Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Game Informer has posted 25 things to know about Madden NFL 16's Franchise Mode. Quite a few of them were not included in the official blog released earlier today. Below are a few items of interest, click here to read them all.
  • Draft classes are randomized, and the development team has tweaked the process to try and ensure better and more realistic distribution of positions drafted and where they are drafted.
  • Once your player is drafted, you'll immediately see their ratings and where they rank in the draft in terms of their overall rating.
  • Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
  • Commissioners of online and offline leagues can apply wins or losses to other players' matches. This could come in handy if there was something that prevented a game that should have won, or if you want to advance the week to skip over a deadbeat player.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 chunt04 @ 05/28/15 07:50 PM
No editable or customizable draft class, no buy for me. I'm sick of the lack of customization in Madden.

Also, they need to have formation subs entered back in the game. Why can't players have a few different positions (like in fifa) where a player could be a true "playmaker type" like DeAnthony Thomas or Brad Smith. This would allow us to line these players up in a number of ways and get them the touches they deserve. There really is so much that could be added to the Madden series.

# 22 extremeskins04 @ 05/28/15 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I can't remember the last time I made it through a season to the draft in madden, but you only get to fully scout 8 players? Is that typical for the draft? That's sounds ridiculously low. If you draft 24th over all, it's possible you would have to do your entire draft picking players knowing nothing on them. This sounds terrible to me.
It's the main reason why I've always picked my two most needed positions for new talent and concentrated on spending my scout points on those positions. I'm also realistic about it. If I'm picking 20th or 25th or any late round, am I scouting a top 10 player? Probably not. Unless I plan on making a serious trade to get him but normally I just try to find sleepers and build them up.

# 23 CT Pitbull @ 05/28/15 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
"After each play you'll see all the goals influenced by that play via a scrolling onscreen tracker at the bottom of the screen. You'll also get XP and confidence updates. Furthermore, the loading screen shows you how you're progressing towards various goals." Instead of that why don't they have a ticker at the bottom showing you up to date scores, standings, stats, etc.

"Missing some weekly goals can have a negative effect on your confidence." We shouldn't have to play a certain way in order to reach goals.
This is DEFINITELY NOT SIM. Or replication for that matter. Talk about killing the mood or immersion. I want to see stat overlays from the actual "on field" gameplay. From this week or last week or from the season thus far, like NBA2k does. NOT XP goals..smh Hell 2k15 gives up true life stat updates from the real NBA when we play a "quick" game. And madden cant even do this right in their franchise mode.

Not to bash the game right off the rip but whos feed back are they referring to, that they listened to with some of this stuff? I will buy the game regardless because im a football junkie, but i just dont get why they do some of the things they do.

No custom draft classes, again. Thats disappointing since I KNOW we wont be able to edit players, even offline which is ridiculous. And from what Ive seen 32 team control is STILL going to be a monotonous chore as it has been since CCM/CFM came to be.

If I had to say something nice about todays info, i guess I like the new player cards with the attributes and the college the player went to. Its easier to look at than a spread sheet.

# 24 kjcheezhead @ 05/28/15 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's the main reason why I've always picked my two most needed positions for new talent and concentrated on spending my scout points on those positions. I'm also realistic about it. If I'm picking 20th or 25th or any late round, am I scouting a top 10 player? Probably not. Unless I plan on making a serious trade to get him but normally I just try to find sleepers and build them up.
I would. Players fall. Aaron Rodgers was expected to go 1 or 2 and dropped to around 22nd. First round picks are huge investments to a club. I bet most clubs know everything there is to know about a projected first round player.

I just found the limited scouting stuff strange, but I admit I never really tried it. Madden hasn't pulled me in enough to get through the regular season since the ps2 days.

# 25 ASUBoy93 @ 05/28/15 10:38 PM
No one's going to mention the revamped depth charts?! It looks like, based off the screen shots, that we actually have WR1, WR2 and WR3 (slot) with different backups if they get injured or gassed. If that translates to the defense too with DT vs NT and different CB roles, then I am absolutely ecstatic to actually build a team the right way.

