Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

You could say that MLB: The Show’s success can be tied to the popular Road to the Show mode – just look at all of the My Players and Be a Pro options in the sports gaming world that have popped up since Road to the Show first became a thing. Road to the Show helped launch The Show into its current state of baseball dominance, and in this year's MLB 14: The Show, the improvements make the type of impact you want to see in any sports game.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Better Than Ever

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmik58 @ 05/28/14 01:47 PM
Definitely agree that RTTS is at its best this year.

Rory McMahon - 3B - Atlanta Braves

# 2 BSUFAN @ 05/28/14 02:16 PM
For sure the best RTTS yet ( Top ) 2015 and Bottom ( 2016 )

# 3 DGuinta1 @ 05/28/14 02:23 PM
Running is still OK with RTTS and I have trouble with my guy in the outfield. Sometimes I am spun around missing the ball. lol

# 4 speedkills @ 05/28/14 02:31 PM
Agreed. RTTS is literally the only mode I've ever played in the MLB The Show series. But that mode alone is worth the price of admission.

Currently, I'm playing as a switch-hitting shortstop A-rated phenom in the Astros organization. Corpus Christi Hooks ftw.

# 5 Mitchrapp @ 05/28/14 03:21 PM
It's nice playing when you know you don't have to put in 80 points in contact vs left or 40 points in drag bunting..that alone is worth the price of admission for me. And if I decide I don't care about drag bunting or plate discipline I can allow them to lose points over time.

I love this game..

# 6 jrode @ 05/28/14 07:17 PM
The only thing I'd like to see added to this mode is some sort of roleplaying aspect like NBA 2K14 implemented. That had its problems, but overall it was definitely a fresh, welcome addition. It'd be cool to be put into different clubhouse situations and have to make decisions that could impact chemistry, etc.

# 7 njdevils14 @ 05/28/14 07:36 PM
How is it playing catcher in the game? Do you still have to call every pitch? Or can you just do fielding plays like bunts, pop ups etc?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 8 KMRblue1027 @ 05/28/14 07:49 PM
Until the fix the pitching in the showcase playing as a starter is pointless.

# 9 tmoney51691 @ 05/28/14 08:20 PM
This is the first time since 2006 that I've played RTTS because I was on the Xbox 360 last generation. It was the first game I got for my PS4, and boy am I addicted! I can sit there for hours at a time playing. I keep telling myself this will be the night I dabble in franchise mode some more, but I always end up playing RTTS.

# 10 Mitchrapp @ 05/28/14 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils14
How is it playing catcher in the game? Do you still have to call every pitch? Or can you just do fielding plays like bunts, pop ups etc?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Not every batter .. depends on the situation, maybe 8-10 a game. That's just a guess but definitely better than before. Plus you get the bunt/pop ups.

# 11 rynecandy @ 05/29/14 12:40 AM
Your age at the draft can knock you down? I haven't seen a YT video, where a RTTS didn't get drafted higher the 2nd time around. Usually they perform better (because of higher ratings), so I can't tell if age would be a hinder in the game. Has anyone experienced going back to school and performing better in the Showcase but drafted lower?

# 12 cusefan74 @ 05/29/14 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
Your age at the draft can knock you down? I haven't seen a YT video, where a RTTS didn't get drafted higher the 2nd time around. Usually they perform better (because of higher ratings), so I can't tell if age would be a hinder in the game. Has anyone experienced going back to school and performing better in the Showcase but drafted lower?
I have been drafted lower after going back, but it was when I first got the game and was messing around with it. My RTTS that I am doing now I didn't go back to school and was drafted 12th in the first round.

# 13 Gymbo3959 @ 05/29/14 10:47 AM
I wish I split the Gamestop 30, 000 points between 2 or so players. I used it all on a created Yankees 3rd Baseman. After 6 week in Trenton (AA) I wa called up to NY. Just hit a walk-off homer last night and started hooting and hollering. lotta fun!!!

# 14 bfindeisen @ 05/29/14 10:58 AM
I haven't started an RTTS player this year, which is strange for me. I'm really hoping they've fixed the legacy problems with the CPU strategy in RTTS. Specifically, the amount and timing of the bunts for the CPU. In the past (at least 3) iterations, the CPU would have ridiculously bad bunting logic (bunting with 2 strikes, bunting with RISP with 2 outs, bunting with big time power hitters) and this really killed the mode for me. There is nothing worse than being in big game and a clutch moment and the CPU just gives away outs by randomly bunting in horrible situations with their best players.

# 15 bfindeisen @ 05/29/14 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
I was really disappointed in RTTS, sure the goals and draft process are way better, but it is the same dull, shallow grind with zero personality, franchsie also suffers from this. I dont feel a part of a league, I have no control over anything, money is useless..Why if I want a trade, and I am a superstar do tey never listen? Why cannot I sign endorsements deals? why dont I get tweets from fans/family based on my play? Newspaper articles.? This games needs a fresh coat of paint. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the show, gameplay is great, but does anyone else feel everything else feels so stale?
Clearly, you're comparing to the MyPlayer Mode in 2K. I could do without a lot of that stuff; yeah, it'd be nice, but I know how little time the dev's have between games and the last thing I want is resources spent on coming up with fake Twitter messages. If the core of the game and mode were completely solid, then sure go for it; but I'd much rather have flawless gameplay. I remember back in the day playing much less technologically advanced baseball games where I used to imagine all the ancillary stuff (e.g., storylines, rivalries, off-the-field stuff, etc.). LOL at how far our expectations have come!

# 16 jaredsmith83 @ 05/29/14 02:28 PM
I was drafted by the Padres in the 1st round my second go around. First time it was by the Angels. I'm a lefty 1st baseman. I was fast tracked to AAA after about 25 games or so, just destroying the ball. Took a bit longer, but I'm in the show now towards the end of my 1st year. I imagine I'll get an invite but go back to AAA to start, but who knows. I have to say this has been up there with 09 for my favorite of the series thus far. I was disappointed in the 13 version, no commentary in RTTS was VERY disappointing. But, being able to carry over saves from year to year makes me even more excited to keep on playing both RTTS and Franchise.

# 17 DeerSteak @ 05/29/14 04:38 PM
RTTS is what keeps me coming back to the show. Progression seems to be much improved. I wish the load times were better...at least on the PS4, it's a full minute or more every time I jump into a game. Sometimes if I'm just a pinch-hitter, it takes longer to load than it does to play. That's got to get fixed for me to go to the 2015 edition.

# 18 rynecandy @ 05/29/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I have been drafted lower after going back, but it was when I first got the game and was messing around with it. My RTTS that I am doing now I didn't go back to school and was drafted 12th in the first round.
And you performed better the 2nd time in the Showcase? If so, that is a nice touch to being drafted. Something else the player must consider. I only see this affecting someone, who thinks they ware going to carry the RTTS in future editions.

# 19 weylum @ 05/29/14 09:16 PM
I used to think that NBA 2k held the crown for career modes.....

Until I played RTTS this year.

I'm having so much fun with my CF it's unbelievable. The atmosphere, commentary, progression, attention to detail...it all makes for an extremely immersive game mode. And the fact that i'll be able to actually FINISH a career thanks to carryover saves makes it that much more awesome.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.