Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 15 The Show screenshots and let us know what you think!

MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kehlis @ 02/08/15 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It's not exactly CGI, those are in-game captures for sure. I don't remember if they had some kind of a blur tool even for us to try and use in replay mode, but that Matsui shot is directly from gameplay.

I'll see if YouTube has any gameplay videos of it. Strangely there are more PS3 videos out there than 360, and this game simply just did not look as good on PS3 sadly. No self-shadowing, choppier framerate, more jaggies, etc.
Call it what you want and I have no doubt it was an in-game capture but it is still touched up.

# 62 ShowTyme15 @ 02/08/15 11:54 AM
Quote:
That's a bit harsh. I understand MLB 2K7 really had something going with their cloth (overdone, but they had it) and player models were there, but I think with the new lighting here this will surpass anything 2K7 had in that department, which I was always jealous of. Same goes for the accessories upgrade.

You're definitely right in that 2K7 was ahead of its time, though. Sad how it regressed from there.
The Ben Brinkman days. As soon as he left the series slowly flat lined.

# 63 twogotwingz3 @ 02/08/15 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The Ben Brinkman days. As soon as he left the series slowly flat lined.
Where's that guy now?!? Petition needs to be made to get that guy hired now!! Lol

# 64 nemesis04 @ 02/08/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogotwingz3
Where's that guy now?!? Petition needs to be made to get that guy hired now!! Lol
He works for Treyarch now. Been a while since he has done sport games.

# 65 HustlinOwl @ 02/08/15 07:53 PM
Quote:
lol https://www.linkedin.com/in/benbrinkman

# 66 twogotwingz3 @ 02/08/15 08:15 PM
Quote:
It's not exactly CGI, those are in-game captures for sure. I don't remember if they had some kind of a blur tool even for us to try and use in replay mode, but that Matsui shot is directly from gameplay.

I'll see if YouTube has any gameplay videos of it. Strangely there are more PS3 videos out there than 360, and this game simply just did not look as good on PS3 sadly. No self-shadowing, choppier framerate, more jaggies, etc.
Here ya go....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqToL8PhJw

# 67 Blzer @ 02/08/15 08:24 PM
Quote:
Thanks, but I was trying to find one with Matsui to get that kind of shot.

# 68 nemesis04 @ 02/08/15 08:26 PM
Quote:
Those are some wiggly uniforms, lol.

# 69 ShowTyme15 @ 02/08/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The thought process was there...............it was way over done.

# 70 Blzer @ 02/08/15 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That's with high winds. The low winds it looks pretty good, but the cloth still feels very light when all is said and done.

# 71 kehlis @ 02/08/15 11:26 PM
Manny looked like he was wearing snowpants lol.

The overall presentation of that game was beautiful though. I don't think you will get a debate about that.

# 72 Shakedowncapo @ 02/08/15 11:34 PM
As much as we all want more out of the game graphically, the framerate in MLB 14' was atrocious at times. I'd rather they get a grip on that first.

And speaking of MLB2K7, that game itself ran at sub 30fps levels. Just look at the downgrade that happened when Brinkman took charge in 2K8 and they went with 60fps. Sacrifices have to be made when you go that route.

# 73 jmaj315 @ 02/09/15 08:04 AM
One little thing that the Cutch picture made me think of...

Does The Show account for the change in sun angle throughout the season? Jeez maybe I'm just a bit ahead of myself

# 74 jmaj315 @ 02/09/15 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm pretty sure this year it does. When Patrick makes his graphics stream, he'll be able to confirm.
ahhh yea, i should stop reading in an a-chronological order... just saw the twitch video and he mentioned that in the first 5 minutes ...

OMG THANK GOODNESS FOR SLIDESTEP!!!

# 75 Russell_SCEA @ 02/09/15 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm pretty sure this year it does. When Patrick makes his graphics stream, he'll be able to confirm.
Yes the new seasonal sun and shadows is all based on real satellite data for sun position per stadium.

While we are on that subject a new feature was added into the game this weekend. You can now choose the month and start time for games in exhibition mode.

# 76 ajblithe20 @ 02/09/15 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yes the new seasonal sun and shadows is all based on real satellite data for sun position per stadium.

While we are on that subject a new feature was added into the game this weekend. You can now choose the month and start time for games in exhibition mode.
This is amazing! So excited to see this in the game now!

# 77 tnixen @ 02/09/15 01:11 PM
Quote:

Thank you so much for adding this very long requested feature!

# 78 LastActionHero @ 02/09/15 01:12 PM
Quote:

Awesome!!!
Wanting this for years but makes sense that only now it would be logical to put in with the new seasonal sun position and everything.

# 79 Blzer @ 02/09/15 01:38 PM
Quote:

I probably have to wait for the presentation thing for this, but can start time be set by the hour or anything like that, or is it simply day/night?

Actually, my real question based on that is can a day game leak into a night game? If I started a game at 1:00 and played 30 innings, would the shadows eventually "stop" or would this ultimately become twilight and possibly dark as well? Maybe even go into the morning like 2K7?

# 80 tnixen @ 02/09/15 01:46 PM
Quote:
I probably have to wait for the presentation thing for this, but can start time be set by the hour or anything like that, or is it simply day/night?

Actually, my real question based on that is can a day game leak into a night game? If I started a game at 1:00 and played 30 innings, would the shadows eventually "stop" or would this ultimately become twilight and possibly dark as well? Maybe even go into the morning like 2K7?
I was thinking the samething.

Can I start a game say in September at 10AM?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.