Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

First teased back in October with a subtle "Like" by Ramone Russell in a Forum post by seanjeezy, it is now official.

The first news on MLB 15 The Show is scheduled to be announced at the Sony PlayStation Experience on December 6th - 7th in Las Vegas, Nevada.

What are you hoping to hear?

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bad_philanthropy @ 11/28/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Nothing was bad about it at all. But I don't want a visual aid forced on me, one of the joys of baseball and playing The Show is learning how to recognize a pitch out of the pitchers hand.

Its rewarding.

I don't need my hand held playing this game. I love how sim it really is with a clean screen, no visual aids, no guess pitch....none of it.

So like I said...I am all for it as long as I can shut it off. If not....hell no.
Agreed, but the lighting has to be better. I tried it on multiple monitors last year, but I felt like the lighting on the white of the ball was too flat and blasted out. Made it hard to detect the actual spin.

# 22 WaitTilNextYear @ 11/28/14 11:34 PM
First and foremost, I would like to see expanded and simplified stat tracking. The fact that we don't have access to anything beyond the most basic stats from previous years/careers unless we write down the stats in a notebook or screenshot them is awful. So I can't check and see how many BBs a pitcher issued last year? I can't see a batter's OBP from 2 years ago? If a player split time in AAA and MLB, I don't have access to the MiLB stats a year later? Please fix.

One thing that I haven't seen requested that would be really cool for people who chise a lot like me is an automated recap feature. In addition to the box score and game log we already have, how about a brief paragraph or 2 that encapsulates important stats and high leverage plays in the game in write-up form? That would necessitate the coders writing in stats that include leverage like WPA and pLI etc... but would really help me (and others) with writing game recaps and having to compile data before writing.

Of the many good ideas and somewhat wishful thinking in this thread so far, here are a couple that particularly resonate with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
2. Lots and lots and lots of new game play animations and also the removal of lots of old awkward looking animations. which will make gameplay look even more life like.
I am really fed up with the "suck into wall" animation that lets a runner tag up and score from 2nd base. That never happens in real life, so that animation should at minimum be deactivated with runners on base. Also, the "barrel roll out of the way and fall down" animation for outfielders chasing a ball in the gap needs to go. I don't mind the glove patting for infielders, but the 2 animations I've mentioned here are things you will never, ever see in a real baseball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Agreed, but the lighting has to be better.
I agree that the night lighting at Petco and PNC make franchising with those teams all but impossible. If I were a Padres or Pirates fan, I'd be pretty steamed about that when the other 28 stadiums don't have the same problems.

# 23 merchant1874 @ 11/29/14 07:00 AM
Complete graphics overhaul. Specifically player models and lighting.

Retractable roofs (open/closed option is fine)

Better stat tracking

Make the game seem like a new "next gen" game rather than a nicer looking PS3 port.

# 24 Armor and Sword @ 11/29/14 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I guess I'm just a casual baseball fan that wants his hand held. God forbid a good hitter could read the seems/spin of the ball coming out of the pitchers hand. Picking up the rotation of the ball is not sim at all, silly me.

Again, something like "Hitting Eye" from MVP would be nice. I'm not expecting it to be in, but if it happens...please let there be an option to turn it off. Not like The Show doesn't give the user these options for everything else in their game. SMH.
Thats great. I did not say its a bad feature. But The heart and soul of The Show is not a casual game. So my point was simply don't make something like the hitters eye standard without an option to turn it off. And picking up the spin without a color que is where I like to be. The PCI gives me the boost as a better hitter already....oh silly me.

You post reads as if your being attacked and your panties are in bunch. Read my post again. It's called an opinion.

I am not against that feature. As long as it can be toggled. I am not knocking it. I played with it for 5 years on MVP baseball. I just prefer the hitting game I have played for years.

# 25 rkocjay @ 11/29/14 08:44 AM
correct me if am wrong MLB the show has the one of the shortest wishlist from you guys of any sports game. making it the best sports game

# 26 Lisac @ 11/29/14 09:27 AM
Better graphics
Create a Stadium
Stadium atmosphere especially the wind. Example- with wind blowing out at Wrigley fly balls should carry and not just be lazy fly outs and wind blowing in at Wrigley balls should be knocked down.
And finally and something I've asked for the last few years- 1 button base running!

# 27 Perfect Zero @ 11/29/14 09:30 AM
I love that all the wishlists jumped from the wishlist thread to in here... In any case, all we are likely to get are a few screenshots and a lot of developer speak. That's fine; we're still quite a bit away from the release, but I think people are already setting themselves up for disappointment.

# 28 Lisac @ 11/29/14 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I love that all the wishlists jumped from the wishlist thread to in here... In any case, all we are likely to get are a few screenshots and a lot of developer speak. That's fine; we're still quite a bit away from the release, but I think people are already setting themselves up for disappointment.
I know I put mine in the wrong forum! Anyways super pumped to hear any type of news!

