Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

AiiRxJONES has posted a Madden NFL 15 video containing some more gameplay footage, as well as more information about the new play call system.

If you are fan of this video, make sure you subscribe to his channel here.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 darknmild @ 06/17/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys are making a lot of assumptions based on very little footage as far as how good this game could be. We're seeing video of the same two teams in alpha and still have no info about CFM yet. They will be cleaning up the halftime show and for CFM it will show the standings and Playoff chase as well as other new banners. During the game there will also be player spotlight montages and probably quite a few other little things we haven't been able to notice at full speed. Once we get to see the game broke down in replays through the pause menu and stuff like that, we will see the good and the bad in greater detail. People need to understand this is not the same old madden and FAR from a roster update. They haven't quite gotten there yet but once they redo the animations now that they are putting all the fundamentals of football in place, then they will just keep building off of each game. If you're waiting for the game to regress and them to add then remove things, it won't happen. It hasn't happened in any of the last 3 years and that is not a coincidence, that's by design.

I will guarantee everyone on these forums that Madden 16 and 17 will be better not worse than 15 as long as Cam and Rex develop it. The game has improved every year since Cam was hired and the difference between 06-12 and 13-15 is pretty great. The jump from 25 to 15 is probably the biggest in 10 years in terms of how much was worked on to be improved. It all comes down to how this stuff is executed in the end but if you can't see the difference between 06-12 and what's happening now, you never will.
I admire your positive outlook. It is indeed a breath of fresh air in a forum of so much hate and negativity. I also agree that since this new team has taken over this game has gotten better every year.

# 62 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
I think its insane that people are still hyping this game and criticising those who arent before it is even out. After dissapointment year after year we have every right to be critical and pessimistic. How about the company you love release something worth changing the consensus for once?
The problem is that we only have previous maddens to compare to, either that or NFL 2K5 (which really is a thorn in madden if we CAN STILL compare it to a game 9 years and two consoles ago).
And no, we are not after a perfect game just one that meets realistic expectations of where we are at in time which is the year 2014 - if you've played football games for as long as i have (since 95 on pc) you get an understanding of where football games should be by now as the technology evolves. Madden however falls short of where it SHOULD be.
I think Madden deserves all the scrutiny in the world, when you monopolize the market and release an inadequate product each year (coincidentally straight after monopolization) then they deserve every piece of flak they get on this site in my opinion.

Speaking of M25, there are still ridiculous issues with that game that have remained in it since previous titles. Why is it, whenever i have the ability to challenge a play and i choose not to, moments before the next play starts my team challenges it automatically? I have lost games cause i have had no timeouts because the game automatically challenges for me and EVERY SINGLE TIME the call has been upheld. This happened in madden 13!!!!! How does this get past QA??
So is me expecting the game not to screw me out of my timeouts is wanting a "perfect" game?
I could write a list of these types of things, how about the wind being reversed for not the first time in a madden game? Or how for three games in a row the CPU called timeouts at 1:01 in the second and fourth quarter.
Do you think 2K would overlook such small yet mind numbing details like this? I think we all know the answer. NBA 2K isn't a perfect game either, but it is leaps and bounds ahead of where madden is in terms of a sport title. Im not even an avid fan of the NBA but i find myself playing NBA 2K cause i find it an amazing and entertaining game, even last night i heard some commentary i've never heard before but when i put on M25 i hear Chris Simms say " dont try and be a heeero, cause when you try and be a heeero..." atleast twice a game. There is no personality in the commentary but the nba commentary actually makes me laugh at times. NBA 2K makes me enjoy NBA games because of how well it is executed. Madden causes me frustration cause im obsessed with football and can only get my fix through it and yet i know we should have a far better product by now, which is why i still go back to All pro football 2K8 which to this day, i still think is the best football game out.

These games just seem incomplete, rushed and poorly executed. Why has it taken 10 years to focus on defense again? Defense is my favourite aspect of football and i've had to wait 10 years for them to give it attention? And all we get is new pass rush moves? (not even gonna acknowledge the tackle cone) cmon, that could of been implemented years ago without all the "defensive focus" hype. The fact that pass rush moves have been assigned to the analog this long was a joke anyway, the amount of times i've hit stick tackled cause i've broken a block without knowing it right away or pre-empted a block but flicked it too early is frustrating cause the stick is so unresponsive compared to buttons. Play All pro football 2k8 and you will find the best line play hands down, the moves being assinged to the triggers was great and we're talking about a game made in 07.
How about some new tackle animations? i see the same ones make it in the next game year after year.
before NBA 2K14 was released the devs reached out and asked the community what dunks they want to see in the game cause they were having their motion capture people working on it - how awesome is that?
Why can't we have an input in these tackles and break tackle animations? Why isn't there gang tackle animations still?
Don't care if i get banned from this site cause of these posts, im just sick of people telling me what i should expect when i've been playing football games for 20 years and i remember games like NFL quarterback club 2001 played great for its time straight out of the box, no need for elaborate sliders to make it decent. These games are still fresh in my memory and i miss having different titles to choose from.
I played all those games too, I've played every football game since ten yard fight, madden is my favorite sorry to offend you

