Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

During the 2K Sports NBA 2K15 livestream, the team announced Crew Mode is returning for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 only.

Here is a list of details from LD2K via the livestream:
  • Crew mode will feature 5 vs. 5 matches.
  • Full NBA rules on a hardwood floor, which will include the home team’s logo.
  • Custom jerseys will make a return.
  • You will be able to start 5 vs. 5 hardwood matches with 3, 4 or 5 players.
  • 3 vs. 3 halfcourt blacktop matches are available or you can select NBA Rules for 5 vs. 5.
  • If you have 3, your game will auto fill the missing positions with players from the team you chose.
  • You will be able to select which each player’s position is. For exammple: If you are a SG, you can select it and the AI will fill in the missing positions you don’t take.
  • The fill players are NBA players from the team you selected when creating the Crew.
  • When creating your Crew, you can select an NBA team, as well as team playbook.
  • Leaderboards are in.
Look for more news on features for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this week, including the NBA 2K15 trailer, which will be revealed by Kevin Durant.

UPDATE: If you missed the livestream, click here.

NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 313entlogic @ 08/16/14 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Incredibly happy to finally bring this mode back for our fans. This will be very fun and even KSpade's feedback on it has affected some things (like going from 6 to 10 people in a Crew) among other things. I've been saying this will be the year of the fans and we started with this announcement

PS: who's Crew am I going to? Hmmmm...
You Ronnie and a third should start one. I'm happy you all brung it back regardless of which gen it's on I'm still gonna dominate. Hopefully the next gen myplayer online with the crew features is amazing. Can you confirm or hint that us crew fans of next gen should be very excited for that aspect come October?

# 242 raiderphantom @ 08/16/14 07:32 AM
Why 3 person minimum? Some of the best games my crew ever had was just me and one other dude. Killing me with that..

# 243 313entlogic @ 08/16/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Why 3 person minimum? Some of the best games my crew ever had was just me and one other dude. Killing me with that..
Just start with 3 and have one drop out.

# 244 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 08/17/14 06:09 AM
Ronnie is terrible at 2k

# 245 barond57 @ 08/18/14 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
I'd rather not face 99 overall players in any form. FIFA and NHL show a way it can be done better than NBA 2K has so far.

Anyway, wasn't there supposed to come the crew info on next gen? Where's that?
I agree, There needs to be stricter caps for CAP. I never max out my guy. This year I made a defensive big man, who is a great anchor, but isn't very good offensively. I'm sick of playing 6'11 sf who can do everything.

# 246 313entlogic @ 08/18/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
I agree, There needs to be stricter caps for CAP. I never max out my guy. This year I made a defensive big man, who is a great anchor, but isn't very good offensively. I'm sick of playing 6'11 sf who can do everything.
It's like they make you play a certain style. I'm more of a defensive guy myself, but the offense always gets OP in the 2k series. Contested shots go down all the time sliding on defense etc. It's really annoying.

# 247 thedream2k13 @ 08/18/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313entlogic
It's like they make you play a certain style. I'm more of a defensive guy myself, but the offense always gets OP in the 2k series. Contested shots go down all the time sliding on defense etc. It's really annoying.
New shot mechanics this year

# 248 313entlogic @ 08/18/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
New shot mechanics this year
I heard, still users will find a way to exploit it I'm betting. The game needs to be focused on all facets of basketball instead of just offense.

# 249 LD2k @ 08/19/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Games are meant to be dominated and exploited. Especially online against other humans. That's when you find the flaws In the game and hopefully during the -season
The devs can work on fixing the exploits. What? Y'all didn't know ?We as the consumers and players of this franchise have unwillingly been given the responsibility of being game testers every year. So with that being said, its also our obligation towards the rest of the sim basketball videogame community to make sure we give back the best possible feedback based off our concerns and interactions with 2k. A lot of the time you don't know what's wring with a game until you play against another opponent who exploits you. When you lab with whatever exploits that were used on you against other opponents and the success rate is high or OP, then it is at that time our duties to let devs know we found something that needs to be addressed so that it doesn't become an online Cheesefest.

NOT everyone who plays online wants to be cheated to death
Dev's have, literally, sat in on sessions where I play another human (and TRY to cheese it up, on purpose mind you) and have looked at the player behavior in situations.

Very tough to "cheese" this year. Gameplay team has done an incredible job of addressing user feedback from last year and converting it into competitive game play with 2K15. I don't disagree that human vs human is where players look for advantages - just noting the team is aware of that and is doing testing on it.

# 250 Kurupt_XxX @ 08/19/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I am willing to bet they are going to try to "innovate" crew mode for NEXT GEN and push it with some kind of pay-wall. Just like how they tried to "innovate" association mode for NEXT GEN with My GM and laced it with micro transitions.

