Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 title update #2 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes improvements and fixes to gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more. Check out the details below.

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where if a team called a time out on the safety punt, they would then be able to kick a regular kickoff
  • Addressed issue where sometimes a defender would have a poor pursuit angle toward the ball carrier if the ball carrier was breaking a tackle during a catch
  • Addressed issue where sometimes defensive linemen would freeze for the remainder of the play after being knocked to the ground
  • Addressed issue where the defense would not adjust alignment if the CPU controlled offensive team enacted a concept audible
  • Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where cancelling a PA Fake would allow for a 1-step drop on certain plays
  • Addressed issue where the game clock would be restarted of a declined penalty after an incomplete pass
  • Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
  • Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
  • Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
  • Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
  • Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
  • Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • CFM Trade tuning
  • Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
  • Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • MUT Play a Friend quarter length boosted to four minutes from two minutes
  • In MUT H2H Seasons and Draft Champions H2H Draft, terminating the game during the load screen will give the quitter a loss and the opponent a win. In MUT, Contracts will still be removed.
OTHER
  • Play Now games were using regular season overtime rules rather than playoff overtime rules (removed possibility for ties)
  • Addressed issue in online games where the defensive timer would run out during a pause causing the game to auto pick the defensive play
  • Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 ggsimmonds @ 10/07/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
That video looks exactly like the bug/glitch that was occurring with the tuner after patch #1 where QB's would get a mega speed boost while scrambling out of the pocket. Kap takes off at mega speed in that first scramble. I haven't seen that since patch #2
That was not a mega-speed boost.
QBs are given high acceleration and it is made to look faster than what it was because everyone near him (the linemen) were stationary.

That was no bug or glitch.

# 442 bcruise @ 10/07/15 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
That was not a mega-speed boost.
QBs are given high acceleration and it is made to look faster than what it was because everyone near him (the linemen) were stationary.

That was no bug or glitch.
Not just that...for offline I play on normal speed, not slow like I know a lot are accustomed to on here. So everything's a tiny bit faster than what a lot of people are used to seeing, acceleration included.

I don't mind the "twitchy" look of the animations because I think normal represents the speed of football better.

# 443 BadAssHskr @ 10/08/15 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Not just that...for offline I play on normal speed, not slow like I know a lot are accustomed to on here. So everything's a tiny bit faster than what a lot of people are used to seeing, acceleration included.

I don't mind the "twitchy" look of the animations because I think normal represents the speed of football better.
and not only that, kaep is likely to scramble anyhow. wasn't the problem more a tom brady type taking off and doing to much running?

# 444 Young Coaches @ 10/11/15 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
[. . .]In MUT, Contracts will still be removed. [. . .]

I'm sorry to bump this thread. Hi RDF, my pleasure. I'm I reading this wrong? Or has it been re-addressed? Contracts are STILL in MUT.

Cordially,

Young Coaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

# 445 slick1ru2 @ 10/11/15 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
I'm sorry to bump this thread. Hi RDF, my pleasure. I'm I reading this wrong? Or has it been re-addressed? Contracts are STILL in MUT.

Cordially,

Young Coaches

Does it matter anymore? They give you so many ways to get free contracts it's never an issue. I have over 3000 between the daily goals and MUT rewards and I keep my roster at 16 so I never worry about going low after playing a block of games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 446 bcruise @ 10/11/15 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches

Cordially,

Young Coaches

That quote was taken severely out of context. He wasn't saying they were removed from the game, he's saying you'd still lose a game off of a player's contract if a player quits out on the load screen.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 447 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 10/11/15 08:43 PM
There's a lot of stuff they added that hasn't made it into the official patch notes.

One of my biggest complaints was winning the Super Bowl and then having at least 8 night games the following season (which is not realistic at all and sucks cuz the night lighting is still sub-par compared to the day time lighting). I just finished a season winning the super bowl and my team only has 5 night games which is much more realistic.

It is also cool how they adjusted the drive goals so that you get xp more often than confidence.

There are still plenty of things to be fixed like being awarded xp in a game and then not actually receiving it after the game, but it is sweet that they are making progress and fixing things.

# 448 Smallville102001 @ 10/11/15 10:19 PM
Has there been any news about patch 3 yet? It has been about 2 weeks since patch 2 came out and just about all sports games get 3 patches now days.

# 449 sebennayx @ 10/11/15 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
CPU scramblers can definitely scramble post-patch, post tuner. Check out Kap here - if anything he might be going too much, lol. This is completely unedited video btw - all happened in one possession.
Funny story -- Peyton Manning just scrambled 4 times in a row against me...looked very similar to your Kaep, albeit much slower.

# 450 Smallville102001 @ 10/11/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebennayx
Funny story -- Peyton Manning just scrambled 4 times in a row against me...looked very similar to your Kaep, albeit much slower.

I haven't play enough vs scrambling QB post patch to see how they play but I have played vs pocket passer and they almost never take off just like in real life. I have heard some people say this about pocket QB taking off all the time post patch 2 but I am not seeing it at all. It is odd that some people are seeing this and other people are not.

# 451 sebennayx @ 10/12/15 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I haven't play enough vs scrambling QB post patch to see how they play but I have played vs pocket passer and they almost never take off just like in real life. I have heard some people say this about pocket QB taking off all the time post patch 2 but I am not seeing it at all. It is odd that some people are seeing this and other people are not.
Whatever you've got, keep it! Manning went 4 carries for 37 yards against me...led the Broncos rushing attack and it all came on 1 or 2 drives. It doesn't happen every game, but when it does, it comes in bunches of 4 or 5 runs p/game from guys that barely get that in a year.

# 452 Smallville102001 @ 10/12/15 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebennayx
Whatever you've got, keep it! Manning went 4 carries for 37 yards against me...led the Broncos rushing attack and it all came on 1 or 2 drives. It doesn't happen every game, but when it does, it comes in bunches of 4 or 5 runs p/game from guys that barely get that in a year.

For some reason Jay cutler does play odd though. 1 thing I am noticing is if I have the CPU tacking sliders at 41 I don't break enough tackles but at 40 I break ever thing lol.

# 453 booker21 @ 10/12/15 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
For some reason Jay cutler does play odd though. 1 thing I am noticing is if I have the CPU tacking sliders at 41 I don't break enough tackles but at 40 I break ever thing lol.

Yeah sliders range were always an issue. They need to work on this so we can all can find a happy balance.

Don't make 0-99 range if they are not going to affect that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 454 Smallville102001 @ 10/12/15 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Yeah sliders range were always an issue. They need to work on this so we can all can find a happy balance.

Don't make 0-99 range if they are not going to affect that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I kind of need a tackling 40.5 for the CPU lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.