Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

LD2K answered a few questions about NBA 2K15 online leagues earlier this afternoon. Below are some of the details.
  • Can adjust # of teams, season length, difficulty/style, quarter length, trades, playoffs/Finals & custom rosters.
  • Can view player & team stats, standings, team rosters, trades and more.
  • Flex scheduling is in.
  • Admins can reset games.
  • No fantasy drafts this year.
  • Custom rosters are in Online Leagues, you could set up the rosters prior to setting up the league and having users select teams from there.
  • CPU controlled teams are in.
We have contacted 2K for a few more answers and we will update if we hear back.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Lid @ 09/25/14 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Is that Cam and Zeek Lid? LOLOLOL
yes sir, you would be correct!

# 42 ClevelandFan @ 09/26/14 12:16 AM
Wait, just confirming here...the online league only offers 1 season?

So in other words, after the playoffs, it just ends? If you wanna play more you have to start a new league?

If so, that's awful.

# 43 Dalifeblives @ 09/26/14 01:18 AM
CPU Controlled teams? What exactly does that mean? Can we control the CPU teams if me and my buddy have an online league and want to play different games? Also wondering if we can change teams like in Madden during the season.

Last, can the leader advance the week or unlock all games?

Thanks for anyone who can get these answered.

# 44 ron_bato @ 09/26/14 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Since custom rosters are in you could set up a fantasy draft with the people in the league and then adjust the rosters accordingly. Of course it would be a longer, more difficult process.
Yeah, this will be my solution to this dilemma, I will just have to do this the old fashioned way. Just give me custom sliders and I'll accept that as a bare minimum.

I'm disappointed that online leagues are not up to where we want them to be, but at the same time, that's the constraints of the annual release cycle I guess. Them prioritizing the other stuff that they worked on was great, hopefully we get a more robust online league mode next year though.

# 45 nddot @ 09/26/14 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Yeah, right? It's not as if they have OTHER things to do. Lazy bastards!

😏

put down your damn cape man. As a major OA player, it's disappointing to see that simple things like fantasy drafts and multi season have been taken off from this mode. watch them being rentroduced as a nex feature next year too.

i swear i hate y'all 2k groupies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_bato
Yeah, this will be my solution to this dilemma, I will just have to do this the old fashioned way. Just give me custom sliders and I'll accept that as a bare minimum.

I'm disappointed that online leagues are not up to where we want them to be, but at the same time, that's the constraints of the annual release cycle I guess. Them prioritizing the other stuff that they worked on was great, hopefully we get a more robust online league mode next year though.

one can only hope

# 46 LakersForLife @ 09/26/14 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Since custom rosters are in you could set up a fantasy draft with the people in the league and then adjust the rosters accordingly. Of course it would be a longer, more difficult process.

We tried this in 2k14, the roster made our lg freeze, @Leftos, please explain why don't we have fantasy draft??

# 47 LakersForLife @ 09/26/14 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot

put down your damn cape man. As a major OA player, it's disappointing to see that simple things like fantasy drafts and multi season have been taken off from this mode. watch them being rentroduced as a nex feature next year too.

i swear i hate y'all 2k groupies...

one can only hope

I agree as a hardcore OA player this is foolish, like c'mon why take out a feature that was in previous games for years? To mess with us

# 48 lvnba @ 09/26/14 04:20 AM
No sliders???? Please confirm that. IT IS A MUST.

# 49 VizzyXV @ 09/26/14 05:54 AM
All hype just lost for the game after hearing no fantasy drafts, got a chat room full of about 35 people who been waiting on 2K15 for the past month to restart our fantasy league from 2K14 but now we can't do that

# 50 jaateloauto @ 09/26/14 06:15 AM
Fantasy draft in OA is completely awesome. Why wouldn't they include it?

No multiple seasons means they didn't have to make a draft, a free agency or anything relating to offseason but without fantasy drafts just playing one season is going to be a waste.

I was looking forward to getting back into OA but with these revelations I probably won't bother with it.

# 51 malekem @ 09/26/14 07:34 AM
custom roster means that we will be able to play classic teams and the current depositing it to join the legend ?

# 52 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/26/14 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malekem
custom roster means that we will be able to play classic teams and the current depositing it to join the legend ?
Custom rosters were in 2k14

# 53 danieloqb @ 09/26/14 07:40 AM
No fantasy draft and no multiple seasons = I will not play this mode

# 54 JJPooh @ 09/26/14 07:43 AM
When we were talking about the game a month ago with some of our core PC community guys, everyone was so hyped 2k was finally giving us all the features, what i said was, don't get too excited, don't pre-oreder just yet, i'm sure 2k have something up their sleeve. And yet again i was right, getting rid of the fantasy draft is the creme de la creme. Complete and utter bs, this is coming from a guy sticking to only playing in online FANTASY leagues since 2k10 (on PC....yeah that's right, imagine how hard was to stay put).
But that was to be expected, i mean how does 2k fix a broke mode, yup getting rid of it. They "fixed" their website, they also "fixed" crew mode, i can go on and on, man what a joke.
You can say there are other modes to play, sure, Quick Matches - hell yeah playing with randoms. MyLeague - playing with randoms and a roster of only 90+ rated players...lol
MyCareer/MyPlayer gave up on that mode in 2k11 after Ethan Thomas hit 3 consecutive 18 ft post fades over Dwight Howard, no thanks, and now who plays that mode, sorry *** youtubers, eagerly checking every 5mins their view counts lmao.
I bet those top engineers working on network infrastructure said : you know what, new code -nah, new servers - nah, let's just cut the numbers of OA created, they take too much space/data on our servers, yeah too much pain in the ***, too much complaint, let's just focus on our conversations with James Harden and how we feel about the world.

