Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a tuner update for NHL 15 and included the details for it. They didn't specify which console(s) it is for, although users in the EA Forums have seen it pop up for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Try it out and let us know what you are seeing.
  • The effectiveness of cross-body one timers has been reduced.
  • Various goal scoring exploits have been addressed.
  • Improved goalie positioning and reads for breakaways.
  • Reduced the goalie’s bias to protect the forehand side slightly, as low far side slap shots are sometimes exposed.
  • Lower hit assistance on the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.
  • Offensive players are now easier to knock over during big stride dekes.
  • Puck control has been tuned down when the puck carriers’ stick incidentally collides with an opposing players.
  • Shot accuracy will decrease when a player has low puck control.
  • Puck control will decrease slightly if you string together multiple dekes.
  • Increased poke check effectiveness for the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 MizzouRah @ 09/23/14 07:07 PM
Yeah something is awry with goal scoring post tuner update.

# 62 shupirate98 @ 09/23/14 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
im on ps4
alk i have is 1.00 and latest
Yep. Same here. No Playstation Plus means no way to download tuners apparently. Sigh.

# 63 Elite49 @ 09/23/14 10:46 PM
On Latest Tuner and just won, 3-0 and 6-1.

# 64 jyoung @ 09/23/14 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
Yep. Same here. No Playstation Plus means no way to download tuners apparently. Sigh.
This weekend, Sony is giving everyone on PS4 free access to PlayStation Plus.

So just wait until Friday and you'll be able to download the tuner.

# 65 MizzouRah @ 09/23/14 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
On Latest Tuner and just won, 3-0 and 6-1.
So there is hope!

# 66 bonannogiovanni @ 09/24/14 04:01 AM
Quote:
False, I am Plus and don't get the 1.01 tuner, no one has it...

# 67 Vikes1 @ 09/24/14 10:30 AM
Yeah, something a bit off. I mean, doesn't make sense that i was abe to get the 'three stars' update without having plus. But need it to get tuner sets? I think you just need to be hooked to the Internet .

# 68 Viktor @ 09/24/14 11:41 AM
I have no clue if I have the tuners, but I do have the latest patch. I joined a ranked match and got to the team selection screen but never got a message to download, so I backed out. In the settings I see the options for v1 or Latest, which is what I have always had it set to. I thought someone said under Hardcore for the Latest option that hitting assistance was set to 0, whereas before it was 1 or 2. I verified that was the case for me.

Either way, the two games I played last night did seem a little off compared to the previous 6 or so I had played in BaP. The early games, using personal sliders, the games were very close for the most part, shots were about even and a decent amount for 10 minute periods. Last night however the other team had like 15-5 or so for shots per period. They cycled the puck A LOT compared to previous games and made my AI look like mites. We were able to come back in the first game and send it to OT and eventually a shootout, where it went like 10 rounds. The second game was more of a blowout and we lost like 6-2, but we also had our backup in.

I'm on the Kings and the games were against the Penguins and Red Wings. We had played decent teams prior so these results were a little strange. Who knows.

# 69 shupirate98 @ 09/24/14 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yeah, something a bit off. I mean, doesn't make sense that i was abe to get the 'three stars' update without having plus. But need it to get tuner sets? I think you just need to be hooked to the Internet .
The three stars update is part of the patch. Everyone automatically downloads the patch as soon as they turn their PS4 on. In the past when there was a new tuner you would be prompted to download it when you started up the game. This year you're not. It seems the only way to get it is to enter an online game which those without plus can't do.

If plus is available for free this weekend that would be all well and good to download the tuner. Except this inevitably won't be the last tuner so when the next one comes we're out of luck. Oh, and I won't be able to be on my system at all this weekend anyway. Again...sigh.

Just for my own informational purposes...is this whole thing of having to have plus to play online new? When I saw on here the way to get the tuner was to try to start an online game I went to do that. And was dumbfounded when I saw I needed plus to even attempt to start an online game which I had no intention of actually playing. Is this a A PS4 thing? An EA thing? An NHL series thing? I'm assuming it's a PS4 thing. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and have never had any interest whatsoever in playing any game online so I guess something like that would have slipped my notice.