# 63 kehlis @ 06/17/14 10:19 PM
Quote:
Maybe so but I highly doubt that will happen with this team, the improvement speaks for itself and Madden was one of the best sports games made before a lot of you can remember. Going back to 92, the good years FAR outweigh the bad so this isn't a EA issue, it's a dev team and lack of direction from 06-12 issue.
I know you know this but since you seemed to ignore it and claim it as "not an EA issue" it needs to pointed out that Peter Moore didn't take over until 2007 (see any correlation?).

And before you go back to "before you guys can remember" know that I have been playing madden since the PC days and yes I agree it was a great game then.

That in no way shape or form has any relevance to whatever point you are trying to make with this post.

# 64 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I know you know this but since you seemed to ignore it and claim it as "not an EA issue" it needs to pointed out that Peter Moore didn't take over until 2007 (see any correlation?).

And before you go back to "before you guys can remember" know that I have been playing madden since the PC days and yes I agree it was a great game then.

That in no way shape or form has any relevance to whatever point you are trying to make with this post.
The game has improved drastically under Andrew Wilson, so I guess maybe that's part of it too.

# 65 kehlis @ 06/17/14 10:32 PM
Quote:
The game has improved drastically under Andrew Wilson, so I guess maybe that's part of it too.
"Drastically" is VERY subjective.

I'm glad you consider it to be so but I certainly don't but you are missing my overall point.

I think Ian was a fantastic producer/developer but he was so handcuffed that he couldn't do what he wanted which is why he left. To each their own I guess.

# 66 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/14 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
"Drastically" is VERY subjective.

I'm glad you consider it to be so but I certainly don't but you are missing my overall point.

I think Ian was a fantastic producer/developer but he was so handcuffed that he couldn't do what he wanted which is why he left. To each their own I guess.
That's what I meant by lack of direction, Ian didn't have a Cam or Rex supporting his vision, without vision people perish.

# 67 kehlis @ 06/17/14 10:54 PM
Quote:
That's what I meant by lack of direction, Ian didn't have a Cam or Rex supporting his vision, without vision people perish.
So in one post you are saying it was never an EA problem and now you are agreeing that it was?

By saying it's a lack of direction you are saying it's an EA problem......

# 68 oneamongthefence @ 06/17/14 11:04 PM
It obviously goes back to the last gen transition. madden 06 was terrible all the way through Madden 09. Madden 10 is where things finally started looking up and it made tangible strides and year to year it has improved. Madden 25 has lasted the longest for me since 05. My only only issue with that is that it took 9 years to finally get to that point. I know it has flaws but finding the right community/sliders/mindset does wonders for this game.

Many of us have also the developmental ups and downs from year to year and developer to developer. And we know what their vision is and I think many of us know that their genuine interest their vision. This is an ea sports game but they also have their boss which is EA. I've always had the mindset to not really blame the developers but look further up the ladder to find where maybe the lack of support for different features or even the direction the game itself goes. Its no coincidence that we've heard about disgruntled employees who due to creative differences.

# 69 dougdeuce @ 06/18/14 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
The need a package of about 10 kicker specific celebrations.

1) extra point - minimal celebration
2) mid game FG - minimal celebration
3) late game FG to tie or take lead - mild celebration
4) winning FG regular season - heavy celebration

For the rest increase them as the playoffs and Super Bowl come around.
Agreed. It takes me out of the game so quickly when i have a 12 play dive stall out at the 6 resulting in settling for a fg and the holder jumps up and down like we've won the game.
IRL players don't celebrate like that.

As long as I'm on the topic, celebrations in general need to be much more situational.
I really hate when the DB breaks on a pass and drops a sure pick-6 and starts celebrating the breakup of the pass. He should have his head in his hands in frustration.

There should also be individual restrictions to what celebrations each player can perform. Yes, there are a small handful of players that MIGHT find themselves using LeBron's celebration, but the other 99% wouldn't. That makes these celebrations just look ridiculous.

# 70 Aggies7 @ 06/18/14 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce

As long as I'm on the topic, celebrations in general need to be much more situational.

I really hate when the DB breaks on a pass and drops a sure pick-6 and starts celebrating the breakup of the pass. He should have his head in his hands in frustration.

