Home
NASCAR '14 News Post

Details for the upcoming NASCAR '14 patch have been released on the ETX NASCAR Facebook page. No release date has been announced.
  • Fixes for various freezing issue experienced by some players
  • Fix to sound issues experienced by some players
  • Changes to aggressiveness of AI to give players greater control over levels
  • Tweak to difficulty setting to bring AI closer to selected level (want the full NASCAR experience? Select 100% for real-life scenario or dial down for less intensity)
  • Increased yield when lower difficulty level selected
  • Adjustment to Darlington and Kansas race lengths
  • Fix for pitting issues experienced by some players
  • Fix for private lobby issues experienced by some players
  • Fix to ensure results achieved are accurately reflected
  • Fix for decal / paint issues experienced by some players
This patch will also include an update to bring in the new qualifying and chase format rules announced early in 2014 by NASCAR and will include all 43 current Sprint Cup drivers. For those playing as Nationwide drivers these cars will remain in game for you to enjoy.

Source - ETX NASCAR Facebook

Game: NASCAR '14Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
NASCAR '14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BurghFan @ 03/17/14 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Just turned on PS3. It said something about Nascar 14 when I turned it on. Any word if it was the patch. I didn't have time to see
Nope, no patch. How do you see these messages about games when you turn on your system? I never get them, or at least never notice them. Is it a PSN+ feature?

# 22 Aggies7 @ 03/17/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Nope, no patch. How do you see these messages about games when you turn on your system? I never get them, or at least never notice them. Is it a PSN+ feature?

I don't know it may have something to do with the feature where it auto updates stuff when system is standby. I didn't specifically set anything up, maybe someone else on here knows.

# 23 cusefan74 @ 03/17/14 10:35 PM
I think there is a way to set it up for auto updates, but I don't do that so I don't exactly no how it works. If there is a patch for a game it will pop up when you put the game in and start loading it.

As far as the patch goes, it's my guess we will be waiting at least a month, maybe even two before we see the patch. This company is very slow at getting patches out and then they usually don't work. I've put the game on the shelf hoping the patch comes soon and works.

# 24 bigdoc85 @ 03/18/14 06:32 PM
The patches took forever with the 1st game -- it's like deja vu all over again!

I'll probably be well into playing MLB 14 The Show before we see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I think there is a way to set it up for auto updates, but I don't do that so I don't exactly no how it works. If there is a patch for a game it will pop up when you put the game in and start loading it.

As far as the patch goes, it's my guess we will be waiting at least a month, maybe even two before we see the patch. This company is very slow at getting patches out and then they usually don't work. I've put the game on the shelf hoping the patch comes soon and works.

# 25 Aggies7 @ 03/18/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85

Agreed I wish they would give some updates on the process. I hate getting the details and then a complete shut down on information.

# 26 cusefan74 @ 03/19/14 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85

Same thing here. Well into The Show.

# 27 Aggies7 @ 03/19/14 09:27 PM
I don't know why they just don't wait to announce the patch a week before they will be releasing. I mean don't come to the table with your plans and no timetable. Maybe just me but that makes the company look bad.

# 28 Cubfan @ 03/19/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
I don't know why they just don't wait to announce the patch a week before they will be releasing. I mean don't come to the table with your plans and no timetable. Maybe just me but that makes the company look bad.
I think they just wanted to announce a patch to calm the masses. Lets hope it fixes and not adds to the list of broken things in the game.

# 29 Aggies7 @ 03/19/14 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
I think they just wanted to announce a patch to calm the masses. Lets hope it fixes and not adds to the list of broken things in the game.

That's my fear. I love addition of new qualifying format and chase format but I can see this adding more bugs on top of the ones that were overlooked.

But I do understand your point of calming the masses

# 30 Cubfan @ 03/19/14 10:30 PM
Quote:
That's my fear. I love addition of new qualifying format and chase format but I can see this adding more bugs on top of the ones that were overlooked.

But I do understand your point of calming the masses
Yeah I'm shocked they added the new qualifying and chase format. I can't see this working at all.

# 31 cusefan74 @ 03/20/14 12:35 PM
The problem with calming the masses by announcing a patch is that then you get the other masses that start complaining the patch isn't coming fast enough. Even if they would come out and say how long it would take people would still be complaining. They can't win, someone will always complain. I wish they would give a timetable for the patch, but I don't complain about it. I have other games to play to keep me happy, so I can wait.

