Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

More NBA 2K16 details for 2K Pro-Am, MyPARK, MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE and MyGM have been leaked out by the Microsoft SmartGlass app. Microsoft has removed all traces of the information, but @Droppin_Daggers managed to screenshot them all. There are quite a few nuggets of information in the images, so check them out and post your thoughts!

Mouse over and click the images to get a better view.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ataman5 @ 07/23/15 12:03 PM
MyLeague Online is all i'm interested in!

# 42 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/23/15 12:06 PM
2K continues to set the bar in Sports gaming!

# 43 TheLetterZ @ 07/23/15 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
2K hoops summit - maybe a play on College "hoops"? Some type of college scouting thing?
I guess it would be like the Nike Hoop Summit, an All-Star game for the best American and international high school seniors held in Portland every April.

# 44 Jumpman14 @ 07/23/15 12:31 PM
MyGm sounds real good this year. Hope all those features will be available in MyLeague.

# 45 Steve_OS @ 07/23/15 12:32 PM
I'm deleting anything w/ CREW associated with it. Discuss what has been revealed or give a better description of what you'd like to see. It's getting old.

# 46 Gilley @ 07/23/15 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Surely those "New to MyGm" features have to be in MyLeague also, right?

I mean I would think they would be included, but you never know. I would rather them be in MyLeague, as I like that game mode more, but if MyGM is going to have more depth, I'll play it instead.

# 47 Fifa fan 90 @ 07/23/15 12:53 PM
Colleges????

# 48 Clappington @ 07/23/15 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifa fan 90
Colleges????
Yes colleges my friend its in mycareer!

# 49 stillfeelme @ 07/23/15 01:07 PM
Myleague online sounds good but need more details.

Hopefully you can have a myleague online with as many CPU teams as you want. With just the basics from myleague with the ability to stat track and change playbooks with saving.

# 50 Number999 @ 07/23/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

I had been beating the SimCast drum for years so it was certainly one of my favorite features of 2k15. I'm excited to see what they have in store for it this year. The fact that it's called SimCast Live makes me thing that there will be more coaching involved. Perhaps you can watch some of it? Other things I would like to see is a speed option, the ability to use SimCast once a game has started, then re-enter the game accordingly (and vice versa), and of course timeout logic tweaked... because the worst the about SC in 2k15 is when you intervened at the start of the 4th and would only have 1 timeout left.

Off-Topic: I'm looking forward to following your Dynasty in 2K16. Your write-ups are great and it's been fun to follow along. Your Dynasty really is what all Dynasties should aspire to be.
I think SimCast Live will be something seen in the NHL games... essentially, you can see how many shots your team puts on net, who scores the goals and from where, that sort of thing... it'd be weird to watch some of it since having it on 10x speed would look pretty hilarious but I do think it'll be an option like you load it up, and you act as some sort of coach while you watch CPU vs CPU with the option to jump ahead a few minutes or quarters. Also, YES on the timeout thing... maybe Spoelstra likes messing with me or something cause if we're up 20 or down 20 that's always the case, lmao.

Also that means a ton man, I just try to add my spin on things and whenever I get comments like yours it's great.

# 51 SkillzFromThe6 @ 07/23/15 01:18 PM
Sounds like Create-A-Team is back... hopefully not only for MyTeam. Attachment 102870

# 52 canucksss @ 07/23/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifa fan 90
Colleges????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Yes colleges my friend its in mycareer!
When i was reading the MyCareer...this got my attention. I wonder if its a fictitious names for the schools or the real deal or how the story will pan out from college to the big leagues. But if this is actual names of Colleges, perhaps we could see CH 2k17? Just a thought .....

# 53 beau21 @ 07/23/15 01:49 PM
I'm hopeful that college teams are playable in modes outside of MyPlayer as well.

I would assume that those teams didn't come cheap and therefore 2k would want to use them in as many ways as possible.. Can't wait to find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 54 HowDareI @ 07/23/15 01:50 PM
Everything sounds good and improved-upon besides online my career games.

Look, matchmaking needs to come back. I played a whopping TWO games in 2 hours last night at the rec because no one was getting next....really. Or maybe affiliations won't carry over and games can actually start faster.

If ProAm really lets you customize jerseys and play in an arena with commentary and a crowd that's a step in the right direction..I want the full immersion. Hopefully the leaderboards have stats that show rebounds, points, and all that...and they don't get mixed in with park stats.
(I average 6 in the park but like 35 in the rec lol)

Giving up all hope on that C-word gametype at this point so I'll just be optimistic over all this news haha -_-

And I hope online leagues are really upgraded..like REALLY given some attention. If it's the same as it is offline I'll be on that with my friends for hours.

