Home
NHL 14 News Post

EA SPORTS and NBC SPORTS have partnered up with each other and have added the NBC Game of the Week in NHL 14, which you will see featured every Thursday to Sunday and the Wednesday Night Rivalry game from Monday to Wednesday.

You can earn up to 500 EA PUCKS which can be used towards your Hockey Ultimate Team, every time you complete an NBC Matchup.

To play NBC Matchup*:
  • Select (NBC MATCHUP) in the FEATURED section on the NHL 14 main menu.
Or
  • In the NHL®14 main menu, select (PLAY)
  • In the PLAY section, select (QUICK MODES)
  • In the QUICK MODES section, select (NBC MATCHUP)
*NOTE: Your console must have an active internet connection to receive the latest NBC Matchup.

Source - EA Sports

NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bwiggy33 @ 03/16/14 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11

gotta say I assume everyone likes their Announcers...... I would KILL to have my boys in there, Mike Haynes and Peter Mcnab (of course who knows them fools though muah)
Well I'm not one that can be put in this category hahaha. The Wild's TV announcers are absolutely awful. Mike Greenlay (the color guy) isn't bad but Anthony Lapanta (main announcer) is horrific. His style is brutal and what makes things worse is I've talked to him in person on a few occasions when he was the Gopher hockey announcer. Whenever the Gophs played in St. Cloud he would come down by the benches before the game to do interviews and other stuff. He acted like some big shot. The worst part about it all is that Lapanta replaced an even worse announcer for the Wild, Dan Terhaar. Man FSN and the Wild need to hire better.

# 22 crankybaker @ 03/23/14 11:52 PM
This whole talk of a new commentary team coming is very misguided. Ea and ESPN have a contract signed through to 2020 which prevents EA from going to a FOX commenter for sure and I would assume NBN or CBC broadcasters wouldn't fair much better as well.

A option to break the contract under some unknown conditions is available in 2015 but again not clue what the conditions are to break the contract and which party if not both can break it. So you may be stuck with Gary for a while longer.
fficeffice" />>>

# 23 Majingir @ 03/24/14 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
That hockey is Canada's game crap really toasts my oats.
That's the power of American media though. If NHL had more Americans in it and USA won gold medal in hockey or something, American media would jump all over NHL so much more. If American teams weren't winning the cup, the media attention would be so much less right now.

Though same can be said about Canada. If Canadian teams were winning the cup(or at least multiple were cup contenders) Canadian media would be all over those teams 24/7.

# 24 bwiggy33 @ 03/24/14 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
That's the power of American media though. If NHL had more Americans in it and USA won gold medal in hockey or something, American media would jump all over NHL so much more. If American teams weren't winning the cup, the media attention would be so much less right now.

Though same can be said about Canada. If Canadian teams were winning the cup(or at least multiple were cup contenders) Canadian media would be all over those teams 24/7.
See I don't think it has much to do with winning. I think it has to do with the lack of following of college hockey, USHL, and NAHL. It's not like Canada where the CHL is on TV and players can be on teams from age 15-20 and possibly go to the NHL right once they're ready no matter what age. Canadians are able to latch on to players because the whole country basically has a Junior league and teams galore. College Bball and football are the same way. Those two sports are on all the time and every state basically has multiple college teams so it doesn't take much effort to follow players. If college hockey A) had more media attention and B) had teams spanning across the nation it would be different. People could find players they like to watch and follow them. Obviously though great college and any junior hockey players from any nation don't always get to the NHL because the sport is so popular world wide. That's what's great about the NHL though. It's amazing though how many more college players are cracking NHL lineups now.

# 25 Pezell04x @ 03/24/14 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Raven00Effect
CBC > TSN > NBC.

Hockey night in Canada presentation package would really be something special. Does anyone outside of Canada really play this game anyways?

Not sure if you're serious.

# 26 centauris @ 03/24/14 05:28 PM
Quote:
CBC > TSN > NBC.

Hockey night in Canada presentation package would really be something special. Does anyone outside of Canada really play this game anyways?
wow. you are a *******.

# 27 Twenty Four @ 03/25/14 12:24 AM
Quote:
CBC > TSN > NBC.

Funny, coming from a guy with an Eagles avatar. I didn't think anyone outside of America knew what football was...

Anyways, I live in Florida and play this game likes it's my job lol. As far as this feature goes... Like others have said , I hope this is the start of something bigger. As in an entire presentation overhaul, because the game really needs it.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.