Home
NHL 16 News Post

The first NHL 16 roster update is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers to reflect the current lineups in the NHL, Liga, SHL, DEL, Extraliga ledniho hokeje, and National League.

Top 2016 draft prospect Auston Matthews is available on the ZSC Lions roster.

Follow these directions to download them:
  • In the NHL 16 main menu, select (Customize)
  • In the Customize section, select (Roster)
  • In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
  • In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’ under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 adayinthelife @ 09/24/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Sucks having to wait until mid October to start a BeaGM.
You could just check out Petr Puck and make some players based off his numbers if you'd like. I guess that part is personal preference, but at the very least the lists of roster moves is what I use every year to get things up to snuff enough to start my GM.

http://petrpuck.blogspot.ca/

# 22 Moose24x @ 09/24/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Hiya Moose
Im going to do the same , otherwise Im going to be constantly "waiting"
What "formula" are you going to use?
I have tinkered with some; Reducing the following attributes by 10 points on EVERY player:
SPEED
ENDURANCE
PUCK CONTROL
PASSING
ACCELERATION
DISCIPLINE
For the most part I'm not really using a formula. I'm using stats on hit and blocked shot totals, relative to ice time to determine shot blocking and aggressiveness as accurately as possible. I'm lowering checking power significantly, I think I've got only the most highlight worthy hitters above an 85, none over 88. Endurance is being adjusted based on role to try and get more realistic ice time distribution, but not every top line player is automatically getting high endurance and vice versa. I've actually upped a lot of players shot power while significantly lowering shot accuracy (both wrist/slap). Strength is largely being based on height/weight proportion, with exceptions to players who are noticeably strong. Overall, I've given most players a bump to balance to (in conjunction with lowered checking) reduce the frequency of big hits. For the most part players are being significantly reduced in speed, acceleration and agility but I'm not doing any kind of -10 across the board because then everyone remains the same relative to one another. I want noticeable gaps between players. Right now I have, for example, Clayton Stoner on Anaheim at a 72 speed and Carl Hagelin/Andrew Cogliano at 97. That's a 25 point difference. I'm trying to create those moments of mismatches where speed can kill. If a guy like Hagelin is breaking down the wing on Karlsson in my roster, it's going to be an even race. If he catches a guy like Stoner he should blow by him. If the puck ends up in the corner though, Stoner's balance and strength should hopefully win that battle. Basically I'm going mostly off knowledge of the players, backing it up with stats where quantifiable and reading scouting reports where I'm unsure. Rather than uniformly knock 10 points off of everyone, I'm trying to create rosters where individual strengths shine. A big, strong, slow player with great reach and positioning is going to be slow, strong, high balance, good stick checking, good shot blocking, good defensive awareness. A speedy player like Kreider is going to have incredible speed, a good shot, good size and strength and okay hands. A speedy player like McDavid is going to have blazing speed and dazzling hands but not a big physical game.

# 23 MizzouRah @ 09/24/15 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
You could just check out Petr Puck and make some players based off his numbers if you'd like. I guess that part is personal preference, but at the very least the lists of roster moves is what I use every year to get things up to snuff enough to start my GM.

http://petrpuck.blogspot.ca/
I'm too lazy for that.. we need roster share!

Gives me more time to tweak sliders.. so it's not all that bad I guess.

# 24 Smutka @ 09/25/15 04:21 PM
This is ridiculous! When you update new roster all your created players goes out. I made like 30 youngsters to use on my gm mode and now im stuck with the september 8-9 roster because only there are my created players. Why just dont throw them to free agents when you update it? Would be alot more sense than make them all over again every single time when new update comes.

# 25 johnnydrum @ 09/25/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
For the most part I'm not really using a formula. I'm using stats on hit and blocked shot totals, relative to ice time to determine shot blocking and aggressiveness as accurately as possible.
Nice.
Im doing similar, once I knock everyone down somewhat. The games plays pretty good when using the QMJHL/OHL/WHL teams due to the lower attributes.
Shame I cant see your work (no roster sharing!) I would love a good "mooch" at your rankings

# 26 Vizen @ 09/26/15 09:30 AM
This is the first year that I recall the roster update erases your created players. Every NHL game prior, when a roster update was downloaded, your created players would be moved to Free Agency. I downloaded the update and went to place my 3 created players that I have always made and they were gone. Went to edit them to see where they were and it was confirmed. Oh well, it was a nice feature for years that made life easier, but guess it had to go...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 27 PowerPanther83 @ 09/27/15 03:53 AM
I start a gm mode with Philadelphia and the same **** like last game. Lindbom and Kase have no contract in real life. But ea made it. Now players like martel and Marti ( not in the game) are not in the roster.

# 28 ericromain @ 09/27/15 10:32 AM
EA NHL absolutely need roster share. They are so much slower with rosters than many other games. I don't know if the NHL flings more red tape or if they just don't have the resources, but the community would be so much better.

# 29 bgucci38 @ 09/28/15 11:15 AM
u have a question maybe one of you guys can answer?
if i create a player that 16-17yo and place them on a ohl-whl team willl they show up in the draft in Be a GM?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.