Im predicting you are going to have to buy uniforms, maybe some kind of system where you need to buy contracts to play games like in My Team, buy stuff to customize your arena, having to buy team accessories from a crew store,

or even worst...... Maybe you will have to buy some kind of season pass to even access it. Not sure if 2k would stoop down to that level but you never know, they are a large corporation that is looking to maximize their profits, and they have been EXTREMELY cocky lately.

I expect 2k to be ruthless with their microtransitions for NEXT GEN "crew" since its such an desirable mode. It has great potential to be a money sucking tool.
i really don't care if i have to pay VC to play crew mode for next gen.I will do it. Best game mode of any sports franchise (aside from the hackers). Good on 2k especially if they give it to us in next gen, which i hope they do.

# 251 stjsryj @ 08/19/14 02:21 PM
It's only on last-gen! WOW! lol.

# 252 TREIZE2K @ 08/20/14 09:55 AM
That's great don't play that stupid mode anyway. Because it happen all the time someone will hack or buy their way to a 99 player on the first day the game comes out then people start getting mad so stop with the crew mode and any other mode like it.

# 253 nyk_fatboy @ 08/21/14 01:00 PM
Is crew really only for last gen only, i mean its a good move money wise for 2k.. you got gamers that will buy both the PS4/XBOX1 version and PS3/Xbox 360 version because of crew, then you got the PS3 & XBOX 360 guys who will buy it regardless because they havent upgraded to next gen yet

Crew mode has been in demand for quite some time now, its kind of a low blow that its only for last gen. Im a big fan of crew myself but i dont think id go back to my old console just to play one mode. But at least you PS3 and XBOX360 guys have it back. I rather see that then it just being completely ignored again.

# 254 313entlogic @ 08/21/14 11:17 PM
I'll tell you this buddy. If crew is anything like parks with OP VC'D up players I'm not touching it. I absolutely HATE parks mode it's so generic. All of those fake cross overs, steals, jumping over people, dancing save that for street volume and nba jam.

WE want realism make us earn our points to upgrade our players the hard way. Make the game real again. One should not be sliding everywhere on defense. They need to make the game start on that end and then offense. Scoring is fun I LOVE dropping 18-20+ but come on when that's all your focused on as a sports company then we have a problem. The game should be focused on ALL areas. Fifa isn't just offense it's perfectly balanced. Nhl is balanced.

Ld2k coming and telling us how devs have done x, y, and does nothing for me anymore. Because as we all know for the past several years they have "fixed" things for years only for the same problems to exist. How many times has 2k fixed servers?? That's just one of many things.

So until I see the game and still see the same messed up issues + more problems broken features and broken modes we didn't ask for I'll gladly assume this game will be no different than past installations the same b s.

Been playing next gen '14 and it makes me sick. They hyped how different this game was how fluid it was and in reality it's the same as last gen. There was no learning curve just boom same game same problems.

# 255 CaseIH @ 09/01/14 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Funny thing is, if you ever notice whenever LD2K speaks around Ronnie, it's almost as if he's on a leash. Ronnie will look at him, as to say "don't even think about it". LD2k is one of US bro. He's part of the machine now, but at one time he was just like you and me. I feel like he has our best intentions when it comes to implementing hardcore competitive game modes into the NBA 2k franchise. Him and Ronnie's jobs are to be the Liaison between the community and the game company to hype up the game and keep developers informed of what the people like or dislike about their game. I'm Sure at some point conversations between Mike Wang, and Rob Jones were held by Ronnie & LD2k about what the fans want, and clearly the devs know by way of them implementing CREWS mode last year for 2k14, and now this year with crew mode returning in all its glory for 2k15.

My only thing is, that you shouldn't go so hard on them, because ultimately, no matter what chris manning and ronnie singh go back and tell devs, its up to the developers, and the marketing team at 2k to decide whats best for the franchise. Although i understand VC being a huge part of their income, i'll never be a fan of Microtransactions in Videogames. Paying $65 bucks for a videogame may be a broken format, but its a format i've grown accustomed to and refuse to have to pay an extra fee just so my "avatar" online can get better much faster than actually working on him naturally.

Defense is another story....this game has suffered horribly in that department since 2k11. Nba 2k12 started with the sliding, then in 13' they removed the feature to block shots, then in 14, they brought it back. Hopefully in 15' they've calibrated it back to how it was in 2k11.Now with us going into NG, lets hope and pray that we can get a working version of crew mode as well.

The only difference i noticed was, during last years campaign for CREWS mode, it was written in stone that CREWS mode was an xbox 360/PS3 exclusive and it was NOT coming for NG.

This year during the live stream, although they said it was coming for 360/PS3, they also never said the elements of crew were not going to be available to us on next gen. I just think the install base is greater for Last gen and the conversion rate from LAst Gen to Next gen is slower than expected due to lack of software from NG systems. So i understand why they would want to please last gen gamers with news of crew mode.

