Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

One image, one voice...

I've talked to him over the phone, chatted with him on AOL Instant Messenger (yes we are both that old). Never saw the guy in my life, but I met him by surprise at 2K Sports headquarters 4 or 5 years ago. He didn't have to introduce himself. I heard his voice as he walked through and I shouted at him. BIG CZAR!

While most know him as Da_Czar, his real name is Nino Samuel.

I've worked with him in the background for years and watched all of his YouTube videos from start to finish. Posted many of them on OS for everyone to watch and learn from. We even host some of his videos here at OS.

Today, it was announced that he has joined the NBA 2K development team, full time. He will be working with the gameplay team and will focus on the offensive AI system.

Please show this man some love by congratulating him on his new job.

Hopefully, he has the time to chime in at OS, like he has done over the years. All the best Nino!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kevmasood @ 08/22/14 06:46 PM
As i tweeted @Da_Czar earlier, im overwhelmed at the news today, 2K team was deep, but it just got deeeeeeppper, with the President of #SimNation.

Mr. Sim himself, is @2k, Beautiful Day, in the Sim HOOD
CONGRATS PREZ, your good freind BIG KEV,

# 62 PAPERNUT @ 08/22/14 06:48 PM
Oh my. Great job 2K and congrats to Da Czar. Faith restored in this franchise again.

# 63 kbomb1upc @ 08/22/14 06:50 PM
You are the greatest man. I love your tag line, "Don't play video games, play basketball". Thanks for everything.

# 64 midwestking100 @ 08/22/14 06:51 PM
In the words of Bart Scott "CAN'T WAIT" "CAN'T WAIT" "CAN'T WAIT"!!!!!!

# 65 TerryP @ 08/22/14 07:00 PM
Fantastic news; always wondered why he didn't work on the 2K development team!

# 66 ffaacc03 @ 08/22/14 07:00 PM
Long time overdue !

Without any intention of demeriting the 2K preexisting devs, marketing and media teams, Da_Czar honesty, insightfull comments, videos and direct interaction with us, was unrivaled and one of the few reasons that made us (well, at least me) believe when the light wasnt as bright ...

I hope that he still gets the time, patience, energy and permission to further increase his relationship with us, the community, the sim nation ...

Also, congrats to 2K & VC heads, for integrating community guys into an already great team ...

Finally but not less important, in fact it must not be overlooked: behind great men there are always greater women, so big props to the sim nation first lady and also to their pillars ... duty is calling daddy, but dont worry, duty is now part of the family and fam is what is all about.

P.S:
Now that you are in, you got to make it official ... I know its hard, but you got to be really in the in and post a gif.

# 67 edaddy @ 08/22/14 07:02 PM
AAIIIGGHHHTTTT!!! Congrats man I am counting on you to keep this ship on the sim course..lol..

# 68 Steve_OS @ 08/22/14 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
REAL NICE!
Actually, it's real NOICE! "Da_Czar'ism".

# 69 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/22/14 07:10 PM
A big congrats to the man. Hope he still pops up here and shares his insight.

# 70 thedream2k13 @ 08/22/14 07:11 PM
I hope his Friday night radio show can continue.

# 71 jaateloauto @ 08/22/14 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Actually, it's real NOICE! "Da_Czar'ism".
Well damn. Still, looking forward to what he can add by approach of not playing video games, but basketball.

# 72 spankdatazz22 @ 08/22/14 07:20 PM
As a relative basketball novice that had come to love NBA2K basketball but didn't have a deep understanding of basketball x's and o's - particularly play calling - it was Czar's advice (to the general forum years and years ago) to turn on playvision until you understood the playbooks. Once I did, I went from playing totally unscripted basketball to understanding players were moving with a certain sense of purpose - which meant I moved with a certain purpose, and that somewhat small suggestion made the game that much more enjoyable. I never played another game without it on since.

Thanks for all the advice over the years, all the great videos, all the knowledge, and congratulations - very well deserved.

# 73 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/22/14 07:22 PM
This is legitimately one of the best things that has ever happened to the 2K basketball series. Czar is truly a basketball mind and he's been suggesting improvements to gameplay that everyone can get behind for years. Now hopefully, he finally gets a chance to make the changes to the 2K series that we've all wanted. I can't wait to see spacing, off ball movement, and so much more improved in the coming years.

# 74 bigeastbumrush @ 08/22/14 07:28 PM

# 75 thedream2k13 @ 08/22/14 07:28 PM
2k building the 92 dev dream team over there. Guess they will be undefeated for Years to come. We will designate czar as magic Johnson

# 76 clipperfan811 @ 08/22/14 07:30 PM
I already hit you up on Twitter but again, big Congrats man! 2K is definitely stacking the deck. Like so many of us know, you just get it when it comes to how basketball should be represented in a video game. I can't wait to see how you put your stamp on the game.

Wish you nothing but success big Czar!

# 77 DIESEL @ 08/22/14 07:33 PM
This made my day.

Couldn't be happier for someone I've never met before. Some dream come true ish for DaCzar and the Sim Nation.

Can I pre-order 2K16 now?

# 78 trobinson97 @ 08/22/14 07:39 PM
Nice. Grats sam40.

# 79 Glenn33 @ 08/22/14 07:44 PM
I'm not gonna lie. When I read this news I was like

# 80 Flightwhite24 @ 08/22/14 07:47 PM
Hell this partnership should be advertised as a FEATURE for 2K15

Sent from my iPhone

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.