# 55 malekem @ 09/26/14 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Custom rosters were in 2k14

thx, but 2k14 on ps4 did't have online leauges.

whether in this year we will be able to put the legend in the rosters of the league online?

# 56 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/26/14 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malekem
thx, but 2k14 on ps4 did't have online leauges.

whether in this year we will be able to put the legend in the rosters of the league online?
What? I was in a few leagues in 2k14 that used custom rosters Including legends

# 57 svit @ 09/26/14 07:52 AM
Let's put some perspective here.

1.) Fantasy Draft

Ok... this year we don't have fantasy draft, but we have custom rosters instead which is better option IMO. From my experience with OA in previous iterations (2k12, 2k13 and 2k14 - talking for PC version) it was pain in the a.. to set up a good fantasy draft. From setting draft priority list prior the draft which goes wrong, due to CPU team, to arranging trades with CPU/User teams to get teams rosters right (and wait 24 hours to pass due to stupid implementation)... I feel this solution is much, much better than having FD in previous years form.

2.) Multy-year league and player progression

It is a bit of drawback regarding last year but I think we can better simulate player progression based on his performance in our league (and not how he performs in real life) over the years. For example if a bad user cheeses with Kevin Durant all year (having high PPG but low FG%, 3PT%, turnovers, bad win-loss ratio) we can "penalize" Kevin Durant with lower overall next season. Same goes with rookies which can perform better than expected -> next year they will have better overall. But again we have a workaround. We will be happy if 2K finally step up and make ONLINE MyLeague.

3.) FA period

Due to the fact that FA period was extremely buggy in 2k14 (each day lasted 1:30 minute, sign superstars to multi-year contracts on league minimum...) it's a good thing that they scrapped FA period
We will have offseason and draft outside the game. Again... we have a workaround with custom rosters.

4.) Playoffs

Again Playoffs and playoff progression in OA was buggy. You could end up with unfinished league, because all remaining games grayed-out. I hope this is fixed in 2k15. And again we have workaround to create Playoff outside of the game and play playoff games inside the league (admin game reset )...

I am still leaning towards buying the game, but if Online leagues does not supports:
- Custom sliders
- Custom playbooks (ability to save playbooks)
- Some admin (commissioner) controls over the league (approving/declining trades, kicking users, reseting games, advancing/simulating games
- leaving and then joining the same league (not being kicked out of the league)
- practicing plays

Then I will not buy the game.

# 58 jersez @ 09/26/14 08:05 AM
I'm trying to find a bright side to this, sounds like at the very least it'll be better than 2k14's online leagues. I'll take playing in a one season online league vs sim heads over the cheese-fest quick ranked, hoping to run into a sim gamer. In my opinion the fact that the mode is still in the game is a good sign, because 2k stripped so many modes making the jump from current to next gen. Some modes most likely won't return, so as long as the mode is still featured it'll give them a chance to get it right. This year they've proven they listen to the community, so I'm again assuming that it's a real reason why it's only one season. For all we know they could have tested multiple seasons and it had major glitches or issues that kept it from being in the game idk, but again the bright side is that it's going to be playable this year. Just my two cents

# 59 Vni @ 09/26/14 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I'm trying to find a bright side to this, sounds like at the very least it'll be better than 2k14's online leagues. I'll take playing in a one season online league vs sim heads over the cheese-fest quick ranked, hoping to run into a sim gamer. In my opinion the fact that the mode is still in the game is a good sign, because 2k stripped so many modes making the jump from current to next gen. Some modes most likely won't return, so as long as the mode is still featured it'll give them a chance to get it right. This year they've proven they listen to the community, so I'm again assuming that it's a real reason why it's only one season. For all we know they could have tested multiple seasons and it had major glitches or issues that kept it from being in the game idk, but again the bright side is that it's going to be playable this year. Just my two cents
As long as the mode works fine I will be in even if it's kind of stripped down. But it has to work.

# 60 malekem @ 09/26/14 08:41 AM
League online on ps4 worked very badly , so for me this mode did not exist . custom roster actually is, and (I suspect ) should work.

going back to the news ... over 35 nba2k fans from Poland , who for nearly three years playing in the league online news about no fantasy draft is very sad and shocking . I hope that it will be admins tools: change sliders and delete the results, along with giving someone the victory, kicking users! i hope!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.