This is exactly something I asked for this year, glad to see it might actually be realized.

# 26 J ROCK 05 @ 05/28/15 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
So we finally get the ticker! But it's for player goals? Welp, we came close.
Isn't that something...we've been asking for a sports ticker with scoring updates and stats around the league and we get a player goals tracker...smh!!!

# 27 DeuceDouglas @ 05/29/15 12:17 AM
Mentioned this in the other thread but it seems like storylines and the twitter feed are completely gone. Not saying that isn't a good thing but there isn't any mention of it anywhere and the newsfeed doesn't appear in any of the screenshots. They really need to replace the EA ticker at the bottom with a CFM ticker.

# 28 talucchesi @ 05/29/15 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Why does it feel like Madden is dying a slow painful death?
ahhahaha, So well put

# 29 Cnada @ 05/29/15 03:31 AM
Seeing minor goal updates is going to be major annoying.

I would MUCH rather see 'X' team needs to win this win to clinch division.

How hard is that to code?

Suffice to say very little if anything was added for anyone on these forums apart from Practice mode.

Very sad but at least overall the mode is good, we got a lot with CCM and CFM overhaul

# 30 Skyboxer @ 05/29/15 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Why does it feel like Madden is dying a slow painful death?
Considering they will continue to make tons of money on Madden, it doesn't.
What should die are people's expectations that Madden will ever be more than a Madden football game.

I'm in the camp that wants a lot more from a FB game but I also have accepted Madden will always be Madden.

# 31 k0brakai @ 05/29/15 09:53 AM
This list of features reads like the bug-fix list from Madden 15, plus 4 bullet points about a new Goals System that probably couldn't make it into Madden 15 in time.

As someone who works in the games industry, I understand there's no way a team can release a game on a 12 month cycle and innovate massively, so unfortunately this year is just going to be Madden 15 + Fixes + Rosters + Goals and a new way of laying out some screens.

If I was you I would save your money.

# 32 oneamongthefence @ 05/29/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0brakai
This list of features reads like the bug-fix list from Madden 15, plus 4 bullet points about a new Goals System that probably couldn't make it into Madden 15 in time.

As someone who works in the games industry, I understand there's no way a team can release a game on a 12 month cycle and innovate massively, so unfortunately this year is just going to be Madden 15 + Fixes + Rosters + Goals and a new way of laying out some screens.

Madden 15 wasn't a bad game. If everything works as it should plus the 16 features that work it will be a win imo. I wish there would have been more stuff added for sure but I'll take an off year of they fix everything that's in it already.

Sim stats
Cpu roster management
Funds
Scouting
Xp

# 33 RandallB21 @ 05/29/15 03:05 PM
What the reason why we don't have the ability to create and share draft classes?

# 34 icepikk @ 05/29/15 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0brakai

If people would just stop having these massive expectations and enjoy the game for what it is you wouldn't get let down every single year. I don't see how that is tough. Yes we deserve more. Yes other games do more. Same argument and nothing changes so why stress about it when you know it isn't being heard or it would've already happened.

Madden is a decent game and I accept it for that. I get excited for the new things big and small because I accept that in madden land this is what I get and no improvement is a bad thing. The additions to the passing game will hopefully be good and the scouting and draft can't be worse than what has been implemented recently. The biggest things I enjoy are the condensed information because that'll save so much time meaning more can get done quicker.

You can keep bitching about madden and expecting to much and being let down or accept it and have fun. Or don't buy it.

# 35 icepikk @ 05/29/15 04:38 PM
Then don't play it and put so much time in bitching about it knowing it isn't going to be different. I understand you want it to be better. As do I. Yes I enjoy it because I stopped playing it and looking at all the things that could be better. I took it for what was good, not compared to other games, but compared to madden before. Thinking I'm glad they added this and that as opposed to oh they didn't do this or that. Perception I guess.

