Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Visual Concepts' Community Managers, Chris Manning and Ronnie Singh, just finished their regular Tuesday Twitch stream. This week, the duo discussed NBA 2K16's plans for Germany's upcoming Gamescom convention, plus they answered several community questions about the recently revealed 2K Pro-Am mode.

If you don't want to watch the entire 47-minute broadcast, here is a summary of the stream:

Notes
  • The 2K Pro-Am mode will have "eSports elements," which will be discussed in more detail at a later date.

• There won't be any "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am mode, even in the 40-person arena. Ronnie said that all the player icons moving around NBA 2K15's Rec Center were causing the lag in that mode, not the 40-person player load.

• The developers are making sure that the fill-in AI players on 2K Pro-Am mode will be "mediocre," so that lineups with more human players will always have a competitive advantage.

• The "ELO" leaderboard system is designed to reward teams who are beating other highly ranked teams. Wins against low-ranked teams won't count as much.

• 2K's marketing schedule is "really, really close" to releasing NBA 2K16's first gameplay videos. Some screenshots of the cover athletes (James Harden, Stephen Curry, and Anthony Davis) will appear on Facebook tonight at 9:00 PM PST.

• More of the new historic teams that have been added to NBA 2K16 will be announced later this week. The 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors, 2000-2001 Los Angeles Lakers, and 2007-2008 Boston Celtics have already been revealed.

• There is no playable NBA 2K16 demo at Gamescom this year. Ronnie's reasoning for this decision was that the gamers attending this conference generally are not NBA fans.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Shakedowncapo @ 08/04/15 10:58 PM
Would be great to get a side by side comparison of the cover athletes to see the body scan feature in effect.

# 22 jyoung @ 08/04/15 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Sprewell and Houston, please.
Charlie Ward, Marcus Camby, and Kurt Thomas, as well.

They've already got Larry Johnson and Patrick Ewing in 2K15.

You can already make a pretty good Heat team for those Knicks to battle, since Majerle, Mashburn, Eddie Jones, Tim Hardaway, Zo, and Anthony Mason are in 2K15.

# 23 lakers24 @ 08/04/15 11:05 PM
I'm gonna say it right now, lower your expectations regarding noticing a difference in the body scans from the pics tonight. AD has that wiry frame that'll look really similar to 2k15, and Curry isn't a large guy either (I just want to see his updated CF with hair). Harden is the one that should be the deciding factor unless they only have a pic of his head. In either case I hope they updated his hair since he has had more of a fauxhawk than a mohawk the last couple years (same with Dwight idk why they gave him a flattop).

# 24 midwestking100 @ 08/04/15 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Sprewell and Houston, please.
what about Sprewell and Hardaway: 1994 Golden State Warriors.

# 25 Crystar500 @ 08/04/15 11:34 PM
Hmm... Mediocre players. Like, the "John Davis" guys on the legend teams? Or what? Don't be putting Kwame on my team, 2K!

Excited to hear what classic teams will be announced soon.

# 26 sactown_13 @ 08/05/15 01:44 AM
Love that OpSports was thrown out so many times. Great community and its being shown. Applause

# 27 midwestking100 @ 08/05/15 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
ADDITIONAL historic teams.
THIS is what put a huge smile onto my face. I am holding down my hype for later.

# 28 grodbetatted @ 08/05/15 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Live and 2k missing from GAMESCOM this year smh now we have to wait for almost release to see gameplay
live is at gamescom im confused as to where you got that its not from lol

# 29 GradyMac @ 08/05/15 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
not the biggest online player, so im not a fan of the idea of cpu teammates being "mediocre"; unless thats based on the quality of players chosen vs players getting watered down.
I don't think this will have an impact on you if you don't play online.

This is necessary online for Crew/PROAM, because you don't want people with 3 humans and 2 AI players to have an advantage over a team with 5 humans.

# 30 kdurantmvp @ 08/05/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystar500
Hmm... Mediocre players. Like, the "John Davis" guys on the legend teams? Or what? Don't be putting Kwame on my team, 2K!

Excited to hear what classic teams will be announced soon.

Hope I can get Shawn Bradley on my team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 31 sactown_13 @ 08/05/15 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
I have a feeling the throwback team will be a reggie miller team since they are taking that info to gamescom and want to make it big
Reggie makes a lot of sense. Maybe Chuck's Suns?

# 32 jackzagal @ 08/05/15 10:05 PM
Quote:
The developers are making sure that the fill-in AI players on 2K Pro-Am mode will be "mediocre," so that lineups with more human players will always have a competitive advantage.
I don't like that word too much, but I understand they should give a full 5-member lineup some kind of advantadge over 3/4-member lineups. I hope it's not too "mediocre" and let that competitive advantage be too high. We don't want to CPU players to be "gods of basketball", but we also don't want to be scrubs that don't even know how to play. A good balance is key, hopefully they will deliver.

# 33 redsox4evur @ 08/05/15 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Reggie makes a lot of sense. Maybe Chuck's Suns?
Chuck's not going to be in because he hates how the PA treats retired players. The only reason he was in that 1 time was because Jay-Z convinced him to do it.

