Home
FIFA 16 News Post

Some folks are concerned that the speed of the gameplay in the retail version of FIFA 16 is faster -- or will be faster -- than that of the FIFA 16 demo. So what we did is put the games side by side in the same environment.

We have Chelsea vs. Manchester City at night on Professional difficulty. The audio for the left video is in the left ear, the audio for the right video is in the right ear.

So, do you see any differences?

If you want, you can also Subscribe to our YouTube channel after checking out the video.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ChaseB @ 09/18/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
For reference. I only play UT h2h seasons and tourneys. I never play against CPU. And I also would like to add I probably play guys with HIGH elo. So my competition maybe a bit skewed at the moment considering its early access.
I don't think you're entirely unjust in your opinion, but on some level I do think it might just be you're finding guys really good at FIFA as a whole. For a point of reference, I played someone last night who did what you described and handled him easily 3-1. Now I did go to elevated through balls a decent amount, but more because he was opening up huge swathes of real estate by playing this psycho style so I just would play the ball into space to avoid the chaos.

My general feeling so far is that yes the defending is still too hyperactive in the online environment, which leads to too many collisions and wild physicality (though there are more fouls for sure). However, giving up that much open space by being a psycho aggressive player is opening up more lanes than in the past, and I do think it's harder to recover. Stamina still does need to matter more as well in these online games, no argument there.

# 22 SpritePuck @ 09/18/15 02:45 PM
I am just going to say it. A sports game will never be developed that when played online against other humans has real hardcore sim quality.

In my opinion FIFA 16 is the best FIFA to date. Online it is going to be explioted just as every sports game ever has been and will be.

The AI improvements are less noticble when someone else takes control of your opponent and stops the AI from doing all the good things it does when left on its own to do them.

# 23 takki @ 09/18/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
are missing the point of the comparison...

there has been a contingent of people on here that have been crying foul that the demo felt "right" and that the retail version was sped up and completely changed.

this comparison is to directly address those "concerns". as we see in the video, it was 100% placebo effect.
Nobody ever complained about the H2H or "Exhibition" gameplay. It was perfect in the demo and if you watched streams of youtubers who got the game early, it was easy to see that they didn't change anything.

It's the FUT gameplay that they changed from the demo build to the current pre-release build they have now.

I didn't miss anything. I'm pointing out that this comparison is pointing out something we already knew. They didn't touch the exhibition gameplay. It's the FUT gameplay that they changed and what the community was whining about.

# 24 speedtrucker @ 09/18/15 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
Nobody ever complained about the H2H or "Exhibition" gameplay. It was perfect in the demo and if you watched streams of youtubers who got the game early, it was easy to see that they didn't change anything.

It's the FUT gameplay that they changed from the demo build to the current pre-release build they have now.

I didn't miss anything. I'm pointing out that this comparison is pointing out something we already knew. They didn't touch the exhibition gameplay. It's the FUT gameplay that they changed and what the community was whining about.
I still think you are missing the point... this video wasn't addressing FUT. if ChaseB decides to tackle the changes to FUT with a side by side Demo vs Retail then that will address the potential problems with FUT. (which I'm not saying aren't potentially valid)

and yes there has been a large contingent of people on here and EA forums that have come out and said that the Demo exhibition(not just FUT) was a slower pace than the retail version. in a different thread, ChaseB addressed this and that is why we have this video and thread.

so again, there might be 100% difference between FUT speeds in user v user matchups but this video was to address something different.

# 25 ChaseB @ 09/18/15 03:56 PM
I can't properly compare FUT in the demo to retail, especially because it's H2H FUT where the concerns are. Like, it's not really possible.

# 26 SpritePuck @ 09/18/15 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I can't properly compare FUT in the demo to retail, especially because it's H2H FUT where the concerns are. Like, it's not really possible.
Chase refusing to do the impossible again. He probs adheres to the laws of physics and puts his socks on one foot at a time also....

Just when I was starting to think he was super hero like for making these awesome vids... He shows he is a human, a super cool FIFA knowledge sharing human, but still lives within the realm of possble.

# 27 ncaafootball14markus @ 09/19/15 10:56 AM
just got the full game yesterday...

i will say that the computer AI does indeed play different and SMARTER than the demo on BOTH sides of the ball, making it pretty difficult to score goals. Ground through balls do work, you just need to know how much to press....soft taps can get your through balls through small gaps because it will place them through more of a diagonal. However, if you just PRESS on the through ball, it's more straight and fast, and the defender will intercept. You should only PRESS or HOLD when you're doing long through balls and can see a huge gap.

But yes, I REALLY like this new FIFA 16. It's damn well close to the real game. People will be frustrated by this iteration because you do have to be patient. In fifa 15 (a game i played all year, logging hundreds of games against computer), i would maybe lose ONE game on world class, once every 30 games. Now, LOL, i'm struggling to win 1 out of every 5. Don't expect huge 5-0 games, at least not until you figure out how to beat the comp.

# 28 redsox4evur @ 09/19/15 11:10 AM
I would remove your sidenote as if they (EA) find out this shop is selling the game before the release date they will probably not get the game early anymore or not at all. Also those things aren't allowed to be posted in the open. In PM's it's fine but not as a post, if you get what I am saying.

# 29 ncaafootball14markus @ 09/19/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I would remove your sidenote as if they (EA) find out this shop is selling the game before the release date they will probably not get the game early anymore or not at all. Also those things aren't allowed to be posted in the open. In PM's it's fine but not as a post, if you get what I am saying.
duly noted.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.