Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

As the 2014 season kicks off, let's take a look at the best newcomers for each National League team. In this list you'll find the most important addition to every team in the National League whether it be by trade or free agent signing. Now that you know what's in this piece, let's PLAY BALL!

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: The Best New Acquisitions (NL)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HustlinOwl @ 03/28/14 11:59 AM
Like the Reds having a full season of Billy Hamilton the kid is a game changer and a healthy Ludwick is like a new acquisition

# 2 ShowTyme15 @ 03/28/14 12:01 PM
Dan Haren is going to be key for us I believe. If he can bounce back our rotation 1-4 would probably be the best in Baseball. Now we just need Josh Beckett to be Josh Beckett of old.

# 3 Lovesports @ 03/28/14 12:39 PM
Doug Fister might be the best signing.

# 4 ShowTyme15 @ 03/28/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
If he can stay healthy. His Spring has been a complete mess.

# 5 braves_94 @ 03/28/14 12:59 PM
Fister was acquired in a trade...

# 6 GruffyMcGuiness @ 03/28/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
#NatFans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 7 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/28/14 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
#NatFans
As a Braves fan living in the DC Area, I hope the Nats blow again this year!! I got my tickets to watch Nats play the Braves in their home opener, which may be against Fister. Freeman and Upton with back-to-back jacks to start the game will be awesome to see!

# 8 bigdaddykraven @ 03/28/14 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Like the Reds having a full season of Billy Hamilton the kid is a game changer and a healthy Ludwick is like a new acquisition
Yeah but we have to rely on a lot of "best case scenarios" for this season to be good. I'm excited to see what Hamilton can do and I think I remember reading an article saying Votto likes Hamilton a lot and sees better pitches when Hamilton is on base.

# 9 HustlinOwl @ 03/28/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
Yeah but we have to rely on a lot of "best case scenarios" for this season to be good. I'm excited to see what Hamilton can do and I think I remember reading an article saying Votto likes Hamilton a lot and sees better pitches when Hamilton is on base.
lol makes sense a lot of fastballs

# 10 CaseIH @ 03/29/14 04:10 AM
Quote:
Agreed, a healthy Ludwick could make a big difference, and if Billy can get on base at a descent rate he could be very dangerous for other teams to have to deal with.

Plus the biggest move we made this offseason was getting rid of that fool we had as a hitting coach Brook Jacoby, as well as getting rid of Dusty. I couldnt stand Jacoby, and while I wasnt on the hate Dusty bandwagon he did leave me scratching my head at some of his decisions over the years.

I think Bryan Price will be a very good manager, and I loved how he ran spring training. That was another thing about Dusty i didnt like, is how he ran spring training.

# 11 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/29/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Quote:
I would imagine teams still have to sign some sort of paperwork in trades

#semantics

# 12 jaredsmith83 @ 04/02/14 11:16 AM
As as Cardinals fan, I'm still not sure about the Perralta deal. Yeah, it fills a void, but the whole PED thing makes me wonder "at what cost" ya know? I think Trumbo going to the D-Backs may be a big one when its all said and done.

# 13 franch1se @ 04/02/14 01:12 PM
I'd argue that Benoit is just a big of signing as the Johnson one for SD

# 14 Marino @ 04/02/14 01:44 PM
Quote:
Yup, same with the Dodgers if they get a healthy Matt Kemp and a full year of Hanley.

# 15 Marino @ 04/02/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Dan Haren is going to be key for us I believe. If he can bounce back our rotation 1-4 would probably be the best in Baseball. Now we just need Josh Beckett to be Josh Beckett of old.
If not Beckett, then hopefully Bills.

# 16 RecordBreakerCF @ 04/02/14 04:12 PM
Quote:
It still counts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.