# 36 Skyboxer @ 05/29/15 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdoe
Definitely not buying this year. Still making a game aimed at grammar school kids. No custom draft classes or any new depth to the game. Shame on Ea and the nfl. I encourage people who care about this game becoming a quality product in the future to fully boycott this year. The insults towards long time customers who want real word nfl replication is embarrassing. The constant tactic of planned obsolescence year after year is getting old and is insulting peoples intelligences. I'm sick of the Arcady & recyclable joke of a product year in and year out. The shysters at Ea and the nfl are definitely not getting in my wallet this year. You guys make me so damn angry. Shame.
First.. people that enjoy the game and are fine with Madden are "grammar school kids"?
Ok...

Second Madden has NEVER been a full on sim game and will never be so.
To me it's shame on those who continually complain year after year knowing full well Madden is Madden.. and always will be.

It's fine to explain what you want out of the game but expecting MAdden to change significantly away from what's given EA millions of dollars is unrealistic at this point.

I want a full on sim experience too but it's pretty evident that will only come from a different developer.. when/if we ever see the exclusive deal end.

# 37 Skyboxer @ 05/29/15 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdoe
So let's look past the monopoly and pray for some one else to save us. Not gonna happen. Monopolies are illegal in The U.S.A last time I checked. If you don't expect people to be up in arms you are incorrect. The nfl and Ea have a monopoly of a video game genre. One of the pioneers of the whole industry at that. What is going on is ludicrous. This is a bribe between two conspiring parties.. Corruption. Just look at the Fifa case. It's the same thing. Back room exclusive deals that fatten collaborator's pockets. It's wrong and free people shouldn't stand for it. And ignorant people who don't know any better is NOT an excuse.
umm... ok... Grade school kids and now they are ignorant people...

Boycott the game if that's what you want to do as that's your right. Those that can enjoy the game for what is is and feel they don't need to riot in the streets also have that right.

Take care...

# 38 BJNT @ 05/30/15 12:20 AM
Well no custom draft classes. So unless they included some feature that allows you to edit rookies name, height, weight, school, age etc. I'm not buying. I may consider investing in a backwards compatible PS3 and play Madden 11 or even NFL 2k5.

# 39 icepikk @ 05/30/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
First.. people that enjoy the game and are fine with Madden are "grammar school kids"?
Ok...

Second Madden has NEVER been a full on sim game and will never be so.
To me it's shame on those who continually complain year after year knowing full well Madden is Madden.. and always will be.

It's fine to explain what you want out of the game but expecting MAdden to change significantly away from what's given EA millions of dollars is unrealistic at this point.

I want a full on sim experience too but it's pretty evident that will only come from a different developer.. when/if we ever see the exclusive deal end.

I'm glad you have the rational that you do. Doesn't it make playing it a lot more fun when you're enjoying what they did right instead of using all your time to point out all they did wrong. If it is so horrible and you don't plan on buying it why are you wasting time on a MADDEN message board? Could it be because you love to complain? Possibly but I don't know.

Also to the guy saying it is a monopoly: you're calling other people grammar school and ignorant? Do you know what a monopoly is exactly? Google it. If other companies couldn't make football games at all that would be a monopoly. That is not the case. They have rights to the NFL. Most people happen to not wanna play without the license in a game but it isn't a monopoly. I love a lot of football games with and without the license but unfortunately that isn't the case with most and why Madden makes so much money.

# 40 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/30/15 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepikk
I'm glad you have the rational that you do. Doesn't it make playing it a lot more fun when you're enjoying what they did right instead of using all your time to point out all they did wrong. If it is so horrible and you don't plan on buying it why are you wasting time on a MADDEN message board? Could it be because you love to complain? Possibly but I don't know.

Also to the guy saying it is a monopoly: you're calling other people grammar school and ignorant? Do you know what a monopoly is exactly? Google it. If other companies couldn't make football games at all that would be a monopoly. That is not the case. They have rights to the NFL. Most people happen to not wanna play without the license in a game but it isn't a monopoly. I love a lot of football games with and without the license but unfortunately that isn't the case with most and why Madden makes so much money.
EA doesn't have a monopoly, by definition, but they do in a loose sense that they know, as well as gamers know, when it comes to sports games, we want real teams and players....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.