Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

We have just posted 11 new Madden NFL 16 screenshots. Check them out and post your thoughts.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SageInfinite @ 05/14/15 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I love MLB the show but is it really a fair comparison, The show is an exclusive game for the PS4 and PS3, Madden is an exclusive license game thats on all consoles and the NFL is a lot more popular. I appreciate everything the Show brings to the table, but I can go without playing a baseball game for a year.

Madden on the other hand I cant stand most of the time but I cant fight the football itch I get every year that makes me buy this game that I know doesnt meet my standards, so basically its guys like me that keeps allowing things like no graphical changes to not be a big deal for EA because they know guys like me will breakdown and buy it eventually anyway.
Yupp yo fault take this L

Joking, but seriously, people have to fight the urge. We ain't showing EA anything by complaining and then giving up the money after it.

# 42 cthurt @ 05/14/15 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yupp yo fault take this L

Joking, but seriously, people have to fight the urge. We ain't showing EA anything by complaining and then giving up the money after it.
Lol Man I take a L every year behind this game, but you right cant complain if I reward them at the same time.

# 43 Cowboy008 @ 05/14/15 05:44 PM
lol Looks exactly like Madden 15

# 44 GiantsFan2013 @ 05/16/15 09:36 AM
Jerseys still look bad. 2K has perfected jerseys, from the way they hand, to the detail of the stitching. At least the faces look a little better on these..?

# 45 dante1492 @ 05/16/15 01:52 PM
amazing no evolution with madden 15 in graphics, so difficult is to recreate 32 teams in their uniforms and helmets disappointment EA or helmets resemble real

# 46 oneamongthefence @ 05/17/15 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Oh yeah, you're right. I remember that issue now. I wanna say there was a post by Ian about that, but I can't recall when. I remember when I was popping in at Tiburon during Madden 10's dev cycle, I saw builds where they had the towel and a handwarmer sort of fighting for position on the players waists, and the handwarmer band would disappear into the body a lot. It was pretty wacky. I just took it for an early glitch and never thought to consider it was anything deeper until it was clarified later.

Agreed, and it is infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things. I often struggle between my gamer side and my developer side when it comes to things like this.

I just feel bad for guys like Kane who work so much making recommendations for these fixes, but have to deal with development priorities that trump these types of visual issues.
I think it would be a major step up if they actually got used. The qb would walk up to the line with his hands inside the warmer. Or using the towel to wipe his hands. Why does it just have to be an aesthetic thing?

Also in the Photo thread Rex also mentioned they were going to try and fix the sideline and crowd NPC'S to wear cold weather gear during cold weather games. This would help add to the atmosphere of playing in Green bay if everybody is bundled up.

# 47 DeuceDouglas @ 05/17/15 11:56 PM
Madden's still suffering from the same thing as last year. It's almost as if there is a gray layer over everything and the saturation isn't all the way their. These aren't perfect edits by any means but it just shows the absolute lack of vibrant color that should be present.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

# 48 Dr Death @ 05/18/15 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They may not be "perfect," as you put it, but they do show the lack of popping colors that has been dragging the game down for some time. And to think this is the 3rd game on the new-gen of games. SMH

# 49 Potatoes002 @ 05/18/15 01:50 AM
The biggest advantage the next gen systems have over the previous systems is lighting. The other sports games have all taken advantage of this, but with Madden I feel like the lighting is lacking. These screens did not get me excited because they look almost exactly the same.

I did not think the graphics in Madden 15 looked poor, but compared to other Xbox One/PS4 games Madden is behind. It either looks too cartoony or washed out, just not a natural finish to the game. Hopefully we will see some cool new things when the gameplay videos come out.

# 50 Potatoes002 @ 05/18/15 01:58 AM
Also, one thing I really don't understand is not showcasing any new equipment in these screens. In the past Madden has catered more for the casual fan than the sim fan. Wouldn't brand new, flashy equipment create a buzz? I mean they added the Beckham catch and even showcased it in their short 10 second trailer. You would think the casual fan would find enjoyment that he can have his guys wear what the cover guy is wearing. None of the equipment Richard Sherman had on the cover was in the game.

