22.. that trade was like nearly 2 weeks ago. And thats one example

# 23 Ldot825 @ 12/18/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
not everyone has been scanned in either game. since you brought up 2k have you seen kyle korver or better yet cp3 in 2k14? they are trying to get some of the players that didnt get scanned initially. its called post release support.
LMAO cmon now you only mentioned two players and 2k never gets cp3 right but but this is a WHOLE TEAM that has not been scanned....it says Jazz players not player....yeah some post release support alright, this post release report should have already came with the $60 price tag that some poor souls spent their money on

# 24 Sundown @ 12/18/13 09:46 PM
Quote:
not everyone has been scanned in either game. since you brought up 2k have you seen kyle korver or better yet cp3 in 2k14? they are trying to get some of the players that didnt get scanned initially. its called post release support.
Lol, really?

2K got as many heads wrong as Live got right-- which isn't very many.

Live scanned like 6 guys, while 2K scanned most of the league. Your defense is "they both didn't scan everyone"? Seriously?

That's like comparing yourself to Steph Curry as a basketball player because you both miss some threes.

# 25 krazyboy225 @ 12/18/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldot825
LMAO cmon now you only mentioned two players and 2k never gets cp3 right but but this is a WHOLE TEAM that has not been scanned....it says Jazz players not player....yeah some post release support alright, this post release report should have already came with the $60 price tag that some poor souls spent their money on
The people who bought the game are not the ones complaining that it wasnt worth the $60 price tag.

# 26 NimaAkaJoJo @ 12/19/13 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yet 2K scanned a vast majority of the league.

This is a good move by Live though. Next is to rework models, lighting, and animations.
And yet 2K really messed up some faces. Look at birdmans ugly baby face or glen davis' duck face.. Both games nailed some faces and did a horrible job on others.

# 27 blackceasar @ 12/19/13 12:51 AM
Hate to burst you guys bubble but I'm not holding my breath on this face scan being for a patch. Some things cannot be patched without actually rebuilding the engine itself to a degree. From knowing a few people that work in the industry on the actual prodcution side of video games my best assumption is they decided to start getting ready for 15, and posted some photos as a PR stunt.

Some of you are going to discount what I'm saying and that's fine but again, there are some things you cannot patch into a current game. And the simple fact that they are NOW doing this and showing it should make people even more mad about this game. Even if you LIKE the X and O's part of the game, the fact that they are now doing what they should have done for the game you had to pay a full 60.00 for is just sad, shameful, and pathetic.

Let me explain something to you about social media. 10 years ago, they would not be posting open letters to the public, and doing PR moves like this photo.. because 10 years ago people were not "wired in" to the internet through social media like we are today. As soon as a congressman tweets a pic of his penis.. 5 minutes later 50 million people have seen it. In the age of social media, a brand doesnt belong just to the company anymore... it belongs to the public.. we can quickly start conversations about a product so fast and it can spread so far in a matter of minutes now.. which is why some brands now have no choice but to do dammage control.

Think about it.. if they put out a game this bad 10 years ago and there was no OS, Gameinformer.com IGN.com, etc.. do you think they would be issuing public statements and the such? of course not.. people have a bigger voice now more than ever, so companies are forced to engage back with them to some degree.

Sorry, I'm not buying what they are selling with that photo. Live 15 maybe.. patch? I seriously doubt it.

# 28 blackceasar @ 12/19/13 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
If they are going to do this, then they need to figure out a way to scan body types in the game as well. Live has never been able to get the body type of players right. They need to harness the tech's true power to bring out the next gen visuals and animations, and stop stringing us along with this unpolished effort.
You're going to need them to actually tear their engine apart and start there.. THAT is something not getting patched. Re-done or tweaked for 15? Yes.. patched.. nope..that's not happening.

# 29 blackceasar @ 12/19/13 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
I don't understand how the same company that made fight night on the XBOX 360 and the visuals that we see for the UFC game not account for the visuals in an NBA game. The facials under the helmet in Madden look better then what we see in this "Next Gen" Live. I mean the NBA is supposed to be the game that would for the most part resemble the true life counterparts as people generally can relate to them when they see them in public because their faces are right there for all to see. The graphics on Live are just sub-par along with the motion, movement and authenticity and I am a Live supporter. I just don't get the visuals on Next Gen UFC and the visuals of NBA Live trying to make a comeback, how could this be missed like a Dwight Howard free throw....Also how could the game lag so much, how many people have pushed the pass button twice because it did not pass the ball and you end up throwing a full court pass out of bounds...now I'm just ranting, but you get what I mean if you have played the game...#Wewillseeifthisisbullcrap.
Different EA games are developed my different teams. Even though I'm a HUGE UFC fan, it's still very much a niche' sport to the masses and therefore doesn't have the eyes of the MBA Boardroom members and shareholders looking at it the way they do Live and Madden.. therefore the team working on UFC get to fly under the corporate big wig radar..probably don't get rushed, have non creatives telling them what to do, etc..which is why the UFC game looks next gen..and live looks like it was rushed and forced into market by people at EA that are in the business of shareholders and dividends and not making great sports games.

# 30 shutdown10 @ 12/19/13 09:09 AM
Quote:
did you read the post i quoted? why arent you calling that a bait post? because thats what it was. and i took the bait. and youre the exact same way (referring to the "discussion" about how you think ea should give someone else a chance to make a bball game.) and with this post. i dont give anyone flak if they have a justified gripe. but his post was simply a shot at the game/devs for no reason. so yes i will absolutely call that out.

right they were a sentence apart. and you left out the sentence that said where they did focus. the part that can say something positive. which was left out by you because it did not fit your agenda to take a shot at the game. what game doesnt release updates post release anymore? that is not what this thread is about.

back on topic: its good to see that theyre trying to fix some of the visuals. itll be interesting to see how many other players they can do this for.