I agree 100%. They should be showing frustration not excitement. Now if the break up a pass, I am fine with excitement but when it should have been an INT, they shouldn't be celebrating.

They need to figure out how to add celebrations based on game importance (rivalry, regular season, playoff, Super Bowl)

# 71 dghustla @ 06/18/14 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I agree 100%. They should be showing frustration not excitement. Now if the break up a pass, I am fine with excitement but when it should have been an INT, they shouldn't be celebrating.

They need to figure out how to add celebrations based on game importance (rivalry, regular season, playoff, Super Bowl)
player sense 3.0 "3x more calculations of what to celebrate."

All jokes aside I always feel like celebrations should be one of the easiest things to implement and constantly add on to over the years. players are always finding new celebrations where it dancers or unique things they do. These things should be added every cycle.

# 72 dougdeuce @ 06/18/14 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
player sense 3.0 "3x more calculations of what to celebrate."

All jokes aside I always feel like celebrations should be one of the easiest things to implement and constantly add on to over the years. players are always finding new celebrations where it dancers or unique things they do. These things should be added every cycle.
agreed, but they should be player specific. Who in the NFL has ever done the "air guitar solo smash"? That to me is arcade, and when a guy like Calvin Johnson does it it ruins the immersion.

# 73 dghustla @ 06/18/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
agreed, but they should be player specific. Who in the NFL has ever done the "air guitar solo smash"? That to me is arcade, and when a guy like Calvin Johnson does it it ruins the immersion.
I'm all for a player trait if they want to determine how out there a player will go when he celebrates say 1-3 (3 being "craziest"). In regard to what celebrations are in the game I dont care what they add as long as the animations look good doing it. Not some stiff Lebron rip off. (The one in game doesn't look bad just weird seeing it done by heath miller)

# 74 dghustla @ 06/18/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
All of this plays into contextual awareness. Not just for celebrations, but for everything. This is what gives players their personality and makes you believe they are alive. IN fairness, APF had this same issue with celebrations. It was ridiculously stupid to see Barry Sanders do the throat slash after a TD. Anyone who is an NFL fan knew that Barry never celebrated. He would hand the ball to the official.

Exactly no game has every really "nailed' celebrations. I'm just prefer volume and then tweeks along the way of who does what.

# 75 wordtobigbird @ 06/18/14 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I will just say this...

M15 wi be just like M25.., will still have the same issues we have had for a decade. We will also have new issues.

There will be no practice squad, there will be no formation subs( because online exploit possibilities) we will have no penalties( surprise)... There will not be realistic injuries... Fatigue and auto subs won't work. We won't be able to edit rookies... There will be goofy uniform glitches... There will be no sense of any type of 2RB system. Trade logic and team management will be brain dead...there won't be assistant coaches...

Though it looks different... The playbooks will still be the same On both sides of the ball...ST PLay and overall AI will still be WELL below what it should be.

There will be ZERO crowd emotion/reaction... There won't be any challenge from the CPU AI based on actual football IQ...there won't be any real DIFFERANCE in QB play regardless of what they say... This would hurt online casuals/tourney players.... So that's just BS marketing.

There won't be any type of player moral or chemistry... Schemes won't work correctly... And you can bank on some type of bug that hinders offline/online franchises in some way...

These are the only things that we can guarantee about madden regardless of what year it is.

Awesome ain't it... And everyone knows I'm 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 76 datruth251 @ 06/18/14 09:39 PM
Players still look robotic

# 77 datruth251 @ 06/18/14 09:42 PM
This sucks because I haven't played Madden since 09 and I need a football fix. When is EA gonna change player models

# 78 hanzsomehanz @ 06/19/14 04:29 AM
One thing I would like to see further developed is the option route system.

Pro Systems, like the West Coast, are founded on option routes that multiple personnel can run.

Option Routes do exist but to a minimal extent and limited to one player per play. It would be refreshing to have an audible hot route command for option routes.

*Awareness factors* could lend more risk / reward to assigning hot routes - you certainly do not want to give any rookie the liberation to go in three possible routes as he generally will not read the D as well as a veteran starter like, Jason Witten or Calvin Johnson.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 79 Dolphins88 @ 06/19/14 08:27 AM
Another year without a football game.. This really sux. I guess the show, nba2k and hopefully nhl will have to satisfy my sports gaming.

# 80 apollon42 @ 06/19/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
They need more player specific celebrations as well as a celebration type. It makes no sense when Wes Welker scores and starts doing the Cat daddy or when Larry Fitzgerald does that air solo guitar smash. It would be fine for someone like Desean Jackson or Steve Smith to do it, but Aaron Rodgers shouldn't be doing the dougie.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.