Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available today for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Since more people will have their hands on it today, we figured it would be better to start a fresh new topic.

If you want to read some impressions from the EA Access version, click here. Otherwise, play a few games and post your impressions.

NOTE: If you are looking for the game or demo in the PS Store, they typically update later in the afternoon.

EA Sports has posted their full list of controls for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Below is a list of items that have arrived in the first in-game update:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 nick_sr @ 10/28/14 06:49 PM
Finally found out why a lot of dudes are making 3's on video's I've seen lol

Play on superstar and you won'tbe making 3's so eeasily lol

# 82 Cam Fan @ 10/28/14 06:49 PM
My goodness, can you imagine a CBB game based on the Live engine. I would have to go to gaming rehab.

# 83 tha_show256 @ 10/28/14 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
This comment sounds TOO opinionated to me. In 2k bosh isn't accurate, wade isn't, Chalmers looks like a ghost, Lives kyrie looks better, Melo looks dead, Howard isn't accurate. Not saying that my thoughts are indeed facts just saying neither have all the players pin point accurate and both have players that look better than the other.

The shot forms for many players seem done to me it's just you have to release too quickly.

The defense is sliding all over the place in 2k, all the players in general are everywhere in 2k. Both are not without faults that's why I would say it comes down to preference.

Sig styles, post game, & individual player movement are on 2k's side.
It all comes down to preference true, but I believe I'm about an open person as it gets, and the other game has more on Live than what you mentioned IMO.

# 84 JoeDog10 @ 10/28/14 06:51 PM
Well, so much for waiting on the demo. I picked this up on my way home from work - I couldn't help myself.

I have only played a half so far (12 minute quarters), but I at least wanted to hop on with some quick impressions since I know many of you guys haven't had a chance to play it.

To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I enjoyed Live last year for quite some time. 2K gave me all sorts of reasons to keep playing Live. But for as good as it played at times, all of the little issues finally got to me and I gave up.

This year, I'm loving 2K. But, it's always good to have options. From the limited time that I've had with Live so far, I can already tell it's going to spend its fair share of time in my PS4. To say it's a giant improvement over last year would be an understatement. In my opinion, there are several things Live does better than 2K - and vice versa. As a gamer, that's a beautiful thing!

Okay, now to some random impressions:

- Flat out, the game looks good. It's undoubtedly next-gen. I wouldn't say that overall it's on 2K's playing field yet, but it's getting there. I'm really impressed.

- The arenas are BEAUTIFUL. Not only do they look great graphically, but the arena specific sounds are fantastic. Combine that with a lively crowd, and it's easy to become immersed in the game.

- The ESPN presentation just does it for me. The same goes for Mike Breen. I'm sure the commentary will get repetitive after a while, but hearing "Bang!" and "he puts it in!" will probably never get old to me.

- The CPU actually makes subs this year without the human having to be on Auto Sub!

- The spin move in the paint by the CPU is no longer an automatic basket.

- One thing I really love about Live is that it's actually hard (in a good way) to back defenders down in the post. In 2K, it's way too easy even against Dwight. Post moves seem very generic, however.

- Jumpshots are tough to time. The releases are a lot quicker than what I'm used to. Also, there seem to be some guys (Mirotic for example) that just have generic jumpers.

- Off ball movement seems pretty good, but again, I've only played a half. But, Automotion seems legit. I was playing against the Knicks, and it was good to see Melo in the post AND also around the choke area. He wasn't just camping on the same spot of the court each time down.

I need to get in more time with the game, but I am liking what I see so far. I'm going to enjoy having 2 good NBA games this year!

# 85 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Nice impressions, give us some more please!

Also what stats are tracked?? W/L/dnf%. Anything else ?? Can you see your last 10 games played? Can you set your "favorite" team online?

Can you see stats like ppg, apg, rpg, fg%, 3pt% etc?

I was looking for that after the game to see if I actually got the win since he quit....but I couldn't find it...I'll check again when I boot the game back up...

