Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Shortly after breaking down the first wave of information regarding MLB 14: The Show, we were treated with the game’s entire fact sheet. Here’s a quick look at the highs and lows of Sony’s latest press release.

Read More - MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 asu666 @ 02/26/14 10:36 AM
Good list.

I hope to see more GM options return, like setting prices and loans; however, the ability to generate quick counts could be huge for both speeding up games and generating realistic walk totals. I love the ability to carryover franchise saves too. I'll probably carry mine over just so I have the option to play them, even if I want to start over with accurate rosters each spring.

I like the left-handed infielder addition too. As a south paw, it's nice to see my fellow lefties reflected in-game correctly.

# 2 burjeffton @ 02/26/14 10:39 AM
Rtts should be a blast. It's at the top of my list!

# 3 jaredsmith83 @ 02/26/14 10:39 AM
I'm with you on the shortened games. I always wanted to be able to play the franchise mode a bit quicker like I did in the RTTS. Looking forward to that! As a left handed baseball player, I always thought it would be fun to play 3rd base so at least now I can put myself there if I want LOL but I dunno, I guess enough of us lefties wanted it in there haha

# 4 Knight165 @ 02/26/14 10:42 AM
Haha...good list

"testing to see if we read the whole list"

I'm guessing that some lefthanded player of The Show who uses RTTS....requested the ability to play IF lefthanded.

As for player lock....if you like RTTS but don't want to "slog" through the minors....create yourself...use player lock....there you go!

M.K.
Knight165

# 5 nemesis04 @ 02/26/14 10:45 AM
These top 2 to me make game play feel fresh:

*New dynamic game play cameras for batting and fielding

*Dynamic catch position indicator for fielding

Excited for these also:

Completely re-done catcher animations suite (over 150 all-new catcher animations)

Re-writtenn CPU plate discipline logic

New pickoff cameras

New injury presentations

Intro Fly-Ins

# 6 juice2142 @ 02/26/14 10:53 AM
To clarify your what's not....

Player lock- i can see some poeple wanting to play a season as the Dodgers (example). Possibly want to speed up games by only taking Matt Kemps at bats or something. This can be turned on/off throughout game, so i think its nice they added it, even if its seldomly used.

Left handed batters- Have you played Diamond Dynasty? I'm thinking that's where they are headed with this. It was really hard to find left handed batters in that mode. If they increase the rate of left handed batters being generated, that would be a good thing.

# 7 BSUFAN @ 02/26/14 11:09 AM
Player lock on my favorite player and then I can do RTTS on top of that, man I am going to be busy for the next 9 months

# 8 jeb4056 @ 02/26/14 11:25 AM
I'm a lefty so I like that they added lefty IF's. I also like the player lock and hope they intigrate it into couch co-op.

# 9 ryanmc564 @ 02/26/14 11:51 AM
Left hand Infielders?????????? I don't understand why SCEA went out of their way to make that happen, sounds to me like a lot of work would had to be involved in order to have lefty infielders for no reason other than to please left handed people. Kind of thought that The Show was suppose to be a baseball "sim" not a baseball "fantasy"

# 10 v2micca @ 02/26/14 11:52 AM
Yeah, not really feeling the left handed infielder option in RTTS. And this is coming from a lefty. Plus, it makes we wonder how they are going to handle the animations. Just mirroring them would create some laughably bad transitions. And I would much rather they spent time and resources on creating more accurate batting stances and swing animations than creating left-handed infielder animations.

# 11 MrOldboy @ 02/26/14 11:53 AM
So far the new catcher animations have me the most excited, its been one of the most stale aspects of the game for me. Since I only use broadcast when fielding it really has stood out. Not a great look at any new animations in the first trailer, but I'm really hoping that catchers will actually set up on the corners, stand up for high fastballs and frame close pitches.

Like the the OP said stuff like left handed infielders makes my head hurt when there is talk every year about how limited resources are. Even if it wasn't much work, there had to be something more relevant to more The Show players to spend that time on.

