Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has added the '07-'08 Boston Celtics (previously revealed) and '12-'13 Miami Heat to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 8 of them have now been confirmed.

Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers
Two more teams will be revealed next Thursday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 JazzMan @ 08/28/15 03:42 PM
Should have the 2011-2012 Bobcats in. What a historic team.

# 202 redsox4evur @ 08/28/15 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Should have the 2011-2012 Bobcats in. What a historic team.
Nah the '13-'14 76ers...GOAT team.

# 203 dubcity @ 08/28/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballJunkie
The Suns & Nets have to be in, and I'd like to see the '09 Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 Magic one of the worst teams to come out of the East in recent memory, tho. But if the 07-08 Rockets get in, I guess it makes sense. All about hype, nostalgia and unfulfilled potential.

# 204 fufo @ 08/28/15 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
No it doesn't. 07-08 Rockets are in because of Yao & T-mac, two classic players. 09 Magic was just Dwight with a bunch of role players who are still playing or on a classic team already (Rafer, Jameer, Turkoglu, Rashard etc.). Those 02 and 03 Nets teams would be the worst though, nothing memorable about them and I don't even know how bad the East must have been for them to make the finals two years in a row with that horrible roster.

You're basically saying prime Jason Kidd was not memorable but 07-08 Tmac who avg'ed 21 points with 41% fg %29 3p and also a horrible %68 free throw shooting "classic".

I'd rather play with K-Mart.

2k will probably give ridiculous ratings to TMac but 08' T-Mac is actually trash. With those stats and his decline coming i would give him at most 87-88.

# 205 dubcity @ 08/28/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufo
2k will probably give ridiculous ratings to TMac but 08' T-Mac is actually trash. With those stats and his decline coming i would give him at most 87-88.

True. They'll magically give him his 2002 knees and skills back.

# 206 CookNBA03 @ 08/28/15 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Yeah because your last 2 comments didn't contribute to the "cluttering" of this thread. Ppl that do what you did is actually more annoying. If you're happy with the two team then why you keep coming back to this thread.

Don't reply and continue the cluttering of thread.
Yes because 2 comments is equal 5 complaints from the same people but I'm done with this. I keep coming back because there's still four teams to be speculated about.

The '05 Suns HAVE to be one of the remaining four teams. I highly doubt there's any Reggie Pacer teams, Webber Kings teams, or Barkley Suns. Could it be the Spurs(03/05/07) as the other West team? I'm stuck on the remaining two East teams though.

# 207 Jordanmike6 @ 08/28/15 04:46 PM
Heat 13 is a futur classic team not a classic team!! Lol

# 208 VDusen04 @ 08/28/15 04:54 PM
Quote:
No it doesn't. 07-08 Rockets are in because of Yao & T-mac, two classic players. 09 Magic was just Dwight with a bunch of role players who are still playing or on a classic team already (Rafer, Jameer, Turkoglu, Rashard etc.). Those 02 and 03 Nets teams would be the worst though, nothing memorable about them and I don't even know how bad the East must have been for them to make the finals two years in a row with that horrible roster.
Those Nets teams were definitely shallow (sorry, Lucious Harris & Aaron Williams) but if 2K found a means of replicating Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson, and Kenyon Martin, I think there could be a lot of potential there. A virtual Kenyon Martin that dunks as righteously as its real-life counterpart, complete with signature jersey grab and yell, would be a delight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLYPSM8Omk

# 209 CookNBA03 @ 08/28/15 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Those Nets teams were definitely shallow (sorry, Lucious Harris & Aaron Williams) but if 2K found a means of replicating Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson, and Kenyon Martin, I think there could be a lot of potential there. A virtual Kenyon Martin that dunks as righteously as its real-life counterpart, complete with signature jersey grab and yell, would be a delight.

Was that a shoe cam?

Edit: Never mind, floor cam.

# 210 eko718 @ 08/28/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
We shouldn't get worked up over the term classic, but here's my point about why for example the 07-08 Rockets work as opposed to these two: T-mac & Yao are great players who had some great years together. T-mac is in as a rookie but was much better as a Rocket obviously, though already on the decline. Still it's a memorable team because of the streak and apparently highly requested. Both are classic players so I love the fact they put this one in.

