Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has finally released another NHL 15 roster update. The last update was way back on September 3rd. The update includes roster changes in the NHL, AHL, Liga, SHL, DEL, Extraliga ledniho hokeje, and National League.

They also released a new tuner update, details below.
  • Overall tuning pass for goal scoring balance.
  • Goalies will be weaker when forced to move more and/or when they end up in desperation saves. (goalie reaction/awareness tuning)
  • Puck carriers are now more accountable for being in control before shooting for better accuracy. (puck control/shot accuracy tuning)
  • High percentage scoring areas will be more advantageous to shoot from than when forced to shoot from bad angles. (shot accuracy and goalie reaction tuning)
ROSTER UPDATE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS*:

Xbox One & PlayStation 4:
  • In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
  • In the Customize section, select (Roster)
  • In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
  • In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’ under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters.
Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3:
  • In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
  • In the Customize section, select (Roster Management)
  • In the Roster Management section, select (Download Rosters)
  • In the Download Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’
Fire up those consoles and post your thoughts.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/20/14 02:31 AM
Ok played 4 more games mostly as the dominant team averaging 5 pp a game in 8 minute periods and only scored 2 goals both late in the game and were generated and didnt matter and the cpu shut me out 4 times in 7 games .

I try to mimic the cpu but the goals they mostly score are one timers so I might lower AI learn as Im in some type of rut but with 4 different teams averaging 5 PP a game .

Everything is pretty even and I feel like I have control but PP are uneven and Im mixing things up offensively and nothing is getting by the cpu goalie so Ill try lowering their cpu goalie reaction down a click to 3 and raise my cpu teammate penalty slider to 5 as it worked with the last tuner as Im so close to great games I dont wanna wreck it .

UPDATE: Ok after my adjustments above I saw a huge difference but why would cpu goalie reaction lowered 1 click open up the game so much as it lessened the cpu going into turbo mode and just hitting me in there zone and they actually played more realistic and in position ? did the AI know they couldnt gamble as much when cpu goalie was no longer a wall ?

Well I lost 4-3 as the Ducks vs Kings and early in the first LA had a 5 minute PP and went up 3-1 on it and Quick was amazing until late in the game when I made my run but then he settled down so I cant ask for more then that.
Now I only had 1 pp to the cpu 2 but it kinda ties in as the cpu wasnt as crazy aggressive since I lowered the CPU goalie reaction ? I mean up to then I was getting 5 and even 6 PP a game but only getting a goal or shutout so hopefully this is a good blend for me even when tilted ice happens as those last two goals I scored were kinda generate .

Update 2

Ok played one more me NYI vs Det and won 7-6 in OT after I went up 2-0 then down 4-2 then tied 4-4 then down 6-4 and tied it 6-6 and won in ot after a Det turnover on a easy game winner they missed and I went down and scored on a weak shot.

Well after losing most games 2-0 , 3-1 with 6 pp chances a game I changed only one key slider cpu goalie reaction from 4 to 3 and I now had a 4-3 game and a 7-6 game in ot all on shots in the high twenties ???

So can anyone explain how one slider can do so much to change the game especially since it should only make the cpu goalie weaker right ?

# 62 jake19ny @ 10/20/14 11:20 AM
Absolutely just hate this game. I mean what a total piece of garbage. It was released incomplete and the additional content is just as incomplete. I waited all this time for a roster update and for what? It doesn't matter because I just discovered I still cannot play anything that will resemble an offline season in BeaGM that might resemble the real NHL season. You can only carry 23 players on your roster during the season so putting any injured NHL player to the minor league affiliate prior to starting your season makes them disappear once you start BeaGM with no way of bringing them back once they are healthy. So as I feared with unrealistic free agent signings and NHL players vanishing from the game never to be seen again in your season, this game is worthless to me. Without player edit and total roster control this game is nothing more than fantasy hockey. Please EA remove "NHL" from the title of your game and any future release if its going to be like this. Call it Fantasy Hockey 15, HITZ15, or HUT 15 "gives us your money" because outside of the license agreement there is nothing NHL about it and certainly you cannot do the most important and realistic thing the NHL does and that's play a season with accurate rosters. Thanks for nothing

# 63 Splitter77 @ 10/20/14 12:05 PM
they gotta fix the cpu defense when you gain the neutral zone.
if i come in 1 on 2, one cpu defender just skates backward to the side wall, while the other cpu defender just skates backwards to the goalie.