All is not lost fellas. Keep up the faith and also keep the 2k bashing to a minimum.
I think sometimes people forget that LD2k and Ronnie are gamers and want the very best game possible, but like you said they are on a leash so to speak and if they want to keep their jobs they have to do as instructed by 2k.

Over years I have gotten frustrated by 2k's lack of fixing certain things, like the duplicate bug when trying to backdate a new roster to opening night and all the issues with downloading rosters off of 2k share that screw up Associations. But that kind of stuff I know isnt LD2k or Ronnie's fault thats all on the devs as they are the ones doing the work on the game, and continue to leave those same glitches in every year.

I will say this while those same glitches were in last years game, the game over all was the best NBA2k ever. Im really surprised they are even making NBA2k15 for the old gen console, as I figured since they didnt bother to patch the game last year that it was basically being abandoned. I suppose they see they can make some extra $ by making it for the old gen, but I cant really see myself buying it, even though Im stuck with the PS3 since I cant afford the PS4. I figure the same exact glitches I mentioned will be in NBA2k15 and probably just like last year once the game is out they will abandon it and not patch anything that may be wrong. If they actually do fix all the glitches that I mentioned and the create player glitch that cause issues, and support the game after the release then I might pick it up at a later date. For now Im planning on just continuing on with NBA2k14 as I have enjoyed it, other than those same glitches that has plagued the game yearly that they continue to ignore. As for crew mode I could care less as I only play Association offline, but it is nice that they put it back in since so many like it, but sounds kind of shady of them to do it for old gen and not the new console.

# 256 raiderphantom @ 10/01/14 10:17 PM
I'm gonna be that guy with a 60 overall while everyone else is in the 80's/90's. Not gonna start another VC war. But I will say if it gets out of hand I'll probably be giving up on this mode quickly. It's not even about the price although they probably should at least charge more. I just don't care for these shortcuts. It cheapens the experience. Just play the game please.

# 257 MarvinOida @ 10/01/14 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I'm gonna be that guy with a 60 overall while everyone else is in the 80's/90's. Not gonna start another VC war. But I will say if it gets out of hand I'll probably be giving up on this mode quickly. It's not even about the price although they probably should at least charge more. I just don't care for these shortcuts. It cheapens the experience. Just play the game please.

I find VC easy to exploit without even buying it. Though, you'll need to gain a lot quickly.

Just get enough for a MyTeam Gold Plus pack and re-sell and repeat. (That's assuming that you'll still do that)

But even then, myCareer is fairly easy to gain VC without buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 258 Leasim96 @ 10/02/14 08:46 PM
Gonna keep posting this in every forum so everyone sees it

Here are the features that some preorder sites mention about 2k15 for PS3/Xbox 360:

Features MVP Kevin Durant on the cover

Eclectic soundtrack is curated by the one-and-only Pharrell Williams

Award-winning gameplay includes new animations, a new shot-timing system and improved player AI for an intense basketball experience

With 2K Heroes, you can control teams featuring 5 epic players selected by and representing past NBA legends. Each 2K Heroes team supports a real-world charity with 2K making donations to each. You can earn wins for each team during a special promo period, and the team with the most wins gets a bonus donation.

Take your MyPLAYER online in the fully-featured Crew Mode, complete with NBA rules

As long as the gameplay its better with no clucky BS animations am good, i played 2k11 just for crew pretty much, so if the gameplay is better atleast ill call this 2k11 2.0.

# 259 green225 @ 10/03/14 12:26 PM
any chance of us getting individual crew stats with a patch? leaving it out was a huge mistake.

# 260 CaseIH @ 10/05/14 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
any chance of us getting individual crew stats with a patch? leaving it out was a huge mistake.

Considering they didnt patch NBA2k14 for old gen I wouldnt count on them patching NBA2k15. Main reason Im going back an forth on buying it, because they wont support the old gen once its out. 14 was a great game but it did have some issues that should have been patched, even with gameplay being as good as it was there was some issues. Like AI coaches leaving in players in foul trouble, where some would foul out even before the 4th qtr.

Honestly buying 15 for the old gen console is basically buy at your own risk, because once they get your money its game over and your stuck with a flawed game more than likely.

I know its still tempting to buy because Im very tempted since Euro league players can be signed in your Association, along with getting the Hornets. I figure 14 played a pretty good game, and sim stats were the best they had been in years for Association, so I would figure at worst 15 will be as good as 14 was, but there is always that risk that the devs screwed something up, and its almost guaranteed they wont fix anything thats broke for us old gen guys. Only reason they are making it is because they know people wil buy it, so its money in their pocket without supporting it once its out. Where as they have no choice but to patch the new gen console since they will want people to buy that game going forward.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.