07-08 Celtics were a great team, but with most players still in the game and only a few who contributed are missing so create them and you could easily make this one. This is even more so for the 12-13 Heat and to me personally this one is a total waste, since there are a lot more interesting Heat teams of the past or even Lebron teams of the past.
Having the '12-'13 Heat doesn't necessarily mean the '05-'06 Heat(probably the other likely Heat team to be included) will not be in the game. And what a person thinks is 'interesting' is relative, but there are very few other teams in league history that impacted the league as profoundly as the Wade, Lebron, Bosh Heat, and sold out damn near every arena in which they played. Not only that, but they were one of the best teams in league history on many fronts, and threatened all-time records in the process.

As far as Cavs teams being more interesting, Lebron had not been on a better team till that point in his NBA career...that seems to be common knowledge. None of his Cavs teams were even close to as good as what he had on the Heat.

Where 2K is adding 12 'classic' teams from the past 15 years, I don't know how they could consider excluding the Wade, Lebron, Bosh Heat.

Moving on, I just hope that one of the two remaining Eastern teams is the '05-'06 Heat, the '04-'05 Suns would be nice too.

# 211 GSW @ 08/28/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

That Nets team would be hella fun to play with.

# 212 GSW @ 08/28/15 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
OS has to be careful not to become exclusively the 35 and over message board. ROTFLOL!

It's a good team. I understand the argumetns against it but every new team is a welcome addition to me.
These dudes complaining about the Heat are trippin' that will be a fun team to use, especially with the new ratings adjustments.

# 213 ojandpizza @ 08/28/15 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrtyRedd
God Mode LBJ is back, so his overall has to be above a 94 right?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If they want it accurate then yes. He's the only player I know of who in a stretch of 2 seasons led his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and shooting percentages. While defending 5 positions on the court during various times, one year finishing 2nd in the league in spot up 3 point shooting (was first through December) and the next year finished first in the league in posting scoring efficiencies. About as well-rounded or complete of a player as you could possibly ask for.

They said MJ was the only 99 (I think?), he's got to be 97-98 range. No reason he shouldn't be.

# 214 ojandpizza @ 08/28/15 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
I would actually pay for classic teams a-la-cart if that was the only way to get those teams

Same, I would love for some extra teams via DLC to be available.

# 215 BaseballJunkie @ 08/28/15 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
09 Magic one of the worst teams to come out of the East in recent memory, tho. But if the 07-08 Rockets get in, I guess it makes sense. All about hype, nostalgia and unfulfilled potential.

That's just a personal wish...I live in Orlando [emoji1]

# 216 BaseballJunkie @ 08/28/15 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Can you confirm that they've all been mentioned in this thread?

Pretty much every team that finished above.500 in the last 15 years has been mentioned in this thread.

# 217 schnakenpopanz @ 08/28/15 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hey, you're talking to a Spurs fan man....I will NEVER forgive that team....winning the chip the next year made it better but I have a certain disdain for that particular team even though I'm a fan of LeBron in general. I'm not thrilled about the entry but I do think it fits into this "best teams of the 2000's" theme they're going with...don't let the inclusion of one team ruin it for you. I won't let all these Lakers teams ruin it for me, lol
Ask us Suns Fans lol. We had really really a hard time as Suns supporters

# 218 raidertiger @ 08/29/15 01:14 AM
Yes! Really wanted the 12-13 Heat in the game but never thought they'd be in.

I don't care if it is 2 years old, it's a classic team that is easy to add. Personally I'm a fan of adding in all recent classic or memorable teams from the last 4 years, it seems cheap and easy to add and it helps with longetivity of the game.

# 219 Whaaaazuuuuup @ 08/29/15 03:05 PM
their called classical team based off what?? the 85-86 Bull are still in the game based off Jordan 63 point performance vs the Celtics. otherwise a 30-52 team should be considered classic...

being a huge Jordan fan i cant believed i just typed that..

# 220 eko718 @ 08/29/15 05:07 PM
The '99-'00 Knicks would be a solid team. Sprewell, LJ, Ewing, Houston, and Camby amongst others. Went to the ECF that year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.