# 86 Insight23 @ 10/28/14 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
It all comes down to preference true, but I believe I'm about an open person as it gets, and the other game has more on Live than what you mentioned IMO.
I mean gameplay wise. As a total package yea a lot more but not all are looking for that. I'm in between myself on if I want all that. I just pointed out some of the major things it has over live gameplay wise

# 87 Lakers 24 7 @ 10/28/14 07:00 PM
I only have one game in so far. Not sure if I'm going to buy it or not yet, but my first impression is that offensive rebounds happen too frequently and alley oops are too easy. Anyone else experiencing the same? Other than that I think the game plays pretty realistically, more so than 2k15 imo.

# 88 D Rey @ 10/28/14 07:07 PM
How is the late game CPU AI

# 89 Lakers 24 7 @ 10/28/14 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

This was my first online experience, I was the Hornets...

No lag...was nice and smooth....nice to be able play on ball defense effectively...really nice...I beat him by taking better shots.

On that note...

They have to take a look at shot timing online...I'm not exaggerating when I say 85% of my J's were late...like, I literally had to scrap the square button with the edge of my finger to get a "great" release...LOL

Other than that...good stuff,..,online could be fun this year with a few tweaks..
I think part of this is due to input lag, due to controllers being wireless now which will always perform slower than wired. Add in additional ms' due to natural latency on the internet and it just compounds the problem. Don't know how wireless ever became the standard.

# 90 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
I think part of this is due to input lag, due to controllers being wireless now which will always perform slower than wired. Add in additional ms' due to natural latency on the internet and it just compounds the problem. Don't know how wireless ever became the standard.

Hopefully it's something they can toggle...I'm barely tapping the button like I'm throwing a lob pass in madden and I'm still getting a "late" message, lol

# 91 Cam Fan @ 10/28/14 07:20 PM
Is there a bug with the ESPN camera? It seems closer than what I've seen last week.

# 92 pdawg17 @ 10/28/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
Hopefully it's something they can toggle...I'm barely tapping the button like I'm throwing a lob pass in madden and I'm still getting a "late" message, lol
Interesting...I played online earlier today and even with Steph Curry's quick release I was getting "early" releases. I actually had to hold the shoot button down longer than I wanted to with him...

# 93 Insight23 @ 10/28/14 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860
like i said some players look realistic...when they players shoot it does not look realistic at all...especially when they dunk...i dont know if live is trying to be a simulation game or an arcade game...and that doesnt take any real skill at all..all you have to do tap the button....this gameplay is horrible for a next gen game...i use to be a huge live fan...and i expected this game to be good after hearing postive thoughts from people..but this game is just simply terrible..ea sport just needs to work with 2k..they can work on the presentation while 2k does the gameplay...if this game was good i was open to maybe purchasing it but i guess thats out the question
Horrible? Haha I guess so man. You also must be great at this game because without cheesing your not plowing thru the comp on superstar.'if your not trying to play these games like a real basketball game then why play them? I can cheese on 2k on the highest difficulty. To me sports games in General don't require too much skill to pick up and play if your not playing it realistically. I respect your opinion tho.

# 94 GisherJohn24 @ 10/28/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
Is there a bug with the ESPN camera? It seems closer than what I've seen last week.

Looks good. Did you get the patch? Try changing it to EA then go back to espn

# 95 GisherJohn24 @ 10/28/14 07:38 PM
Subbing works great and love changing rosters on the fly and seeing stamina onscreen cough cough.

# 96 Mintsa @ 10/28/14 07:46 PM
Quote:
I was looking for that after the game to see if I actually got the win since he quit....but I couldn't find it...I'll check again when I boot the game back up...
Ok cool. If you get a sec. Also, how's the fatigue online ? Do starters get tired? Do bench players get some burn?

# 97 JoeDog10 @ 10/28/14 07:57 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems impossible to beat anyone off the dribble. I had Steph Curry, and I couldn't even get a step on Ish Smith.

I also feel like even though players seem to feel more like themselves than they did last year, there's not as much differentiation as their should be between players. That could be me adjusting to the controls, however.

# 98 bowld @ 10/28/14 08:11 PM
Played the demo and while much improved the game just feels too loose and arcady for me.

# 99 Cam Fan @ 10/28/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Looks good. Did you get the patch? Try changing it to EA then go back to espn
Yes I have the patch. Just thought the ESPN cam was further away.

# 100 WTF @ 10/28/14 08:28 PM
Yeah, it's toned down tremendously.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.