Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

By pre-ordering WWE 2K15, gamers will receive two generations of Sting. Check out the announcement trailer here. Sting has long been a valued get for Vince McMahon, as he is currently one of the few top wrestlers ever to never wrestle a match for a McMahon. There have been rumors that will end soon, but regardless his inclusion in WWE 2K15 with two generations of his likeness will mean we can live some real fantasy matchups in the game at the very least.

UPDATE: Just added images of the two generations you will see of Sting. The baseball bat-wielding icon of the nWo-era with trademark black and white face paint, as well as the flashy, brightly colored Sting with his signature flattop hairstyle.

WWE 2K15 is scheduled to release on October 28th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Read the full press release below.

It’s Showtime – Sting to Debut in WWE® 2K15

Iconic competitor makes first appearance as two playable characters
through exclusive pre-order offer

2K today announced the long-awaited debut of Sting in WWE® 2K15, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Sting will be available for those who pre-order the game at any participating retailer for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems. WWE 2K15 is currently scheduled for release on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally.

One of the most popular and revered competitors in WCW® history, Sting will be featured in WWE 2K15 through two unique playable characters: the mysterious, ghost-like persona with trademark black and white face paint who was the face of WCW during the “Monday Night War” era, as well as his earlier look, sporting bright colors and a blond, flattop hairstyle. In celebration, a unique promotional trailer highlighting Sting’s WWE 2K15 inclusion.

“The only thing for sure about Sting is nothing’s for sure, except my debut in WWE 2K15,” said Sting. “I’m honored to have my legacy immortalized in a video game. It’s showtime!”

Making his WCW debut in 1991, Sting generated worldwide recognition for his unique presence and in-ring prowess. Across more than a decade, he amassed eight WCW championships and competed against many notable rivals, including “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, the New World Order (nWo), Vader, Rick Rude, The Four Horsemen and Ric Flair.

“We’re eager to introduce fans to Sting in a compelling new way, while debuting the next-generation of gaming in the WWE 2K franchise,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “Pre-ordering WWE 2K15 is the ultimate way to embrace the history and individuality of Sting’s impressive career.”

Developed collaboratively by Yukes and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K15 is not yet rated by the ESRB. WWE 2K15 is currently scheduled for release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4™ and PS3™ on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally.

WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Steve_OS @ 07/15/14 08:44 AM
Updated OP w/ artwork of the two Sting's that will be available.

# 22 DKHardee @ 07/15/14 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
GameStop I know prints out on the receipt. How does amazon work? Email? Anyone ever have issue with that?
I pre-ordered Madden on Amazon last year. I got my pre-order code via email about 2 weeks before Madden was even released.

# 23 49UNCFan @ 07/15/14 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I'm definitely pre-ordering. I do want some details on the differences between PS3 and PS4 version. I don't know which one to pre-order for.
Really man?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 24 victorkingchamp @ 07/15/14 01:41 PM
I was a fan of Surfer Sting as a kid. I didn't really follow WCW during the Crow Sting days so, I only really know him from the AKI WCW games. I was watching the original ECW(I'm a Philly native) and WWF at the time Sting was the most popular, so I feel like I'm one of the few people that doesn't get that excited about Sting. I'll still preorder though, because I'm getting the game for PS4 anyway.

# 25 WTF @ 07/15/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
"It's Showtime" preordering this weekend. Man it would be awesome if we can get a "War Games" match. I'd want to replay Flair, Luger, Anderson, Sting vs. Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Fake Sting.
If war games is in, I'll freak out.

I truly hope Starrcade 97 is an alternate attire too. As much as I love the 2 Sting's shown, I hope those aren't the only 2.

# 26 ps3veron @ 07/15/14 02:52 PM
About time! Grew up watching Surfer Sting!

# 27 lynkraid @ 07/15/14 03:03 PM
NO gameplay shown I could care less. This trailer does nothing for me. Sting in a video with a nice intro for it? BIG DEAL. Rather seen Sting with some in game footage.

# 28 KennyJ1976 @ 07/15/14 04:07 PM
Why would they release gameplay in mid July for a game that's coming out at the end of October? Anyway, I'm really debating about getting this game now. Haven't bought a wrestling game since the PS1 days.

# 29 jasontoddwhitt @ 07/15/14 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
NO gameplay shown I could care less. This trailer does nothing for me. Sting in a video with a nice intro for it? BIG DEAL. Rather seen Sting with some in game footage.
So care less

Grew up watching surfer Sting....Crow Sting caused me throw my allegiance away from the nWo...didn't watch much of his work in TNA.

And just because somebody talked about his theme song....

# 30 Ermolli @ 07/15/14 08:26 PM
Watching one of these Raw Fallout videos with wrestlers talking about Sting being in the game, Xavier Woods basically said he'll be in the game.

# 31 CaliDude916 @ 07/16/14 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Why would they release gameplay in mid July for a game that's coming out at the end of October? Anyway, I'm really debating about getting this game now. Haven't bought a wrestling game since the PS1 days.
Yup, the game is 3 months away. We'll start getting info about a month and a half before it releases.

# 32 bigbob @ 07/16/14 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Yup, the game is 3 months away. We'll start getting info about a month and a half before it releases.
On top of that, this is 2K.

I don't think they released a single gameplay video of 2K14.

# 33 Aggies7 @ 07/16/14 08:09 AM
Looks like Gamestop updated their website with preorder bonus. Still nothing on amazon from what I can tell

# 34 Basketball GURU @ 07/16/14 09:01 AM
Doesn't the first couple of copies come with a code anyways? I didn't pre-order last year and I was still able to get a Warrior code inside the box.

# 35 bigbob @ 07/16/14 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball GURU
Doesn't the first couple of copies come with a code anyways? I didn't pre-order last year and I was still able to get a Warrior code inside the box.
It depends where you get it from.

Best Buy always has a ton with codes in them. GameStop has always been picky for me when it came to codes.

# 36 EricFreakingBerry @ 07/16/14 10:16 AM
Congrats to Sting, I think his inclusion is a really cool thing. However, as it pertains to the game itself, I don't care too much as I rarely ever use any wrestler the game ships with. If they don't clean up Universe mode to prevent all the freezing when you use CAWs, then I likely won't be purchasing. My WWE2K14 game is collecting dust because I can't edit a dumb match that I don't want because it freezes every *single* time. And it's happened with 2 different copies of the game, 2 different hard drives, or whether the game is installed on the hard drive or not. So I'll be waiting to hear how that goes for guys who use CAWs before I will be making a purchase.

# 37 doubledeuceR6 @ 07/16/14 10:20 AM
This is going to be my first wrestling game since the WCW days. Late 80's Sting is the reason I started watching wrestling!

# 38 Majingir @ 07/18/14 11:17 PM
I hope some stores do have the bonus in the game even without pre-order.

I've gotten games in the past where I never pre-ordered but I got the codes. GTA for example I got it at EB Games and it had the pre-order code in it. A past WWE game I got at an independent game store and they had the pre-order code in it. So really hope Sting code is in it too.

# 39 HadlerT @ 07/19/14 11:54 AM
I was also able to get Warrior and I didn't pre-order. I did this year anyway, though

# 40 Aggies7 @ 07/21/14 03:56 PM
Wish Amazon would update pre order bonus so I can order. Don't want to order before bonus announced and risk not getting Sting. Waited to long for Sting in a game to not get it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.