Home
News Post

Need for Speed
  • Need for Speed is the first up. First thing I'm noticing is the graphics look absolutely splendid. The look and feel is very Fast & Furious like.
  • Need for Speed takes the absolute best pieces of each NFS title to make today's Need For Speed. Everything from the narrative, customization, to police pursuits.
  • Customization is some of the richest ever in the game. Performance tuning, car handling, looks. It's all there.
  • Five Action packed stories. Speed. Style. Build. Crew. Pursuit.
  • A customization video was shown, with a live action sequence transitioning seamlessly into the game. The game seriously looks THAT good. Incredible.
  • Customization options for the cars are intense. Ability to edit just about anything you could imagine.
  • Launches on November 3.

NHL 16
  • A cool trailer was shown, but few other details revealed. We'll have the trailer (and a link) up soon on this post.

EA Sports PGA Tour
  • Again not much to this presentation. Some brief gameplay was shown and what we already know was mentioned again.

NBA Live 16
  • NBA Live 16 rooted in self expression.
  • Game looks much better graphically this year in motion.
  • New App will allow you to scan your face into the game. A preview of the app was very impressive with very quick results.
  • Physics based Live Motion will allow for contextual, free flowing movement. Thousands of new animations. Two years in the making, ties together physics and motion capture.
  • Completely rebuilt passing and catching system.
  • Pick and roll. Screen and reckon. Can control popping and slipping.
  • New shot system, full control to release the ball when you want. Longer you hold the button the later your release. The new meter looks very interesting.
  • New Game Mode being announced later this summer.
  • EA is committed to a reliable and stable experience (shots fired!).
  • End of the Live trailer showed a park-like mode being hinted at.
  • Game launching on September 29, same day as NBA 2K.

FIFA 16
  • Trailer featuring real-world historical footage of Pelé is being shown to kick off FIFA information.
  • Pelé being interviewed on stage. Telling some old stories about his experiences.
  • Gameplay has been the focus of FIFA. Innovation is everywhere on the pitch this season.
  • Confidence in Defending. Better defensive shape on the pitch to break down attacks.
  • Control the midfield. Interception intelligence. Better passing and build up in the midfield. Improved counter attacks.
  • Moments of Magic. Better dribbling, more skills to create menacing attacks.
  • No touch dribbling will change the game completely.
  • Better finishing logic.
  • FIFA trainer will help you as you play to be better in game.
  • Women's teams built entirely customized for Women's game.
  • More news coming this summer.

Madden NFL 16
  • Draft Champions allows you to do a quick fire draft and then use it for a single round of games. It looks like a middle ground between Ultimate Team and Franchise but with less overall commitment versus both.
  • Overall passing game overhauled.
  • Quarterbacks, receivers, and defensive players in coverage overhauled.
  • Body relative throws gives you control to throw balls at specific parts of a receiver. You can throw a low pass or high pass where only your receiver can get it.
  • Receivers can go for three new catch types. Possession catches. Run-after-catches. Aggressive catches.
  • Play the receiver and not just the ball for the first time ever as a defender. Can time a hit to dislodge the ball or play to tackle.

Member Comments
# 101 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 05:10 PM
How about Madden taking football to the next level...?

# 102 LingeringRegime @ 06/15/15 05:10 PM
I kind of like this Draft Champions stuff.

It reminds me a little of APF 2K8.

# 103 Sandman42 @ 06/15/15 05:11 PM
Well at least they didn't bring out TheFootballGawd.

# 104 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 05:12 PM
I'm totally not the typical gamer anymore. I could give a **** about this feature.

# 105 DJ @ 06/15/15 05:13 PM
Glad they're only focused on 3 positions out of 11.

# 106 Sandman42 @ 06/15/15 05:13 PM
Pretty sure possession/aggressive catch was available in Madden 2009.

*New Features*

# 107 Ronoko @ 06/15/15 05:13 PM
Was hoping they would spend more time on Rory considering game is out soonest and we still don't know much. The gameplay footage did look very nice but it's obvious they still spent time on fantasy courses. Not sure how that fits into the single player modes.

# 108 LingeringRegime @ 06/15/15 05:14 PM
I am afraid that the ODB catch animation will happen too much.

# 109 The JareBear @ 06/15/15 05:14 PM
They did just show a DB trapping a WRs arm, that was cool. (hopefully a PI flag was thrown on that play)

They also showed a play on the low throw to a curl where the DB behind the WR did the "interception animation even though I am directly behind the WR," which isn't cool.

# 110 JODYE @ 06/15/15 05:15 PM
So realistic momentum based tackling physics still haven't made it to Madden even though 2k had it down like 11 years ago. Oh, okay.

# 111 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Glad they're only focused on 3 positions out of 11.
In their defense, its 5 positions (S, CB, TE, WR, QB). LB will likely be able to defend passes similarly. Also they focused on OL and DL last year.

# 112 LingeringRegime @ 06/15/15 05:16 PM
I thought the lady was a character in the star wars universe.

# 113 mestevo @ 06/15/15 05:17 PM
Feel like I was left waiting for a 'one more thing...' With that Madden preview. I look forward to more blogs, interviews and deep dives to get into more of this stuff. Trailer looked nice. Confirmation of the new face scanning in Madden out some of the Live off field stuff would have been nice.

# 114 roadman @ 06/15/15 05:17 PM
2 man tackle on the QB sack.

# 115 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 05:18 PM
Was that supposed to wow me?
Sorry but with probably the same ball physics, ST being ignored etc...
Color me not hyped much.
I'll get it as I'm weak but seems just a small upgrade (and offset for some due to the draft change) to me.

# 116 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/15/15 05:21 PM
Did they show anything about UFC?

# 117 DJ @ 06/15/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
In their defense, its 5 positions (S, CB, TE, WR, QB). LB will likely be able to defend passes similarly. Also they focused on OL and DL last year.
I know, I was being snarky.

Still, kind of irks me that again we're stuck with the focus on one feature ideology with Madden. And, based on the sack issue from last year, I'd say the OL/DL needs more work.

We'll see what the gameplay videos show us.

# 118 DJ @ 06/15/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Did they show anything about UFC?
No mention of UFC.

# 119 23 @ 06/15/15 05:22 PM
Star wars looks like a buy if the game is full of action like this

# 120 Junior Moe @ 06/15/15 05:23 PM
Live definitely looks better, but it's still 2K for me. It still has that Live "stiffness" and they said nothing about improving/ adding modes like Dynasty that I'd enjoy.

That Madden preview was a major disappointment. I didn't expect much honestly, but I at least thought they'd talk about presentation (CBS or ESPN), Living Worlds (like NHL) and more core gameplay enhancements.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.