They gotta do something about that in a patch. Thats killing the game for me right now. its horrible.

# 64 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/20/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
if i come in 1 on 2, one cpu defender just skates backward to the side wall, while the other cpu defender just skates backwards to the goalie.

They gotta do something about that in a patch. Thats killing the game for me right now. its horrible.
I dont notice anything like this on allstar default as their defense is very good and actually in my face ?

# 65 spidertour02 @ 10/20/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77

Really? The opposite always happens for me -- one defender covers the front of the net and the other trucks the piss out of me to jar the puck loose.

# 66 fender227 @ 10/21/14 08:08 AM
Can anyone update me as to why certain players are still missing? For example David Pastrnak has signed his ELC and is currently playing in the AHL, but is missing from the in game rosters

# 67 Tonic @ 10/21/14 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02

(3) Players are much less aggressive with hits, unless it's called for. Hit power appears unchanged from the last tuner, but they don't go for them nearly as often. Players seem to jostle and nudge rather than trying to truck people. The current balance is much cleaner.

(4) There is a lot more stick activity. Both my AI teammates and the CPU opponents were doing more poke checks and stick lifts, with varying levels of success.

(5) As a consequence of (4), there are more tripping and interference penalties. In my last game, there were 3 penalties a side.
This. This gives me hope. My biggest gripe with the gameplay the last couple of years (since '11 IMO) was that the CPU went for way too many hits instead of trying to poke-check or stick lift. As a result, we saw way too few penalties.

If this really is true (I'll be testing it when I get home from work) then I'm very excited to pick up this game again!

# 68 ParisB @ 10/21/14 05:35 PM
I noticed toned down gameplay, which was good....but that lasted like 3 games.

I swear something is weird with this game that I can't explain. It like overrides sliders (I double and triple check them) and it reverts to random berserk modes where sliders go out the window. It's noticeable to me because I play with lowered game speeds and passing speeds etc.

The last 2 games I played it was total HITZ! mode, lol. Just players falling on their backs when a CPU player barely touches them, often when the 2 players are standing still.....SMFH

# 69 davidlipsett @ 10/21/14 09:56 PM
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me. I just downloaded the new roster. when i go to view rosters, i see that they have rated Kadri's potential as elite... however, when i go to be a gm mode, it changes to a red (low) top 6 forward. It does this with a few others like Percy.... does any 1 know whyy?

..... it does the same with vanriemsdyk

# 70 Splitter77 @ 10/21/14 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I noticed toned down gameplay, which was good....but that lasted like 3 games.

I swear something is weird with this game that I can't explain. It like overrides sliders (I double and triple check them) and it reverts to random berserk modes where sliders go out the window. It's noticeable to me because I play with lowered game speeds and passing speeds etc.

The last 2 games I played it was total HITZ! mode, lol. Just players falling on their backs when a CPU player barely touches them, often when the 2 players are standing still.....SMFH
i swear the speed mode has something to do with ea servers and being logged in all the time.
try playing while not signed in

# 71 spidertour02 @ 10/22/14 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlipsett
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me. I just downloaded the new roster. when i go to view rosters, i see that they have rated Kadri's potential as elite... however, when i go to be a gm mode, it changes to a red (low) top 6 forward. It does this with a few others like Percy.... does any 1 know whyy?

..... it does the same with vanriemsdyk
You answered your own question. Kadri's scouted potential in Be A GM has low accuracy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.