# 70 Vikes1 @ 09/24/14 01:22 PM
Quote:
The three stars update is part of the patch. Everyone automatically downloads the patch as soon as they turn their PS4 on. In the past when there was a new tuner you would be prompted to download it when you started up the game. This year you're not. It seems the only way to get it is to enter an online game which those without plus can't do.

If plus is available for free this weekend that would be all well and good to download the tuner. Except this inevitably won't be the last tuner so when the next one comes we're out of luck. Oh, and I won't be able to be on my system at all this weekend anyway. Again...sigh.

Just for my own informational purposes...is this whole thing of having to have plus to play online new? When I saw on here the way to get the tuner was to try to start an online game I went to do that. And was dumbfounded when I saw I needed plus to even attempt to start an online game which I had no intention of actually playing. Is this a A PS4 thing? An EA thing? An NHL series thing? I'm assuming it's a PS4 thing. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and have never had any interest whatsoever in playing any game online so I guess something like that would have slipped my notice.
I was on the 360 last gen, so how things work with PSN, i'm not too sure mysef. But that would sure be a drag if you must have 'Plus' even to get tuners. Because like yourself, i have no interest in on line play either.

# 71 Splitter77 @ 09/24/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
I was on the 360 last gen, so how things work with PSN, i'm not too sure mysef. But that would sure be a drag if you must have 'Plus' even to get tuners. Because like yourself, i have no interest in on line play either.
ive always had a playstation and never had to pay anything to play any games online. so this is a ps4 thing.

i rarely play online, so i would never get playstation plus. my internet is way too slow.

i still think ea has something screwed up, and even those without ps plus will get tuners.

# 72 blueduke @ 09/24/14 09:31 PM
I have PS+ and I don't have the tuner. Tried the suggestions here to no avail

# 73 MizzouRah @ 09/24/14 09:57 PM
I haven't won a game since the tuner update.

# 74 Vikes1 @ 09/24/14 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I haven't won a game since the tuner update.
Hey Mizz, do you know how you got the update to download?

On PS4, in the system management screen, my version reads V 1.02. Do you think i have the update? Thanks, Mizz.

# 75 bwiggy33 @ 09/24/14 11:43 PM
Quote:

On PS4, in the system management screen, my version reads V 1.02. Do you think i have the update? Thanks, Mizz.
Whenever you are in the PS4 home screen and hit options when selecting a game, the version number is always related to what patch you have for the game. In your case it means you have the 2nd patch installed for NHL. There's only been two patches out so far, so you have the updated game in regards to patches.

# 76 Vikes1 @ 09/24/14 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Whenever you are in the PS4 home screen and hit options when selecting a game, the version number is always related to what patch you have for the game. In your case it means you have the 2nd patch installed for NHL. There's only been two patches out so far, so you have the updated game in regards to patches.
Thanks, Bwiggy.

# 77 DXZeke @ 09/25/14 01:45 AM
I have gone to play online. It says it downloaded the new gameplay tuner but when i go to settings all i see is tuner 1.00.

How do i confirm ive got 1.01?

# 78 cowellj @ 09/25/14 09:17 AM
How in the hell do you get the Tuner update ????
I am on PS4, and connected to the internet at all times

# 79 MizzouRah @ 09/25/14 09:21 AM
Quote:

I'm on xb1 and had to act like I was playing an online game, when it got to the team selection screen it told me it needed to download an update, after it did, I backed out of that screen and knew I had it because it changed some default hardcore settings like hit assist.

# 80 Vikes1 @ 09/25/14 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm on xb1 and had to act like I was playing an online game, when it got to the team selection screen it told me it needed to download an update, after it did, I backed out of that screen and knew I had it because it changed some default hardcore settings like hit assist.
Ok, Mizz...thanks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.