# 12 BSchwartz07 @ 02/26/14 12:24 PM
Only place where the Lefty infielders will help is when changing positions for someone. If I ever move an lefty OF to 1B or 1B to OF as soon as you'd flip past another IF position the guy would be right handed.

I'm happy with the new stuff but a few things that I REALLY want to see soon.

-Branded equipment... Sick of the generic stuff as well as no options for glove styles or catcher's gear. It makes every catcher look out of shape and the gear is a bit dated. Plus, this would add a layer to RTTS
-Complete changes to the announcing, these little year to year updates aren't doing it. The announcing is stale and bad
-Editing coaches, small gripe but I hate when I hire a new coach somewhere and they have either a retired number or the same one as one of my player, or both base coaches are the same number.
-Dynamic Minor league ranking system. I'd love to see guys jump up to the top spot in my organization, or know if I'm trading for the top pitcher from another organization. Also they could use a bit more of the spikes in ratings. I've noticed an older player can become AWFUL over the course of a season, but the younger guys develop MUCH slower.
-Better Uniform selections, as a Braves fan I hate that their off-white alternates STILL hadn't made the game as of last year. Thinking it may be a PS3 limitation but teams can't all fit into the two home and two away with two alternates format. Would love to see some AAA and AA alternates as well.
-Minor league and spring training stadiums... in RTTS and in franchise if I play minor league games the stadiums are a bit underwhelming and generic
-All-Star uniforms. Using one generic BP jersey is lame. Put the guys in the uni's of their actual teams for the mid-summer classic. It also helps as you go on in a franchise to see what teams guys came from.
-Patches... Every other sports game has patches for post-season games, would add a nice element to the playoffs and world series.

...that's what I can think of off of the top of my head, that said The Show still plays MUCH better than any other sports game on the market.

# 13 BSchwartz07 @ 02/26/14 12:27 PM
one other thing.... fix the stirrups, they haven't looked like that since the early 90's....

# 14 HustlinOwl @ 02/26/14 12:31 PM
how is online features a low point??? This has been the most overlooked area of the game since its inception and the last sports franchise to incorporate and online franchise. This is PS4 and PSN has been leaps and bounds improved on the PS4 compared to the PS3. PS Plus needed for online play, so it better be up to standards

# 15 nemesis04 @ 02/26/14 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
how is online features a low point??? This has been the most overlooked area of the game since its inception and the last sports franchise to incorporate and online franchise. This is PS4 and PSN has been leaps and bounds improved on the PS4 compared to the PS3. PS Plus needed for online play, so it better be up to standards
He is referring to actual gameplay online. He is not putting down the additions.

# 16 HustlinOwl @ 02/26/14 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
He is referring to actual gameplay online. He is not putting down the additions.
gameplay online is a lowpoint how does he know has he played it?

# 17 carli10 @ 02/26/14 01:06 PM
Hi does anyone know the actual date mlb the show 14 is gonna be released for ps4?? Amazon says it's may 31 is that the actual date or haven't said anything yet? Thanks

# 18 nemesis04 @ 02/26/14 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
gameplay online is a lowpoint how does he know has he played it?
The jist of what he is saying is based off the Show's past performance of actual gameplay the new features will not be as special if it is not on par play wise. Its a fair statement.

# 19 HustlinOwl @ 02/26/14 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The jist of what he is saying is based off the Show's past performance of actual gameplay the new features will not be as special if it is not on par play wise. Its a fair statement.
oh no doubt, but 13 was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I can see the headaches if primarily an offline gamer and trying to make switch to online, but thats the case with all games.

# 20 ShowTyme15 @ 02/26/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carli10
Hi does anyone know the actual date mlb the show 14 is gonna be released for ps4?? Amazon says it's may 31 is that the actual date or haven't said anything yet? Thanks
No one knows yet. It'll most likely be out sometime between May 6-27. Won't be the 31st as that is a Saturday. I don't think we'll find out an actual date until April.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.