# 55 Cleve07103 @ 07/23/15 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
I guess it would be like the Nike Hoop Summit, an All-Star game for the best American and international high school seniors held in Portland every April.
Best one i heard. i think that could be it

# 56 Clappington @ 07/23/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Everything sounds good and improved-upon besides online my career games.

Look, matchmaking needs to come back. I played a whopping TWO games in 2 hours last night at the rec because no one was getting next....really. Or maybe affiliations won't carry over and games can actually start faster.

If ProAm really lets you customize jerseys and play in an arena with commentary and a crowd that's a step in the right direction..I want the full immersion. Hopefully the leaderboards have stats that show rebounds, points, and all that...and they don't get mixed in with park stats.
(I average 6 in the park but like 35 in the rec lol)

Giving up all hope on that C-word gametype at this point so I'll just be optimistic over all this news haha -_-

And I hope online leagues are really upgraded..like REALLY given some attention. If it's the same as it is offline I'll be on that with my friends for hours.
It doesnt look like they changed anything about the affiliations and its returning. I just hope they don't put restrictions on who you can play with always thought that was dumb tbh, and the whole got-next spot thing..only thing I will say I have never met anyone who plays video games like to wait to play because the game has a logic that waiting is a good thing. I like/hate that there is leaderboards tbh this just gives people more reason to try to pad stats and cheese more to do so I just dont think right now is the time for that but I like it cause its nice knowing what your avg's are.

# 57 Cleve07103 @ 07/23/15 02:00 PM
Everyone keeps asking for another college basketball game but do we all know that College 2K wasnt canceled at first cause of the likeness, it was canceled cause not enough people were buying it.....So if it's the same people that were buying it previously they still wouldnt make the game caus eit wouldnt make business sense to.

# 58 NINJAK2 @ 07/23/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I hope Coach Mode will be an option for MyLeague/MyGM.
I'm 100% with you on that LR. Miss that mode as I loved it in 2k11.

# 59 24ct @ 07/23/15 02:18 PM
Cool. They didn't really change anything about MyPark or Rec like I expected. The only thing I can hope is the gameplay actually registers when players bump into 1 another and not just if the animation clicks but given this is the same engine, I'm just gonna say that won't matter either.

Also ballers still have both shooting boosts which is also cool. Can't be more happy with them still being over powered. Given defense is based purely on if your animation registers vs actually being able to get into position and defend and move as fast as the offensive player that boost is a toss up. Riders will actually have the best boost but rebounding isn't that big when players make 90% of 3s and mids. So yeah. More cool stuff. I just hope if my guy is level 20 defender he won't slide all the way out of bounds if a press steal one time. I also hope my guy doesn't jump 4 times when I try to block a shot but it's not registering so I have to press it twice to get 4 jumps. Cool.

So another year of 3 point bombers and corner 3s. Cool. If affiliations carry over into the rec/proam stuff then it's gonna be just as bad. The servers will still be trash and its gonna lag into oblivion. Also cool.

Hopefully no matter what park you're in you'll be able to run with whoever you want. But I doubt it. Highly doubtful. Maybe they will have more dreads/hairstyles and tattoos this year. Again. Doubtful. But maybe just maybe clothes will have physics and shorts and stuff will move and not look like clay on the PS4.

Maybe the create a team/brand for ProAm will actually be really nice with a lot of different logos to choose from. Again. Highly unlikely since it's the 1st year for that. So they'll probably use whatever GFX files they used for CREW and call it a day. Then 2k17 they will update it and it will be all new stuff. More dances I assume. Can't wait to whip and nae nae. Woohoo. Same crossovers and same dunks too. Even more 7'3 Point Guards. But this time they get to rank at the top of the leaderboards! This is gonna be awesome.

So essentially looks like we'll be playing NBA 2K14.75.

Can't wait.

# 60 Jhawkfootball06 @ 07/23/15 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'm deleting anything w/ CREW associated with it. Discuss what has been revealed or give a better description of what you'd like to see. It's getting old.
Then can you open back up the Official Crew Thread that the mods locked? You and the mods keep repeating about keeping any discussion about a Crew Mode out of these threads, and then you guys go and lock the official crew thread discussion. Be consistent.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.