# 29 ShowTyme15 @ 11/29/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Pretty much nailed that one on the head with people setting themselves up for disappointment.

# 30 Ghost Of The Year @ 11/29/14 10:58 AM
1) Roster vault carry over
2) Early March release date
3) Offline leagues will have the same customizable options Online leagues have
i.e. custom sched's & amount of teams in leagues

# 31 LastActionHero @ 11/29/14 11:11 AM
Was there a community day this year or will there be one before the game comes out?

# 32 ShowTyme15 @ 11/29/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Was there a community day this year or will there be one before the game comes out?
They didn't have one this past year for 14, but normally they are in mid to late January. IDK if they are having one this year or not for 15.

# 33 tnixen @ 11/29/14 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Complete graphics overhaul. Specifically player models and lighting.

Retractable roofs (open/closed option is fine)

Better stat tracking

Make the game seem like a new "next gen" game rather than a nicer looking PS3 port.
I totally agree with you about making MLB 15 The Show look like a true "Next Gen" game rather then a port of the PS3 version. MLB 14 The Show PS4 version looks great no doubt about that. But that's not really saying very much because the PS3 version of 14 also looks great and in some ways even better then the PS4 version. If you look at the latest versions of other sports games on the PS4 they look in my opinion WAY better then MLB 14 The Show does. I hope MLB 15 The Show PS4 version will not disappoint in the Graphics and Presentation area!

MLB 14 The Show PS4 version looks great. But "great" is not good enough for me. I want to be able to say that MLB 15 The Show looks freak in fantastic! lol

# 34 kehlis @ 11/29/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
how about getting rid of the late game ratings boost for the team currently losing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And this is where this discussion ends.....

# 35 Bobhead @ 11/29/14 02:38 PM
Retooled ball physics
improvements to fielding, especially with super-CPUs diving all over the place
fix the baserunning/stealing issues
a fleshed out franchise mode

Also I never saw that other thread from Seanjeezy. Good to know that we might get some palpable information soon!

# 36 Factzzz @ 11/29/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
correct me if am wrong MLB the show has the one of the shortest wishlist from you guys of any sports game. making it the best sports game
It's not even close to NBA 2k15, in terms of graphics and presentation (probably game modes too), Not. Even. Close. In my opinion anyways. It does have the best gameplay though.

Which is why i hope to hear about improvements to graphics and presentation first.

# 37 seanjeezy @ 11/29/14 04:16 PM
I'm also hoping for retooled physics, specifically with how the ball reacts to different surfaces. The hit variety in 14 is easily the best in the series, but I still haven't seen any choppers off the plate or hard smashes down the line making it all the way to the wall. Said walls are also way too hard, a ball hitting off the padding should not bounce 10 feet in the air afterwards.

The fielding animations will probably need to be tweaked to adjust to the incoming speed of the ball. More conservative routes to the baseball should lead to more extra base opportunities for slower players (I find it pretty much impossible to go 1st to 3rd on a groundball to right field with anyone under 70 speed).

And of course, improvements to the usual stuff everyone else has brought up already

# 38 Bobhead @ 11/29/14 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I'm also hoping for retooled physics, specifically with how the ball reacts to different surfaces. The hit variety in 14 is easily the best in the series, but I still haven't seen any choppers off the plate or hard smashes down the line making it all the way to the wall. Said walls are also way too hard, a ball hitting off the padding should not bounce 10 feet in the air afterwards.

The fielding animations will probably need to be tweaked to adjust to the incoming speed of the ball. More conservative routes to the baseball should lead to more extra base opportunities for slower players (I find it pretty much impossible to go 1st to 3rd on a groundball to right field with anyone under 70 speed).

And of course, improvements to the usual stuff everyone else has brought up already
Most of those things are directly tied to one problem: the exit velocity on batted balls is too low. If you jack the power slider up, you get quite a few more choppers and hard grounders... you get balls flying down the line, etc.. You also get 4000 home runs and other nonsense that makes it unideal for playing baseball, but my point is the potential is already there. It's not that the ground isn't bouncy enough, it's that the ball doesn't travel with enough energy to accommodate a good bounce.

Increasing the exit-velocity on batted balls would be a great boost to the ball physics. An increase to this velocity and a more complex collision system that you alluded to (ball to wall vs ball to brick vs ball to human all have the same result, currently), and I think no other improvements or changes to ball physics would ever be necessary.

# 39 Turbojugend @ 11/29/14 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
It's not even close to NBA 2k15, in terms of graphics and presentation (probably game modes too), Not. Even. Close. In my opinion anyways. It does have the best gameplay though.

Which is why i hope to hear about improvements to graphics and presentation first.
Totally agreed. Most gamers put gameplay ahead of graphics on the priority list (myself included), but in this instance if it was the same exact game with NBA 2K-quality visuals I'd be just fine.

# 40 robbymac @ 11/29/14 09:00 PM
Create a team! I can imagine the awesome ones we would see in the vault

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.