Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports is hosting a livestream of Madden NFL 15 with Creative Director Rex Dickson, as he goes over gameplay features.

If it gets archived or captured, we'll update this post for those of you that miss it. If the embedded stream doesn't work, click here.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the livestream, if you missed it.

UPDATE #2: Just updated the embedded video of the livestream, courtesy of SimFBallCritic. Thanks JP.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 iLLWiLL @ 07/18/14 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
>> I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

We REALLY appreciate it and this means a lot to us. The game needs to sell well for EA to continue to embrace our vision, so comments like these are a lot more valuable to us than you may realize.
I know you caught alot of flack for the "Come at me, bro" comment at 2K. I only caught the tail end of the livestream, but I noticed how much humility Rex showed with the game. He openly acknowledged that this may not be the "90+" rated game that some people are wanting, and talked about areas that need to be more robust (e.g., WR/DB interaction) and will have to wait until next year. And I appreciate that honesty...

I'm part of the group Rex mentioned that have skipped Madden for a few years and that he thinks this would be the year to give it a try again -- it's pretty much a 'Buy' for me...

# 122 SoxFan01605 @ 07/18/14 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Seriously though, there was a lot of good stuff shown in that stream and considering what Ian said about the down sales of M10 influencing the direction of M11, I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.
You make a good point.

The skeptic in me still wants to see what's going on with franchise aspects in connected careers before I feel so bold...lol...but I do agree that good behavior should be rewarded and encouraged for the future.

Maybe I'll buy a gift copy for my nephew toward that end, because I certainly support the vision and apparent direction.

EDIT:

Quote:
>> I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

We REALLY appreciate it and this means a lot to us. The game needs to sell well for EA to continue to embrace our vision, so comments like these are a lot more valuable to us than you may realize.
If you guys executed anything close to what you've described as your vision/direction, then I echo what kehlis said: you'll have no trouble here!

# 123 RogueHominid @ 07/18/14 07:40 PM
Quote:

Y'all got my respect, seriously, for this video. I came to the Madden forums after being very happy for a few months in The Show section just to see what was going on. After not liking last year's game and being all but certain I wouldn't purchase another Madden, this effort convinced me that you guys are doing things right and deserve to be rewarded.

Big ups, and keep up the good work!

# 124 charter04 @ 07/18/14 07:45 PM
Just from watching the first ten minutes I can tell Rex wasn't lying when he said they read these forums. LOL This is really great sign. I hope those guys realize that other than a few trolls I would say most guys on here really want to help give feed back to improve the game. The more we see that they are listening the better the feedback will be IMO.

Will they ever make the game we all want. I don't know. It seems like they want a sim game though. Rex and Clint seem like the real deal.

# 125 Grey_Osprey @ 07/18/14 07:46 PM
For the love of football, this has to be the most impressive and informative Madden info release I've seen in a long time! This stream has gone a long way to change my hopes and perception of Madden and this Dev Team.

Now for CFM. It all boils down to CFM.

# 126 carnalnirvana @ 07/18/14 07:48 PM
what i saw today would make buy this game if i were a head to head/ online player....

if they can do what they did today against the AI or show the cpu doing some of those things shown today, the game will have changed...

# 127 droopizzle34 @ 07/18/14 07:55 PM
I saw things I like, I definitely saw improvements. I saw some things rear their ugly heads from years past, which is bothersome. But all in all, I like the direction the game is going, and I hope the dev team is allowed to keep improving. Good stream.

# 128 TTD71 @ 07/18/14 08:10 PM
Quote:

You have my sale....possibly a double dip for PS3 and PS4...best wishes on the sales...I hope you guys catch a break and the suits don't force another "new direction" after this game wraps...

# 129 charter04 @ 07/18/14 08:20 PM
I also feel better about the guy on the right that helps test the game play. I feared he was more of an online cheese kind of player but, he seems like he wants the game to be realistic too. I think sometimes we get this perception that competitive tourney players don't want a more sim direction. seems like some actually do.

# 130 HealyMonster @ 07/18/14 08:21 PM
Any way we can watch this video on am iPad?

# 131 Scott @ 07/18/14 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Any way we can watch this video on am iPad?

Twitch app?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 132 HealyMonster @ 07/18/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Twitch app?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I tried, I can't find it in the app for the life of me

# 133 inkcil @ 07/18/14 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
what i saw today would make buy this game is i were a head to head/ online player....

if they can do what they did today against the AI or show the cpu doing some of those things shown today, the game will have changed...
That's a big one for me. I'm an offline/franchise player and I want to see improvements in CPU AI.

# 134 Mr_Riddick @ 07/18/14 09:17 PM
I missed it! Anybody knowvif there will be c a replay?

# 135 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/18/14 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Riddick
http://www.twitch.tv/easports/b/548832711

# 136 BEARYChi @ 07/18/14 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Riddick
http://www.twitch.tv/easports/b/548832711

# 137 charter04 @ 07/18/14 09:40 PM
very happy to here that they did the difficulty like NCAA. If I heard the comment right by the guy on the Right. Sounds like you just pick All Madden, All-Pro, so on and the sliders can be what ever without going to custom. This is very good news as far as slider adjustments go.

# 138 DNMHIII @ 07/18/14 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
very happy to here that they did the difficulty like NCAA. If I heard the comment right by the guy on the Right. Sounds like you just pick All Madden, All-Pro, so on and the sliders can be what ever without going to custom. This is very good news as far as slider adjustments go.
If the sliders actually work it will be good news. I'm hoping they do, but I'm not gonna get too excited until we can see it.

# 139 jbd345 @ 07/18/14 09:46 PM
Anyway to watch the archived video on iPad other than the twitch app?

# 140 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/18/14 09:50 PM
There was an extremely brief comment on sliders, which in a way sucks, cause I believe there are a great number of us sim players that are very interested in how the sliders work and interact as they are right now, and are thus even more interested in what is in store in M15....

If the sliders are not fixed and operate properly, it really doesn't matter if they separate them so you have slider sets under each difficulty rating as in NCAA football, IMO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.