# 32 Aggies7 @ 03/20/14 11:40 PM
Quote:
The problem with calming the masses by announcing a patch is that then you get the other masses that start complaining the patch isn't coming fast enough. Even if they would come out and say how long it would take people would still be complaining. They can't win, someone will always complain. I wish they would give a timetable for the patch, but I don't complain about it. I have other games to play to keep me happy, so I can wait.

I understand that it's probably tough for a timetable due to Sony and Microsoft having to approve it, but they could at least give some updates such as it's been turned into Sony and Microsoft. Not complaining just think that would calm masses and take negative vibe off their company.

# 33 cusefan74 @ 03/21/14 12:44 AM
Quote:
I understand that it's probably tough for a timetable due to Sony and Microsoft having to approve it, but they could at least give some updates such as it's been turned into Sony and Microsoft. Not complaining just think that would calm masses and take negative vibe off their company.

I agree they could give some kind of update. But they can't use Sony or Microsoft as an excuse though, because they know it takes 10 to 14 days to approve patches through them. So they could put a date on it. I also don't think it has to be an exact date, they could just say, hey a month, 2 months, that's what we are aiming for. Or even 6 months if that's how long it will take, at least we would have a timetable to work with.

# 34 bigdoc85 @ 04/16/14 07:08 AM
So much for "Coming Soon." This is like NTG 2011 all over again. My prediction of playing MLB 14 The Show for PS4 prior to the patching coming out is likely to come true. Just about ready to dump this game on ebay.

# 35 cusefan74 @ 04/17/14 01:02 PM
It looks like it is about 2 to 3 weeks out. At least that is what I saw from their forums.

# 36 edwing @ 04/17/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
It looks like it is about 2 to 3 weeks out. At least that is what I saw from their forums.
So about the same time as the Show releases on PS4. Safe to say that this game won't get too much playtime from me anymore. Just wish I had bought a physical copy to facilitate a trade in rather than the digital version. Oh well, at least now I can still have the opportunity to play if I am in the mood.

# 37 cusefan74 @ 04/23/14 01:52 PM
You know what is sad?

We just got a patch for The Show today and the game has only been out three weeks. This game has been out for two months and still no patch.

# 38 BurghFan @ 04/23/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
You know what is sad?

We just got a patch for The Show today and the game has only been out three weeks. This game has been out for two months and still no patch.
That's not really a fair comparison. Though I don't play The Show and I have no idea what that patch did, I'm sure it didn't involve nearly as extensive a list of fixes/additions that the NASCAR patch will. I would imagine that adding a bunch of drivers/paint schemes as well as implementing the new qualifying system and chase format would take some time and testing to work all the bugs out. Though it's nice to have a game release correspond to the beginning of that sports season, NASCAR really isn't conducive to such a schedule with how some of teams and some of the new rules and such aren't finalized until just before Speed Weeks by which time the game would already be finished.

# 39 cusefan74 @ 04/23/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
That's not really a fair comparison. Though I don't play The Show and I have no idea what that patch did, I'm sure it didn't involve nearly as extensive a list of fixes/additions that the NASCAR patch will. I would imagine that adding a bunch of drivers/paint schemes as well as implementing the new qualifying system and chase format would take some time and testing to work all the bugs out. Though it's nice to have a game release correspond to the beginning of that sports season, NASCAR really isn't conducive to such a schedule with how some of teams and some of the new rules and such aren't finalized until just before Speed Weeks by which time the game would already be finished.

You're right in some ways. On the other hand though they knew about the new qualifying before they released the game so they had a chance to work on it even before the game was released. I mean they announced they were gonna make those changes before they released the game.

Even with that stuff though it doesn't bother me that it takes time to put that stuff into the game. I care more that I can't play the game at all because everytime I turn it on it freezes, I can't run a lap at Richmond in practice, can't play online because it's a glitch fest. They could have easily have done a quick patch and fixed some of the issues so people could play the game.

99% of the time I stick up for a game and the company that makes it, but not with this one. They have totally dropped the ball with this game, for 3 years now. Problems we had in the first game still are present in this game. Which is to bad because the game has so much potential.

# 40 TCrouch @ 04/24/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
They have totally dropped the ball with this game, for 3 years now. Problems we had in the first game still are present in this game. Which is to bad because the game has so much potential.
Bingo. This is where I stand.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.