Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Greg Anthony will join Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg as the 3 man commentary team for NBA 2K16, as reported by our own Dustin Toms.

Greg will replace Steve Kerr, who was coaching the Golden State Warriors and commentating in NBA 2K15 at the same time. He is a super talented multitasker.

Other notes from Dustin, as he gets hands-on time with NBA 2K16 today. (More to come)
  • New Playoff structure will ship day one with #NBA2K16. No patch needed.
  • Straight from @Beluba: "Foot planting has been completely redone."
  • Between-quarter interviews during games. John Henson just talked about how he can improve this season.
  • Just finished Milwaukee vs. Atlanta (CPU). Defense much more refined...makes you play harder and smarter.
  • One quarter into Cavs vs. Kings (CPU). Difference between CLE's quickness and MIL's length very apparent.
  • Nice lob pass from Love to JR. Smith followed the pass from over the shoulder.
  • TONS of updated player hairstyles in NBA 2K16 from summer. Sounds like CAP could be in for a treat.
  • Players had COMPLETE body scans into the game. Yes, even legs.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Dyslexicphish @ 09/10/15 06:50 PM
I was hoping for a new commentary team of Magic and Bill Walton but I guess this will do.

# 42 redsox4evur @ 09/10/15 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
A bunch of 23 tweet posts that I can't read

It's like free agency all over again :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24 just stop using taptalk man...it's not helping you at all.

# 43 Pyzzle @ 09/10/15 06:50 PM
First time poster, sup y'all, I figured this was as good a place as any to post this. I'm not sure if this has ever been talked about, and I'm sure some people would probably be opposed to this, but what if 2k auditioned their very own broadcast crew? I'm not a big fan of the guys they've got in the booth these days(mainly Kellogg and now Greg Anthony) anyway. With their own team, they probably wouldn't have to pay as much, and the commentary could end up being much more dynamic because they'll be able to work more with the team(maybe we could even submit first and last names to the team, so people with uncommon names don't have to be called by their myPlayer's nickname). It would also be beneficial for the commentary team to get their foot in the door for possible network gigs thanks to 2k's large audience. I'd prefer TNT licensing, but this, in my opinion would be the next best thing. What do you think?

# 44 Teddy_Long @ 09/10/15 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Well he didn't say everyone so he probably could've added 99.9 percent sure they did full body scans
might want to go about 98 percent:

# 45 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/15 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
24 just stop using taptalk man...it's not helping you at all.

No one tells me what to do

# 46 Goffs @ 09/10/15 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long

really? lol
This animation bugs me...this is where the defender automatically jumps up and there's nothing you can do. I really hope this doesn't happen too often.

# 47 redsox4evur @ 09/10/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
No one tells me what to do

Just trying to help you get all this news man.

# 48 reptilexcq @ 09/10/15 06:56 PM
Terrible choice imo. Hubie Brown would have been perfect. Or even Jeff Van Gundy. Those guys are analysts and perfect replacing for Steve Kerr.

But.....
I never like Steve Kerr anyway. So any one replacing him will be all good. Yes, even Anthony > Kerr in my book lol...just saying.

# 49 blingballa333 @ 09/10/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Terrible choice imo. Hubie Brown would have been perfect. Or even Jeff Van Gundy. Those guys are analysts and perfect replacing for Steve Kerr.
Hubie Brown....really? Old man can't even pronounce names right and sounds extremely crotchety.

Jeff Van Gundy, on the other hand, is in NBA Live already isn't he? Or was he? Either way he would have been a good choice too.

# 50 23 @ 09/10/15 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Hubie Brown....really? Old man can't even pronounce names right and sounds extremely crotchety.

Jeff Van Gundy, on the other hand, is in NBA Live already isn't he? Or was he? Either way he would have been a good choice too.
Van Gundy works for ESPN. Im not even sure why his name is even being brought up?

# 51 redsox4evur @ 09/10/15 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Van Gundy works for ESPN. Im not even sure why his name is even being brought up?
To be fair, so doesn't Doris Burke.

# 52 23 @ 09/10/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
To be fair, so doesn't Doris Burke.
That's not being fair because she's not a contracted commentator she's a sideline reporter

# 53 NINJAK2 @ 09/10/15 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq

But.....
I never like Steve Kerr anyway. So any one replacing him will be all good. Yes, even Anthony > Kerr in my book lol...just saying.

I'm with you there. I was really hoping on him. Oh well, Greg is solid as well but these guys are only as good as how much time/effort they are willing to put into the booth to record. Hopefully Greg is up to the challenge.

# 54 strawberryshortcake @ 09/10/15 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Ugh.... the master of monotones.. really? Nothing is more boring then listening to Greg Anthony talk like a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
That's fine but he's boring as hell.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
2k sports always does great with commentary regardless of who it is. I have also found commentary to be one of their biggest strengths. Whatever 2k does with their proprietary commentary technology is on another level. I always feel at home listening to a 2k video game broadcast even with their MLB2k baseball series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyzzle
First time poster, sup y'all, I figured this was as good a place as any to post this. I'm not sure if this has ever been talked about, and I'm sure some people would probably be opposed to this, but what if 2k auditioned their very own broadcast crew? I'm not a big fan of the guys they've got in the booth these days(mainly Kellogg and now Greg Anthony) anyway. With their own team, they probably wouldn't have to pay as much, and the commentary could end up being much more dynamic because they'll be able to work more with the team(maybe we could even submit first and last names to the team, so people with uncommon names don't have to be called by their myPlayer's nickname). It would also be beneficial for the commentary team to get their foot in the door for possible network gigs thanks to 2k's large audience. I'd prefer TNT licensing, but this, in my opinion would be the next best thing. What do you think?
At this point in the game, staying with traditional TV personalities is the way to go. Fans expects this. It simply breathes more authenticity into the broadcast. I definitely hear what you're saying though. Plus, it be a lot easier to update commentary lines throughout the year when the voice actors are there in their backyard. Had 2k started with voice actors (a la NFL2k) then maybe, just maybe backyard personalities would work.

# 55 lakers24 @ 09/10/15 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This animation bugs me...this is where the defender automatically jumps up and there's nothing you can do. I really hope this doesn't happen too often.
It also could be be the conservative jump. Remember, you can manually jump vertically or aggressively try to block this year.

# 56 RocketTMac1 @ 09/10/15 07:20 PM
I can dig G.A.

# 57 GSW @ 09/10/15 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
So it was before the incident that 2k solicited him for his services?
This one made me laugh out loud.

nice.

# 58 Junior Moe @ 09/10/15 07:25 PM
I haven't heard a lot from Greg Anthony but the few games I have heard he sounds fine. Nothing spectacular, but nothing annoying. He's good and I know 2K will implement him well. I think I will enjoy him, if for no other reason than the fact that he will freshen things up a bit. 2K has added more to this game in a single year than I could have ever thought possible...and they aren't even done yet. I'm exhausted man.

# 59 LingeringRegime @ 09/10/15 07:27 PM
I can't handle Kellogg another year I'm sorry. That little whistle he has in his speech impediment drives me insane.

It would be nice if 2K would follow in SCEA's footsteps and allow you to turn down the volume of the individual commentators.

# 60 Goffs @ 09/10/15 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It also could be be the conservative jump. Remember, you can manually jump vertically or aggressively try to block this year.
It looks like a two man animation to me...which favors the offense more...I will see once I get my hands on the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.