Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 5 tight ends in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Rob Gronkowski (99 OVR)
  • Jimmy Graham (95 OVR)
  • Jason Witten (93 OVR)
  • Greg Olsen (92 OVR)
  • Travis Kelce (91 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 CM Hooe @ 07/24/15 07:25 PM
Indeed, please use the new thread for any discussion of FBGratings vs Madden NFL.

# 62 DeuceDouglas @ 07/24/15 07:40 PM
Glad to see Kelce get the love. He was a beast and as long as he stays healthy and doesn't fumble in the most ridiculous ways possible, he's going to be a stud. I'd like to see his speed being that Graham got 85. Wish they would get some better screenshots for these guys though. I know Kelce had a face scan from one of the E3 videos and was hoping to see that.

# 63 DerkontheOS @ 07/24/15 08:46 PM
So ahhhh... How many 90+ overall players are there going to be?

# 64 fitz2k2 @ 07/24/15 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
no way Witten should be that high.
this!!!!! I bet you if juilus Thomas was still a bronco.He would of replaced him ,but since hes a jag they didn't.smdh

# 65 The JareBear @ 07/24/15 09:12 PM
JT is an awful blocker. He isn't a top 5 TE overall. He's a top 5 pass catcher but his blocking lowers him a solid notch or two.

Bennett and Gates have better arguments than JT.

And Tiburon definitely doesn't have Bronco bias, Manning and DT both out of top 5

Just my opinion of course

# 66 stos5363 @ 07/24/15 10:30 PM
88 route running for Witten ?? U gotta be kidding me.one of the best te route runners in the league. Good riddens donny moore.

# 67 DerkontheOS @ 07/24/15 10:42 PM
What do you think they are going too release after tight ends?

# 68 DeuceDouglas @ 07/24/15 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
What do you think they are going too release after tight ends?
Offensive Lineman. I doubt they'll separate them into T's or G's but I'd assume that will be next.

# 69 Cowboy008 @ 07/24/15 10:50 PM
Maybe it's just me but I don't think any player should be a 99 overall.

# 70 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/24/15 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
JT is an awful blocker. He isn't a top 5 TE overall. He's a top 5 pass catcher but his blocking lowers him a solid notch or two.

Bennett and Gates have better arguments than JT.

And Tiburon definitely doesn't have Bronco bias, Manning and DT both out of top 5

Just my opinion of course

Finally some black unicorn love

# 71 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/24/15 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Maybe it's just me but I don't think any player should be a 99 overall.
That would be the perfect player, and I think JJ Watt is the most dominant player I've been old enough to watch every season, live. Dude can play all over the DLine and Outside LB, also goes in and catches TDs lol.

Other than that, I agree.

# 72 Find_the_Door @ 07/25/15 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stos5363
88 route running for Witten ?? U gotta be kidding me.one of the best te route runners in the league. Good riddens donny moore.
Actually it's a generous rating.

Witten should have 90+ Awareness, Catching, Release if anything. Route running isn't his strong suite. He gets so open because he reads the defense and finds the soft spot - he's better at that than anyone in the league. He's not getting a ton of separation off of his route running ability.

# 73 GarrisonGrant @ 07/25/15 01:27 AM
Kelce gets a 91 off a decent rookie season?? wow. If you honestly believe he's better than Julius Thomas, Vernon Davis, or Antonio Gates you're on drugs.

# 74 NC12 @ 07/25/15 01:35 AM
Let's take a trip back to the 199th pick in the 2000 draft... That should remind us right there not to base everything solely off of scouts.

# 75 briz1046 @ 07/25/15 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Marshall = 8.35 grade
Gronk = 8.18 grade

That's why.
I'd be interested to know what factor Gronks considerable injury history played in this grade ?

# 76 briz1046 @ 07/25/15 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12
Let's take a trip back to the 199th pick in the 2000 draft... That should remind us right there not to base everything solely off of scouts.
Certainly scouts , however well qualified ,are not infallible.
But until a better way to assess players appears it's the best we have
Stats for sure aren't that ( imagine Murray behind the jags o line etc) and whilst advanced metrics are in improvement they are only a better way to measure production not talent

# 77 bxphenom7 @ 07/25/15 11:27 AM
The best player doesn't always have to be 99 or so close EA smh

# 78 Sheba2011 @ 07/25/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
No. What is realistic is to keep the gap in the total score provided by the data in Madden, not to fudge the data to replicate Madden.

Data --> Madden

NOT

Madden --> Data

This whole point is to show that a guy like Watt is still WAY ABOVE the level of a guy like Gronk (99 to 82). I'm sorry if you can't wrap your brain around that, but the data doesn't lie.
Usually I agree with what most of you say but saying Watt is WAY ABOVE a guy like Gronk is one of the most absurd things I have ever read. They are both two of the most dominant players in the NFL today.

# 79 lowndsy @ 07/25/15 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Usually I agree with what most of you say but saying Watt is WAY ABOVE a guy like Gronk is one of the most absurd things I have ever read. They are both two of the most dominant players in the NFL today.

It is nt absurd, JJ has proved he can be a solid TE Gronkowski a stud TE but could he do watt JJ has done on D! No so Watt will have off skills and d skills so Ovr will obviously be better imo.

# 80 TOmuch81 @ 07/26/15 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
no way Witten should be that high.

I agree here. Witten has probably been my favorite player the past 10 years, but a 93 is too much for him. It almost feels like how Madden used to rate the older players who were on their way out of the game that were once great. Mainly a respect rating, IMO. I'd say 87-88 tops.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.