Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The 2K Pro-Am is coming to NBA 2K16, but what does it mean exactly? It obviously has something to do with professional and amateur players, but to what extent? There was nothing related to a 2K Pro-Am in the NBA 2K16 achievement list, which revealed quite a bit of information, so we are left scratching our head until 2K gives us more details.

We will update this post or create a new one when more details become available, but until then, what do you think this could be?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Caelumfang @ 07/23/15 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
They know what people want but they dont care, they care about having a free roaming social aspect so people will have more incentive to buy their virtual clothes and shoes. They know people will play it regardless if there is matchmaking or not.

I already knew that strict match making was never coming back once they introduced buyable clothes and shoes with free-roaming in 2k14. Because once they saw how much money they were making from the micro transactions from the people buying their gear, they will never take it out of the game.
I just don't understand why they want all this free-roam and 50+ players in a single lobby when they know their servers can't handle it.

# 142 MrPromax @ 07/24/15 01:16 PM
Probably something like a drew league.

# 143 ballstreet2k @ 07/24/15 02:29 PM
I really can't understand WHY a company with historically bad servers keeps shoving this multi-court-40-people-playing-at-once crap down our throats.

# 144 JMart14 @ 07/24/15 06:28 PM
Expecting the worst.
Hoping for the best.

# 145 redsox4evur @ 07/24/15 06:30 PM
It's the same thing as the REC Center...

# 146 LD2k @ 07/24/15 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It's the same thing as the REC Center...
u no everything.

# 147 redsox4evur @ 07/24/15 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
u no everything.
From reading the information that came out yesterday it seemed the same to me. I am probably wrong though.

# 148 23 @ 07/24/15 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
From reading the information that came out yesterday it seemed the same to me. I am probably wrong though.
Thats probably why Steve said they wouldn't just give you every single detail in a leaked message

That doesn't even make sense does it?

But then again I've never been a fan of all the stealth marketing tactics lol.

IT ALWAYS results to stuff like this but Id rather hear directly from 2k not info through external sources and ratchet youtubers

# 149 redsox4evur @ 07/24/15 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats probably why Steve said they wouldn't just give you every single detail in a leaked message

That doesn't even make sense does it?

But then again I've never been a fan of all the stealth marketing tactics lol.

IT ALWAYS results to stuff like this but Id rather hear directly from 2k not info through external sources and ratchet youtubers
Oh yea I would much rather get information straight from a Dev or community manager than some random Youtuber I have never heard of. Like the guy that tweeted in the OP for this thread. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ming-24th.html This was probably just clickbait as no new information came out today. The soundtrack information came out last night.
This could just be click bait for these websites that originally leak the info. But I feel that OS runs with mostly factual information and you guys more often than not check out this information before making a thread from it.

# 150 cam21224 @ 07/24/15 07:38 PM
I miss the days of the developer insights leading up to 2k12 and the back & forth marketing of 2010 versions of both games [emoji17]

# 151 OGSPORTS @ 07/24/15 07:45 PM

# 152 Sinner @ 07/25/15 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
They might buy the game but will they continue playing the game through January if the game is too difficult? Absolutely not. And if the game is too difficult, will that same person buy the game next year? We can't guarantee that.

We are being short-sighted here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You do have a point, but there's the other side of it:

Will he keep playing if he's getting worked by 100 other Jordans? Will he keep playing offline if it's just too easy and becomes boring?

I say you have as much, if not more, of that risk of boring people, than those that get frustrated with a challenging game. All I know is that chess is not easy and people LOVE it because of that depth and variety.
Both good points but it seems like the easy thing to do would be to put in a hard cap option so players can decide how they want the game to be for them. You want it harder select it on, you want the easy road and to dominate select it to off. This could be an option while creating your MyPlayer...then as far as online make certain lobbies for each.

Maybe hard cap players can only play in Pro-Am, players without go to Rec. Now in me saying easy it sounds like an easy solution but have no idea how hard or how much trouble it would be to put into the game. This way though they could give players option for how they want to play. As said around here many times more options is never a bad thing

# 153 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/25/15 09:46 AM
Still have to wait for got next huh? Waiting takes up so much time

# 154 Clappington @ 07/25/15 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Still have to wait for got next huh? Waiting takes up so much time
Lol I agree, I hate playing the waiting game I have never played a game and wait at least 30 mins to play a game while on the game before till 2k(I dont even know if that made sense lol). They really need matchmaking badly.

# 155 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/25/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Lol I agree, I hate playing the waiting game I have never played a game and wait at least 30 mins to play a game while on the game before till 2k(I dont even know if that made sense lol). They really need matchmaking badly.
Or that feeling of loading into a rec and you're the only flyer with no one to play with so u gotta reload to a new rec smh

Hopefully the pro am is nothing like that

# 156 Clappington @ 07/25/15 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Or that feeling of loading into a rec and you're the only flyer with no one to play with so u gotta reload to a new rec smh

Hopefully the pro am is nothing like that
I just hope they remove restrictions so me and my friends can be in different affiliations and play.

# 157 yungsta404 @ 07/25/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Being forced to spectate and manually wait for games to end in order to play in the year 2015 when technology is suppose to me more instant and convenient is asinine.

# 158 Boilerbuzz @ 07/25/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Both good points but it seems like the easy thing to do would be to put in a hard cap option so players can decide how they want the game to be for them. You want it harder select it on, you want the easy road and to dominate select it to off. This could be an option while creating your MyPlayer...then as far as online make certain lobbies for each.

What you say makes sense, but executing that is a logistical impossibility. It would be like allowing PVE players on PVP realms, and no game does that for good reason. The natives would go ape**** because you're allow people that aren't good to progress as fast as you are, or you don't allow someone to play with friends. Not to mention balancing two different economies, which is bitch enough as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
Being forced to spectate and manually wait for games to end in order to play in the year 2015 when technology is suppose to me more instant and convenient is asinine.

It never had anything to do with technology. But it is true that SOCIETY has gotten more lazy and impatient though. :P

# 159 oMarcus2Ko @ 07/25/15 11:04 AM
Pro-Am is making a good step toward what we all know and love. with Rankings and custom jerseys/logos the only thing missing would be NBA atmosphere but i'll take this mode and run with it!

# 160 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/25/15 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

It never had anything to do with technology. But it is true that SOCIETY has gotten more lazy and impatient though. :P
Sometimes though I really wanna get a game or 2 in before work or class. Sometimes I might have a date and wanna get a game before I head out . It's really inconvenient for me to wait at times . I know I could just not at altogether but what's the fun in that

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.