Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The news of Odell Beckham Jr. being voted the youngest ever to be on the cover of Madden is still fresh, and it’s also the first first sign that the game’s release is on the horizon.

Which means there’s only one thing to do: Figure out what team to dominate your Connected Franchise with next season.

For some, picking a team for a franchise mode is almost as important as anything you will ever do in your life. That’s why we’re getting this out of the way now, three months before the game comes out. With the NFL Draft and free agency finished (at least for the most part beyond some post-June 1 cuts that may shake things up), there’s a little more roster clarity.

Having a three-month head start might help you clear your head and figure out what team is a better option for you. On some level, it would make sense to make a case for each of the 32 teams, but hopefully narrowing it down to just five teams will help crystallize things a bit more.

Important note: Tampa Bay and Tennessee are obvious choices that will be omitted from this list. A lot of people will jump at the chance to play with Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota. For this list, we’ll look beyond those two teams.

Here are five teams, in no particular order, which you should think about for your franchise mode in Madden 16.

Read More - Madden NFL 16: Five Teams to Consider for your Franchise

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 05/20/15 10:54 AM
We're still making Jacksonville to London jokes even though the Jaguars are contractually tied Jacksonville for the next two decades, I see.

I'll be giving the Bills, Vikings, and Titans (of course) some spins when I get the game.

# 2 redsox4evur @ 05/20/15 11:00 AM
Jags to London Jokes, those are old news. I am probably going to run with the Patriots, maybe the Dolphins and Bills. My plan with Buffalo is to give Canada a football team move them to Toronto. Also I am getting sick as I type this but I am considering giving the Jets a try. They have a top 5 defense. One of the best d-lines in the leagues. The best CB in the league, Revis. Yes I said that Revis best CB in the league. Also have a decent running game and if they can find a decent QB they are playoff team. Also Marshall and Decker are pretty good options at WR.

# 3 The Craigler @ 05/20/15 11:09 AM
Why on earth does Andrew Luck have dirt on his arm when he would be playing on turf indoors in the photo??? Nice job EA!!!

# 4 MajorSupreme @ 05/20/15 11:21 AM
The Niners would be my pick, trying to combat against the rest of NFC West with that defense.

# 5 BSchwartz07 @ 05/20/15 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Craigler
Why on earth does Andrew Luck have dirt on his arm when he would be playing on turf indoors in the photo??? Nice job EA!!!
I'm more concerned that he's built like a WWE fighter....

# 6 trey2k198003 @ 05/20/15 11:39 AM
I LIKE THE JAGS TO LONDON JOKES LOL CALM DOWN AND ILL RUN WITH THE JAGS AND HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW CFM LOOKS? ITS MAY 20TH AND CLOWNS ALREADY DONT WANT TO BUY THE GAME CAUSE CFM LOOKS THE SAME HAHAHAAHA WISH I HAD A CRYSTAL BALL TO SEE INTO THE FUTURE AS WELL LOL WELL UNTIL AMAZON SELLS IT I GUESS ILL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE IT LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD GOOD JOB THOUGH @ILOVEPARKMIN LOL #THEYHATEUSCAUSETHEYAINTUS LOL

# 7 trey2k198003 @ 05/20/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
I'm more concerned that he's built like a WWE fighter....
Way to exaggerate hes not that big lol

# 8 SonsUfPonarchy @ 05/20/15 11:44 AM
Sweet Jags to London joke bro, it really added to the post.

# 9 azdawgpound @ 05/20/15 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Craigler
Those marks have been in past couple versions not sure why they get put on the arms like that.

Only team I'll run with is the browns.

# 10 kongemeier @ 05/20/15 01:00 PM
nvm - wrong place!

# 11 Marino @ 05/20/15 01:06 PM
I always run with Miami, but when considering weapons, another beast to use is Jarvis Landry. Excellent slot guy.

# 12 sir psycho @ 05/20/15 02:18 PM
I'm thinking the Bears are my top choice right now for my offline franchise rebuild. Should be fun trying to take one of the worst defenses in the league and turn it back into one of the best. Get Cutler out of there and try to draft my QB of the future, and/or trade for a current backup like Mettenberger to compete for the starting job. Plus, cutting Cutler should also incur a hefty cap penalty, adding to the rebuild challenge. Combine that with a fairly competitive division, and it sounds like fun to me(assuming the game is good)!

# 13 Skyflame21 @ 05/20/15 10:56 PM
Too bad they don't have a way to create draft class line the nba2k series. Football loses luster when drafting fake players. That would be a nice addition, but maddens been a joke for awhile now so it's still going to be a non purchase for me again.

# 14 Dr Death @ 05/20/15 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
Way to exaggerate hes not that big lol
I don't think he's exaggerating... let's take a look:

Now you tell me how "real" he looks in the game compared to real life...

# 15 balljonesjr @ 05/21/15 02:08 AM
Any thoughts on using the Broncos? ?? You get 1 year to make something with manning then rebuilding begins.

# 16 slick1ru2 @ 05/21/15 02:50 AM
I'm a Bucs and Fins fan. It's going to be a good year it looks like. I do franchise mode with both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 17 KG @ 05/21/15 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I don't think he's exaggerating... let's take a look:

Now you tell me how "real" he looks in the game compared to real life...
It's the glossy over-emphasis on sweat that makes it worse IMO.

# 18 PaleVermilion @ 05/21/15 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
We're still making Jacksonville to London jokes even though the Jaguars are contractually tied Jacksonville for the next two decades, I see.

I'll be giving the Bills, Vikings, and Titans (of course) some spins when I get the game.

Why not? Same old Madden. Same old jokes. Kind of fitting actually.

# 19 jtmoneyb4u @ 05/21/15 10:24 PM
man all these new cleats gloves and accesoriesthat nike reebok and under armour come out with every season and we still stuck with the same crap as last gen? Ea ya gotta atleast act like yall give a damn about an authenic replacation of the game of football if you cant get the gameplay right atleast make it look good!

# 20 SolidSquid @ 05/21/15 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmoneyb4u
man all these new cleats gloves and accesoriesthat nike reebok and under armour come out with every season and we still stuck with the same crap as last gen? Ea ya gotta atleast act like yall give a damn about an authenic replacation of the game of football if you cant get the gameplay right atleast make it look good!
It's really puzzling to me, they still have the old Nike equipment and the only new stuff they added was the old school equipment to put on created players. I know it's just equipment but it goes a long way to realism/immersion. This is the second year that the player on the cover won't have the correct equipment in the game. MLB the show added all the authentic equipment this year and it really takes the game to the next level visually.

The guys in charge or equipment and lighting are not the guys in charge or making gameplay improvements there's no reason both things can't be taken care of in a dev cycle.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.