Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Operation Sports reader tedus captured a few videos from his MLB 14 The Show hands-on in Taiwan. He also grabbed a couple of screenshots showing off the new front end, which confirms online franchise.

Below are a few of his impressions, after playing for 10 minutes. More info is sure to come soon, but until then, enjoy.
  • The field/batting camera changed!
  • Presentation almost the same!
  • Control felt good!
  • Base running animation felt some different!
  • Fielding felt more responsive

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 401 metsfan4life1 @ 01/29/14 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Oh no I love animals, just kicking the dog out of the thread!
You're a Yankees fan.. Can I trust you...

Sarcasm lol.

# 402 VinceJulien14 @ 01/29/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
You're a Yankees fan.. Can I trust you...

Sarcasm lol.

I would say no, but what do I know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 403 spaceg0st @ 01/30/14 03:46 PM
LOL, well played nemesis, well played.

# 404 GruffyMcGuiness @ 01/30/14 03:52 PM
That may be one if the most hilarious things I've seen in thread, nemesis. Hahaha

# 405 tnixen @ 01/30/14 06:12 PM
I know these are low quality videos but from the looks of it it looks like the ball physics have been improved a lot from MLB 13 The Show

# 406 metsfan4life1 @ 01/30/14 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I know these are low quality videos but from the looks of it it looks like the ball physics have been improved a lot from MLB 13 The Show
Didn't you already say that? Haha

# 407 tnixen @ 01/30/14 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Didn't you already say that? Haha

Well it looked so good I had to say it twice

# 408 Bobhead @ 01/31/14 12:16 AM
Sorry to interject, but it looks like the ball physics have been improved a lot from MLB 13 The Show.

# 409 MrOldboy @ 01/31/14 12:19 AM
Well, improved is maybe going a bit too far at this point. Changed perhaps, but who knows if everyone will see them as better than 13's physics until its in their hands.

As long as ground balls down the line get to the wall I'll be happy.

# 410 JoeCoolMan24 @ 01/31/14 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Well, improved is maybe going a bit too far at this point. Changed perhaps, but who knows if everyone will see them as better than 13's physics until its in their hands.

As long as ground balls down the line get to the wall I'll be happy.
Groundballs down the line, line drives over the head of outfielders, and bloopers over the infield that actually fall. Those are the types of hits this game lacks enough of.

# 411 butlerbulldog @ 01/31/14 09:21 AM
Hey guys, long-time OS reader, first-time poster.

I have been playing MLB The Show since the PS2 days. In my opinion, it is the most realistic sports game around. I am chomping at the bits for the '14 edition to come out.

One feature that I would love to eventually be integrated into the game would be the ability to sim games and have the actual results. I pretty much only play the franchise mode, and it would be great to have the simulated results be as close to the actual MLB results as possible.

For example, right now I am playing The Show '13, and in my franchises, I'll simulate the entire 2013 season in order to start out in the 2014 season. The problem is when I simulate I get very unrealistic results (IE the Brewers winning the 2013 World Series). I just thought by having accurate sim results, it would make for a better game to play in November, December, and January when we are all waiting for the new version to come out.

I know this could be possible, because NBA2K14 already has a feature where you can begin a season on the current date, and start the season with actual records and results. Just wondering if anyone thinks that would ever be something The Show would do?

# 412 HustlinOwl @ 02/03/14 07:58 AM
still hoping for an online playoff mode for short tournaments

# 413 Willard76 @ 02/03/14 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butlerbulldog
Hey guys, long-time OS reader, first-time poster.

I have been playing MLB The Show since the PS2 days. In my opinion, it is the most realistic sports game around. I am chomping at the bits for the '14 edition to come out.

One feature that I would love to eventually be integrated into the game would be the ability to sim games and have the actual results. I pretty much only play the franchise mode, and it would be great to have the simulated results be as close to the actual MLB results as possible.

For example, right now I am playing The Show '13, and in my franchises, I'll simulate the entire 2013 season in order to start out in the 2014 season. The problem is when I simulate I get very unrealistic results (IE the Brewers winning the 2013 World Series). I just thought by having accurate sim results, it would make for a better game to play in November, December, and January when we are all waiting for the new version to come out.

I know this could be possible, because NBA2K14 already has a feature where you can begin a season on the current date, and start the season with actual records and results. Just wondering if anyone thinks that would ever be something The Show would do?
The key to fixing this is downloading one of the update rosters created in the Vault off the rosters thread on this site - for instance and yes I am biased to this roster because it was my initial creation but the OSFM Hybrid gave very accurate - close to real life results - had the Dodgers and Tigers in the 2013 WS.

# 414 tnixen @ 02/03/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
still hoping for an online playoff mode for short tournaments
That would be great if this was added as a new mode

# 415 HustlinOwl @ 02/03/14 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
That would be great if this was added as a new mode
We can somewhat do it now, just some work for commissioner but a standalone mode would be nice

# 416 Shakedowncapo @ 02/13/14 11:44 AM
Noticed this line from the PS Blog;

"Online Franchise expands upon Online Leagues of seasons past, introducing multi-season play with Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency, and CPU Trades."

Since it wasn't mentioned above, does this mean progressing farm systems(A,AA,AAA) didn't make the cut?

# 417 MrOldboy @ 02/13/14 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Noticed this line from the PS Blog;

"Online Franchise expands upon Online Leagues of seasons past, introducing multi-season play with Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency, and CPU Trades."

Since it wasn't mentioned above, does this mean progressing farm systems(A,AA,AAA) didn't make the cut?
What would you do with your drafted amateurs...?

# 418 Shakedowncapo @ 02/13/14 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
What would you do with your drafted amateurs...?
Last years "online leagues" still had a 40-man roster but no full minor league system. Technically those drafted players could go right to the 40-man. I'm just looking for clarification.

# 419 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Last years "online leagues" still had a 40-man roster but no full minor league system. Technically those drafted players could go right to the 40-man. I'm just looking for clarification.
I wasn't checking on the online league stuff.....but I think you may have the entire(entire to the Show as in the past) minor league system.

M.K.
Knight165

# 420 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/15/14 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antho5tNY
there a relocation or rebuild a stadium ability
Excuse me?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.