Home
Perfect Golf News Post

Perfect Golf is available now on Steam Early Access for $19.99. Here are a few screenshots and if the embedded video above doesn't work for you, click here to watch it.

What makes Perfect Golf different?
  • The Creative Director of the game is a PGA golf professional,
  • Geo-referenced courses giving real world sun angles, sun rise and set times,which will also open up the ability to merge real world golf with computer golf. No longer play as your favorite pro, play against them!
  • Real world weather integration with live data from worldwide weather stations,
  • Real time 'emergent' physics engine - all forces such as wind and spin act on the ball in real time, we don't know where the ball is going to end up any more than you do when it's hit, it's not scripted behavior just ...physics!
  • First person mode allows you to drop into a free camera or walking mode and survey the beautiful environments at your leisure
Perfect Golf has been designed from the outset to be a community driven game with regular content and feature releases based on player feedback.

Read the full press release below and if you try it out, let us know what you think.

Perfect Parallel has announced the release of “Perfect
Golf", a Golf Simulation Game for PC MAC and Linux on Steam

Perfect Parallel today announced that it has released Perfect
Golf into Early Access on Steam’s Digitial Distribution Platform.

Perfect Golf is a new kind of golf simulation that is based on a goal to integrate the real world of golf and the gaming side of golf in a way that has never been done before. Featuring fully geo referenced golf courses that exist within a real space in the world, Perfect Golf is able to integrate real world data into its virtual worlds.

Perfect Golf features a full real time multiplayer game mode with an integrated lobby inside the game, support for NAT Punchthrough technology, integrated chat and player status in the chat window. With support for up to 8 players and 4 teams simultaneously it also features a single play, local multiplayer and practice modes with Skins, Match and Stroke gameplay types.

Perfect Golf also features an emergent physics engine which calculates the effects on the ball in real time. A key component of this is our “live”wind engine with built in elevation coefficient and gust factor which ensures that the wind is varying throughout the 3D environment.

There are 7 different replay cameras and 3 main cameras including a dynamic camera with reverse and landing snap cameras and two different player assists to make the game easier for beginners.

Most importantly Perfect Golf immerses the user in the most photorealistic golf sim available for PC MAC and Linux since golf games migrated from 2D imagery to 3D environments. A real time weather system tied into the courses geo referenced location and user selected city based weather provides a realistic time of day and lighting environment.

The Early Access version ships with 5 courses and more will be released during Early Access. Each course is built using our own Course Forge tools which have been adopted by Nicklaus Design as their digital design tool for in house course development (http://www.perfectparallel.com/nicklaus). We anticipate releasing Course Forge for non commercial use just prior to or along with the full retail release of Perfect Golf.

During Early Access we will be working with the community of adopters to prioritize the new features to be added into the game. Please come and join us and help make Perfect Golf become the best golf game for PC, MAC and Linux.

Perfect Golf screenshot gallery - Click to view Perfect Golf screenshot gallery - Click to view Perfect Golf screenshot gallery - Click to view Perfect Golf screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Perfect GolfReader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 OnlookerDelay @ 06/04/15 09:44 AM
I'm a beta tester for Perfect Golf, and I can easily say that Unity 5 is an upgrade over the Unity 4 version of the game. It does push your PC harder to deliver graphics details at distances far enough to avoid the claymation look that can plague the trees at low detail levels. My system is fortunately up to the task, although it does occasionally result in a drop to the low 30's in frame rate, whereas I'd never see anything below 45 FPS in the Unity 4 build.

The current control interfaces (3-click and delayed motion (mouse) swing) still do little to compel me to play the game with any real fervor though. I do like the fact that the putting meter has been made full scale, with no "tick" on the meter to indicate your targeted distance.

Perfect Golf is moving in the right direction and I think eventually it will get there. I like the camera options and configurability, although they still need polishing. The groundwork is there for a system that I think will be very popular. The player animation still has a long way to go before I think it will work properly with a real time swing interface. I'm reading that this work is still in progress. Real time thumstick controller interface will be a game changer for me the day it becomes a viable reality in Perfect Golf!

# 42 yesrushdt @ 07/08/15 11:33 AM

There have been 2 new courses introduced for PerfectGolf over the last month, Black Swan (excellent links style user created course) and Hidden Canyon (superb desert course that the developers just released yesterday). This brings the current number of courses up to 9. Another course should be available soon. Perfect Parallel mentioned that it is a real course but haven't said which one as of yet.

There will be no extra charge for new developer created courses (and I imagine for for the user created ones as well) from here on out (all included in the current $19.99 game price). This along with user creations will result in an an ever growing course library in the months and years after the "retail" release.

In addition to these new courses, the guys look to be adding volumetric grass (with Nvidia's Turf Effects) which will improve the visuals a great deal (along with Speed Tree which they introduced last month). I hope they add controller support, the real time swing and new avatars soon.

By the way, here's a replay I captured from my round yesterday at Hidden Canyon (kinda close to an ace but no cigar ).

# 43 DivotMaker @ 07/08/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt

In addition to these new courses, the guys look to be adding volumetric grass (with Nvidia's Turf Effects) which will improve the visuals a great deal (along with Speed Tree which they introduced last month). I hope they add controller support, the real time swing and new avatars soon.
I hope they don't go too far with anything specific to nVidia, especially if they plan to bring this game to consoles anytime soon as both PS4 and Xbox One are AMD/ATI GPU's. . I am waiting for a console release and I realize this will be a year or two at the earliest is my guess. Nice looking courses and hope the game continues to evolve.....looking good and getting better!

# 44 yesrushdt @ 07/08/15 09:33 PM
Here's a link to a Hidden Canyon 5 Hole Gameplay Video Perfect Parallel posted on their Facebook page.

# 45 poster @ 07/09/15 04:06 PM
I'm in love with the motion swing as it is going to take alot of practice to have a good consistent swing. At times I hit it well and other times I am all over the place. Who am I kidding, most of the time I am all over the place. Just feels realistic and makes me want to get better.

If the course creator goes public and they can get in any sort of realistic career mode, this will easily be my number one sports game. Amazing what they have done so far and it should only get better moving forward.

# 46 Cycloz @ 07/09/15 04:20 PM
Agreed, love the motion swing. I actually have to go the range to hit some balls before a round to get my swing down, that's a true testament to this game - best $20 I've spent in a long time.

Imagine if they had the budget that EA has!

# 47 OnlookerDelay @ 07/09/15 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloz
Agreed, love the motion swing. I actually have to go the range to hit some balls before a round to get my swing down, that's a true testament to this game - best $20 I've spent in a long time.
Oh how I wish I could buy into the motion swing, but for whatever reason, my senses just can't come to grips with performing this analog action, yet not see the result until it's completed. The actions seem too disconnected from each other. I've tried and tried to get over that hurdle, but it gets no easier. I'm confident that I'll be all over this game once Perfect Golf gets real time thumbstick controller motion control into the mix. I know it's coming but I sense that it will be Fall to Winter before we see it. I'll be patiently waiting for that day to come though!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.