Madden is all about looking pretty motionless. Throw together a screenshot of a guy wearing a mouthpiece (remember these?), one armed sleeve, and some new Nike gloves and cleats, etc. etc. and I guarantee you places like this would have a more positive aura. I think it was NCAA 11 when they re-did the equipment and it was all showcased in their first screenshot on ESPN. People on OS were drooling over that, it's a shame we might have to wait another year for new equipment.

# 51 Skyboxer @ 05/18/15 02:13 AM
I actually asked a friend (last year) if he seen the new Madden yet etc...
All he said was "no I just get it when it is in the store then go and "bust some fools"..."

Most IMO probably don't pay attention to much of the pre hype etc... and just care about when it is released.

# 52 Dr Death @ 05/18/15 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Also, one thing I really don't understand is not showcasing any new equipment in these screens. In the past Madden has catered more for the casual fan than the sim fan. Wouldn't brand new, flashy equipment create a buzz? I mean they added the Beckham catch and even showcased it in their short 10 second trailer. You would think the casual fan would find enjoyment that he can have his guys wear what the cover guy is wearing. None of the equipment Richard Sherman had on the cover was in the game.

Madden is all about looking pretty motionless. Throw together a screenshot of a guy wearing a mouthpiece (remember these?), one armed sleeve, and some new Nike gloves and cleats, etc. etc. and I guarantee you places like this would have a more positive aura. I think it was NCAA 11 when they re-did the equipment and it was all showcased in their first screenshot on ESPN. People on OS were drooling over that, it's a shame we might have to wait another year for new equipment.
Don't be so sure that you'll have to wait another year for equipment. Can't go into detail here, but PM me if you want.

# 53 SolidSquid @ 05/18/15 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Don't be so sure that you'll have to wait another year for equipment. Can't go into detail here, but PM me if you want.
Shoot me a pm I'm interested

# 54 bigdooky15 @ 05/20/15 11:32 PM

More to come tomorrow, according to @EAMaddenNFL

# 55 PVarck31 @ 05/20/15 11:47 PM
Guys, this is a warning. Watch the developer insults.

You can come up with better ways to voice your displeasure without basically saying "these devs suck."

We want to keep guys like Rex around here. Its better for the game and we all know that.

# 56 jpdavis82 @ 05/21/15 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Heyman Guy
Hmm, the lighting on that looks way better than the previous photos released. Wonder if they released the other photos with the dark lighting from Madden 15, then released that shot of Luck in a much brighter light to show the difference in lighting we can expect?

Now that's a screen shot I can get excited about, though I'm trying to figure out what number 78 is doing in the background. Is he doing the Chicken Dance on the sideline?
Lighting is similar to the Gronk one from earlier tonight, I expect some good WR/DB shots tomorrow and maybe some players who got new scans that didn't have them in M15. I think 78 is adjusting his pads but we'll see.

# 57 apollon42 @ 05/21/15 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdooky15

More to come tomorrow, according to @EAMaddenNFL
The screen looks great. But the Kaepernick screen from last year looked just as good. The graphics aren't the problem.

# 58 Dr Death @ 05/21/15 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
The screen looks great. But the Kaepernick screen from last year looked just as good. The graphics aren't the problem.
I just don't see how people can say that screen of Andrew Luck looks great. The numbers and stripes on his jersey don't even match the blue stripe and logo on the helmet.

Now, taking a look at Luck in daylight in real life, I think you'll see what I am talking about:

The colors in Madden never pop. And this is a new-gen photo??? Notice how vibrant and alive the colors look in real life, and these numbers have no trim around them, they're just one layer, but they pop out at you and all the blue on the uniform and helmet match.

# 59 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/21/15 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Never understood the screenshot release thing. Show me the game in motion...not some screenshot from a replay or cut scene. Show me 10 or 15 second video clips of a run...a pass...anything that shows what has changed since last year gameplay wise.

C
Probably won't see any game play videos until after E3, which is June 16th through June 18th...

# 60 NDAlum @ 05/21/15 08:24 AM
The should/bicep area where the jersey finishes just kills me. It looks atrocious

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.