Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has revealed their Madden NFL 16 soundtrack details, you can listen to it here.

Quote:
In addition to the new soundtrack, EA SPORTS is teaming up with Spotify to offer a new Madden NFL profile on the streaming music service. Introduced in June, the profile currently features some of the greatest songs from the previous editions of the Madden NFL franchise. Tracks from the new soundtrack are now available on the Madden NFL Spotify profile, allowing fans to access their favorite songs anytime they like. Throughout the NFL season, fans can come back every week on “Madden Music Mondays” for fresh songs and artists, as well as special themed playlists hand-selected by NFL teams.

Read the full press release below.

Legendary Soundtrack Is Back With 30 Songs from Superstars & Breakthrough Artists, New Music from The Weeknd, Robert DeLong, LunchMoney Lewis & More

EA SPORTS today announced the full EA Trax soundtrack for Madden NFL 16, showcasing new music from a multi-genre roster of superstar acts and up-and-coming bands. In addition to new songs from The Weeknd, Yelawolf and Blackberry Smoke, the soundtrack also features world-premieres from new artists Brooke Candy, Jimi Charles Moody, LunchMoney Lewis, Robert DeLong and Youngblood Hawke.

“For the last few years, our Madden soundtracks focused on recreating the stadium experience,” explains Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “But with Madden NFL 16, we’ve now returned to our roots for introducing new artists and new music. This soundtrack is truly one of our most adventurous, and one we think fans will enjoy the mix of genres and artists we’ve included. Once again, ‘Madden Music’ will define the sound of the upcoming season.”

The full track list is below, with highlights for brand-new music. Fans can listen to the full play list here.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mauer4MVP @ 08/03/15 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Agree. My music roots are in 80s thrash metal. I grew up in the 90s but my parents were in their 20s in the 80s so growing up I listened to metal. I got into rap for a bit. But I grew up and matured and realized how silly it is. It's all the same.
Can't believe you just typed that...

If you think it's all the same then I don't think you were mature enough to comprehend it. I'm not even trying to be insulting. I'm really not. That was just a really simple-minded comment.

# 22 TexasFan2005 @ 08/03/15 09:28 PM
Nice playlist, Odyssey by No Wyld is great. I'm glad EA Trax is back

# 23 jpdavis82 @ 08/03/15 10:36 PM
I'm glad NF is on there, good to see a "Christian" rapper get some attention, there are actually some decent ones out there now. When I played only about 8-12 of these songs were in the game so I was a little disappointed then about the soundtrack honestly, but now that I see the full list it looks pretty good.

# 24 jtswag187 @ 08/04/15 03:24 AM
So glad to see King Los on the soundtrack

# 25 Sheba2011 @ 08/04/15 04:57 AM
I guess it's better than that one classical theme playing over and over again but I must be too old because I haven't heard of a single artist on here. Another year of mute and Google Play Music.

# 26 Find_the_Door @ 08/04/15 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonpanther
The only one i recognize is 21pilots. Ugh. We need more underøath, metal, rock, like in the 07/08 days. 11 had some good ones w acdc and stuff too. But the pop is horrednous, and limit the rap. Like 60% rock/metal, 40% rap
Thank you! Mötley Crue would've been appropriate - kick start my heart would've been an awesome song for Madden!

Shameful. Yelawolf? Seriously? I've never saw a more barf-inducing selection of an artist. Completely repulsive!

# 27 JaymeeAwesome @ 08/04/15 05:48 AM
....didn't the post say "superstars"? Where are they on the list? I honestly wish they didn't bother trying to bring back music if they weren't ready to pay the licensing fees for the good music they got back in the day.

# 28 JMD @ 08/04/15 06:11 AM
I'm proud to say I've never heard of any of those "bands", and as always music volume will be set to 0.

# 29 StillFunkyB @ 08/04/15 07:04 AM
I wish they would use songs that are played at the stadiums in real life. For example, "Welcome to the Jungle" by GnR in Cincinnati. Stuff like that.

Sports video games as a platform to debut new and upcoming music artists never made much sense to me.

# 30 brandon27 @ 08/04/15 07:23 AM
Looks like I'll be disabling the music. Never really heard of any of that stuff... Maybe I'll leave it on to give it a listen initially, but I almost always have ended up turning it off in the past since hearing the same select songs, over, and over, and over again gets really annoying, really fast. Not really a fan of soundtracks in games.

# 31 4thQtrStre5S @ 08/04/15 07:51 AM
No Slayer? smh

# 32 razorkaos @ 08/04/15 08:22 AM
wow, the only artist i know from the whole list is Modestep.

# 33 Mauer4MVP @ 08/04/15 08:58 AM
I just can't understand the, "I've never heard of any of those guys. I'm turning off the soundtrack" comments.

Isn't that a good thing that you haven't heard of them? Don't you want to discover new music?

# 34 OrganizedChaos @ 08/04/15 09:10 AM
No Godsmack? Guess I'll be passing on Madden this year.

# 35 TexasFan2005 @ 08/04/15 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
So.....the Stadium Sounds will now feature theze trax?.....if so...
Wait, so these songs are not to be played in the menus but rather in the stadiums and during games? If so, this is not a new or returning feature at all, as last year they had music playing in-stadium and after quarters.

# 36 brandon27 @ 08/04/15 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I just can't understand the, "I've never heard of any of those guys. I'm turning off the soundtrack" comments.

Isn't that a good thing that you haven't heard of them? Don't you want to discover new music?

Probably not, because most new music is awful these days. It's also probably not the type of music I enjoy listening to.

I get your point though. Like I said, for me, I'll probably leave it on. It will probably annoy me to no end within a week, and then it will be gone, same thing I did in all the previous years when they had real music as the sound track.

# 37 Sheba2011 @ 08/04/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP

When i am playing a sports game I don't want to be discovering new music from a mish mash of artists and genres. You may personally enjoy that, I do not. I would much rather hear songs I already know or songs that are played in actual NFL stadiums. Google Play gives me a limitless selection of music and the commentary is terrible so mute it and problem solved.

# 38 Mauer4MVP @ 08/04/15 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
When i am playing a sports game I don't want to be discovering new music from a mish mash of artists and genres. You may personally enjoy that, I do not. I would much rather hear songs I already know or songs that are played in actual NFL stadiums. Google Play gives me a limitless selection of music and the commentary is terrible so mute it and problem solved.

I guess why does it matter if you discover it while playing a sports game? Music is so influential and can be discovered in any setting. Movie, commercial, video game, etc.

I guess if I wanted to listen to music I already knew I would throw a record on the turntable.

To each their own, though.

# 39 Mauer4MVP @ 08/04/15 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Probably not, because most new music is awful these days. It's also probably not the type of music I enjoy listening to.

I get your point though. Like I said, for me, I'll probably leave it on. It will probably annoy me to no end within a week, and then it will be gone, same thing I did in all the previous years when they had real music as the sound track.
I can guarantee you you'd like a lot of new music today. You probably just haven't heard it. That's the best part about music today. There are enough listeners and so many more channels for tons of types of different music to be created and heard. It's not just radio, live show, and MTV anymore.

Music is a product of its' past in a lot of ways with a new twist or understanding.

Again, that's fine if you think that.

# 40 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/04/15 12:43 PM
Picky picky

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.