It does not matter if he chose to put down the devs or the game. What he posted is what they stated on their apology letter, so you should not have posted that sly bait remark to start an argument. I'm not like you because I don't reply back with sarcastic comments to posters if I don't like what they posted. What is your purpose for defending an EA franchise that has strung along their supporters for the past four years? You are not going to change are minds about the game just like we're not going to change yours, so you are wasting your time. I truly believe and stand with my comment that EA should bow out and let another company take that spot if they cannot make a respectable game. If you don't like my comments then scroll down and read the other ones. I'm not going to except this effort from EA or the Live team. They need to do alot more for us.

# 31 shutdown10 @ 12/19/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
this is the last time i will reply to you because its not worth debating with someone who doesnt want to understand the facts and its incredibly off topic. if you dont like live and you dont like ea then why in the world are you in the ea live forum? this thread specifically is about something being done to the game and yet you have yet to comment on that at all. instead you come in and attack me for no reason whatsoever and state that the dev team for this game you hate and the company you hate has given a half-assed effort when you have no proof of that at all. the same goes for the post i originally quoted who actually made the effort to remove a section of the quote because it hurt his cause.

also if in fact i was trying to make a bait post and you recognized it as such then why would you respond?

I already commented on the facial scanning if you saw my first post on the first page of this thread. I don't hate EA or the Live team. I bought their last two games in NBA live 09 and 10 and liked both those games very much. I played Live 14 a fair amount of times, so I know the game is a poor effort on their part. Please stand by your comment of not replying to my post again because you won't change my mind about what the company has done to this franchise. When I see your posts I will ignore them and scroll down to the next post. If you like this game and post your positive opinion about it then there is no reason for anyone to give you any gripes about it, but don't go on looking to attack others who don't share your opinion. I responded to your posts because the moderators have been coming into these threads diffusing similar posts like yours and giving warnings. Especially the one I had with you about EA bowing out and some other company taking that spot. All I'm telling you is to stop arguing with people who don't like the game and are not satisfied with the team's efforts because you are wasting your time.

# 32 noshun @ 12/19/13 12:30 PM
Quote:
right they were a sentence apart. and you left out the sentence that said where they did focus. the part that can say something positive. which was left out by you because it did not fit your agenda to take a shot at the game. what game doesnt release updates post release anymore? that is not what this thread is about.

Since you are having quite a bit of trouble grasping this, ill explain in Layman terms, hopefully you'll get it this time. Agenda, please ... cut it out.

1. What I quoted, has to do with.. take a guess.... visuals.
2. Here's what was left out:
Quote:
We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future.
Take a guess what this doesn't apply too, and why I quoted the next sentence after this? ..... visuals.
3. Thread topic is about... take another guess? Face scans which are.. the word of the day.... visuals.

While this post release support is good, its also bad because it was something neglected pre game production at full price. They have been talking about face scan since Tyson Chandler's mangly beard & pores since Elite 11.

Must be embarrassing I had to hold your hand and walk you through this thread. Others got it, why couldn't you? Please don't reply... you removed all doubt already...

# 33 WTF @ 12/19/13 03:18 PM
If your comments are directed towards the topic at hand, I'd recommend deleting them. Checking this thread from my phone and it's pitiful. I'll be pulling it back up at home later this evening.

This is a GOOD thing, regardless of how people try to spin it. The bickering and non constructive criticisms and praises that aren't relative to the thread are going to stop.

# 34 verbalhologram @ 12/19/13 07:08 PM
Thanks for keeping this and other threads on track WTF.It is a real shame that people come into these threads to get into arguments and at the end of the day not really help any of us that don't mind the game and want to see it get better.
Like several of us here I can see the potential in Live 14 and would love to see what they can do with some of the visual and artistic updates and gameplay tweaks in general.
Stop trying to prove each other wrong guys and keep you posts constructive that way we all benefit.

# 35 Earl1963 @ 12/19/13 07:22 PM
Yay for us Live fans.

All 3 of us.

# 36 Tha_Kid @ 12/19/13 07:33 PM
Not understanding the skepticism. How is this different from PES 2014 on 360/PS4 having a bunch of generic faces and them adding more through patches? It's being done on current/last gen as we speak.

# 37 Escobeats @ 12/19/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Not understanding the skepticism. How is this different from PES 2014 on 360/PS4 having a bunch of generic faces and them adding more through patches? It's being done on current/last gen as we speak.
PES 14 is actually a decent game from a gameplay stand-point though. If u enjoy a much slower paced simulated experience then you'll enjoy it.

# 38 Escobeats @ 12/20/13 12:02 AM
It's nice that EA is fixing up some obvious flaws but when will the gameplay be revamped?, perhaps another year of waiting? For me this was the biggest turn-off in NBA live 14 by far and I would've thought this would fit their vision better compared to graphical / presentation updates, i would actually be more than happy to play the current build but with a more simulated experience with upgraded animations and engine. It's almost like they intended to release this game for PS3 / XB360 but then decided to port it over at the last second. Regardless it's nice to see they're actually doing something for people that decided to fork out money for this game and acknowledged that the game is horrible right now.

# 39 daam81 @ 12/20/13 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

Pes wasn't $60...

# 40 Tha_Kid @ 12/20/13 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daam81
Pes wasn't $60...
Neither was Live less than a month after its release. And price is a joke of a reason to act indignant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.