# 34 Jrocc23 @ 08/06/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
I don't like that word too much, but I understand they should give a full 5-member lineup some kind of advantadge over 3/4-member lineups. I hope it's not too "mediocre" and let that competitive advantage be too high. We don't want to CPU players to be "gods of basketball", but we also don't want to be scrubs that don't even know how to play. A good balance is key, hopefully they will deliver.

I agree. I wish they would have stuck with the NBA player route. I like seeing the lineups teams used. And the 5 users vs 3 already had an advantage. Kind of silly to dumb them down. Seems like your MP definitely won't need to be subbed based on this news though.

I never found the CPU "Gods" or "grabbing every rebound" or etc no matter if it was CPU LeBron or Deandre Jordan. Never been scorched by a CPU player in all the teamups, crew games and etc I've played. Never. The CPU is like on all star difficultly lol. Any good player with most likely a 90+ rated MP was abusing the CPU in any kind of way and most CPU would be passing it anyways because the users would be calling for the ball lol.

Like I've stated before, the only negatives about CPU is they are somewhat psychic on D and can be a pain to get past because they know where you're going for the most part. And most people for those empty slots would have a Jimmy Butler or Deandre Jordan CPU because the defense is all they are really valuable for.

Anxious to see how the CPU players are. Hopefully, "mediocre"'means they can at least guard somewhat and knock down a shot when they are open. Watch and see. Most teams won't be playing w/ 5 players anyways. Just not what people really do. Was very rare even back in 10 and 11. Still rarely even see it in organized teamups. It's just not as fun for everyone mainly because it's most likely 5-6 min quarters.

# 35 Cleve07103 @ 08/06/15 10:19 AM
Does anyone know who the CPU will play as in the proam? Will they just be a random made up player or a random NBA player? They did say there will not be any NBA players in the proam, so i dont get it

# 36 Scramz718 @ 08/06/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I agree. I wish they would have stuck with the NBA player route. I like seeing the lineups teams used. And the 5 users vs 3 already had an advantage. Kind of silly to dumb them down. Seems like your MP definitely won't need to be subbed based on this news though.

I never found the CPU "Gods" or "grabbing every rebound" or etc no matter if it was CPU LeBron or Deandre Jordan. Never been scorched by a CPU player in all the teamups, crew games and etc I've played. Never. The CPU is like on all star difficultly lol. Any good player with most likely a 90+ rated MP was abusing the CPU in any kind of way and most CPU would be passing it anyways because the users would be calling for the ball lol.

Like I've stated before, the only negatives about CPU is they are somewhat psychic on D and can be a pain to get past because they know where you're going for the most part. And most people for those empty slots would have a Jimmy Butler or Deandre Jordan CPU because the defense is all they are really valuable for.

Anxious to see how the CPU players are. Hopefully, "mediocre"'means they can at least guard somewhat and knock down a shot when they are open. Watch and see. Most teams won't be playing w/ 5 players anyways. Just not what people really do. Was very rare even back in 10 and 11. Still rarely even see it in organized teamups. It's just not as fun for everyone mainly because it's most likely 5-6 min quarters.

The fact that it was such a rarity shows it really wasn't much of a advantage. This year if the CPU really is "mediocre" you'll see more teams running with 5.

I wish you can earn badges and attributes unlocks playing ProAm. They really need to separate this from MyCareer. I don't care for MyCareer and really shouldn't have to put 20 plus hr into a mode I don't like. That doesn't make any sense to me.

# 37 Jrocc23 @ 08/06/15 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
The fact that it was such a rarity shows it really wasn't much of a advantage. This year if the CPU really is "mediocre" you'll see more teams running with 5.

I wish you can earn badges and attributes unlocks playing ProAm. They really need to separate this from MyCareer. I don't care for MyCareer and really shouldn't have to put 20 plus hr into a mode I don't like. That doesn't make any sense to me.

It was an advantage back then. And the CPU wasn't even "mediocre" then, they were pretty bad especially on offense. Decent on defense. No matter if it was Kobe, Bron or etc. Most just used big men, but my team used McGee for blocks against big men. 5 easily had an advantage but a lot of people don't like running 5s in a 5-6 minute length.

Specially since it's leaderboards, I think most teams will run 3s and split up to get more Ws at a faster pace. Like 2K11. Just a much better experience that way. But we'll see. Still have to see how 2K set up the mode and if more games than one could be started by a crew, which it should be.

# 38 Scramz718 @ 08/09/15 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
It was an advantage back then. And the CPU wasn't even "mediocre" then, they were pretty bad especially on offense. Decent on defense. No matter if it was Kobe, Bron or etc. Most just used big men, but my team used McGee for blocks against big men. 5 easily had an advantage but a lot of people don't like running 5s in a 5-6 minute length.

Specially since it's leaderboards, I think most teams will run 3s and split up to get more Ws at a faster pace. Like 2K11. Just a much better experience that way. But we'll see. Still have to see how 2K set up the mode and if more games than one could be started by a crew, which it should be.

I hope they match teams up base on user.
Getting more games in is defiantly going to play a factor in how many teams run 5s. If you got 5 you can most like find one more and run two groups of 3s.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.