Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed their partnership with Stance Hoops, the official sock endorser for the NBA. They released a quick NBA 2K16 video on Instagram with James Harden sporting the Stance socks.

2K is aware Harden signed with Adidas yesterday. (Ronnie2K, LD2K)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 getzmunney @ 08/14/15 08:13 PM
Let's hope the art team fixed the Greatest of all time, Michael Jordan.

# 62 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/14/15 09:36 PM
Cuz I think those are longer Knee pads not Knee Sleeves .

# 63 juicey79 @ 08/14/15 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
Has no one else noticed?? the shoe strings are no longer painted on graphics? they seem to be independent now or at least they remove from the shoe now
Yes and they bounce too...take a look at the jump

# 64 Gilley @ 08/14/15 10:08 PM
I don't understand people sometimes. They ask for more attention to detail, yet complain when little things like this are added as if it's taking away from the gameplay. It just doesn't make any sense.

# 65 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/14/15 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
No they're not.

Who cares honestly , if it's going to bother that much just out the compression sleeves on him

# 66 hesko @ 08/14/15 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It's literally like the twilight zone in this forum

The same sentences typed over and again every year to the tee.

Now THAT is impressive
Can we make a thread dedicated to that? J/k

# 67 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/14/15 11:22 PM
Quote:
Who cares? Many, obviously.

It's all about realism. So why wouldn't they make things as real as possible? In 2k15, the sleeves actually looked better. These are just way too thick, it looks strange. The cankles is an issue again this year. NBA players are very long and slim, yet 2K still can't get this right.

And the whole "who cares" stuff is getting old. I don't play the park, so should I go around saying "who cares" to people who have issues with that, or anything else for that matter?

And as long as posters are discussing stuff in a respectful manner, then what's the problem?

Hey 2K, I'll work for free if you wanna hire me for the art department. I'll be resident advisor.

I mean I care to a certain degree but the thickness in the knee pads were there are other gear I could replace it with because it looks " slimmer " I won't complain and hope they improve it next season . IMO what you're currently talking about isn't a dire issue .

# 68 King_B_Mack @ 08/14/15 11:43 PM
The knee pads are a bit thick, the legs you're reaching on though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 phenom2311 @ 08/14/15 11:57 PM
Quote:
Lots of promising stuff for sure, but again...and not to beat a dead horse...how hard is it to get players' legs correct?? Is the body scanning thing a farce? Even without body scanning, it shouldn't be hard at all to get things like this correct. I don't wanna call it lazy, but whoever is in charge of some of this art-related stuff definitely lacks attention to detail. Just compare Harden's ankles here. No excuse.

And those knee sleeves...holy man. Why are they so flippin' thick? That isn 't how they look, at all.

That is what stood out the most to me. Love the fact that they have those socks in there, but absolutely hate the look of the legs and those calf/knee sleeves. Where is his ankle? It goes leg, then foot LOL. Not even the right length and proportion. Like you said, how hard is it to get the legs correct? I'll take it a step further... how hard is it to get player models from top to bottom accurate and correct? It's not like there isn't enough points of reference they can look at. Is the art team working on player models being blindfolded? Even before body scanning (which I have yet to see traces of), there is no excuse to not have multiple player models/body types that resembled actual basketball players. Wouldn't even really need body scanning if they had never taken out adjustable sliders for various body parts like they had way back in the very first NBA 2K's. If they were able to do it then, clearly they could do it now... right?

# 70 Hardhitta5hun @ 08/15/15 12:41 AM
Did anyone notice james harden tucking his lips in when he's cooking attention to detail is crazy this year

# 71 Taer @ 08/15/15 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Good thing the art team and gameplay teams focus on TWO different things.
This is awesome news! Hopefully, this will stop some people from going crazy over things they don't need to go crazy over.

With that being said: Can you please tell the pr/promo/advertising teams that the slow drip-drip strategy is starting to turn a few people off?

I'm trying to convince a few friends to budget for or to pre-order this year's title but without any concrete gameplay details and any in-depth details on the modes they are interested, they are all in "wait-and-see" mode or still thinking of waiting until next year.

# 72 mlb08 @ 08/15/15 04:40 AM
Looks pretty fake

# 73 J_Posse @ 08/15/15 05:16 AM
Well, I'm hoping this image isn't indicative of the quality of shoes well get in 2K16. The shoe looks low-res and isn't even accurate to real life.

Real Life:

In Game:

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 74 apollon42 @ 08/15/15 06:00 AM
I love the details that 2k puts into their games. 2k is by far my favorite sports game.

# 75 Luke Skywalker @ 08/15/15 08:29 AM
I wonder if we can make our own socks now. Can't wait to make the New Jersey Nets socks with the alternate "NJ" logo. September 25th HURRY UP!!!!

# 76 tril @ 08/15/15 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I used to think the same way. Until I realized there are tons of people out there who think the exact same way about running plays, rim physics, player tendencies, etc.

There's levels to SimNation
good point.
I really hope the wrinkles on the elbows is a joke though.
dont get me wrong, its great to see that 2k has that much attention to detail in games, but
I never imagined, gamers would pay attention to this type of thing.

# 77 hesko @ 08/15/15 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Well, I'm hoping this image isn't indicative of the quality of shoes well get in 2K16. The shoe looks low-res and isn't even accurate to real life.

Real Life:

In Game:

Did you check the nike x fragment design ones? those in games are accurate. You can even see the fragment design logo in the opening on the heel counter.

# 78 eko718 @ 08/15/15 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Low res is the general feel I'm getting from the overall player textures from what we've seen thusfar.

# 79 hesko @ 08/15/15 10:56 AM
some of y'all aint sneakerheads... so...http://http://www.kicksonfire.com/20...ab-hyperchase/

# 80 J_Posse @ 08/15/15 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
some of y'all aint sneakerheads... so...http://http://www.kicksonfire.com/20...ab-hyperchase/
Invalid link, my man.

Pardon my ignorance, but you are correct.

http://sneakernews.com/2015/02/10/th...sign-revealed/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.