Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The official MLB The Show 16 Twitter account has been answering quite a few questions about their upcoming game recently, we've listed some of them below. We should be hearing much more about the game, including developer Twitch streams in the weeks to come.

If you can say Will you be bringing back ability to change ticket prices and concession food prices?

No those won't be coming back for 16 but there are great new features and changes coming to franchise mode. Stay tuned!

Can you still play your RTTS character from 15 to 16 like people did from 14 to 15?

Yes

Player tattoos coming this year?

No

Will we be able to carryover out franchises from 15 into 16 like we could last year?

Yes of course

Will there be content missing on the PS3 version compared to PS4?

The PS4 versions has some features and upgrades the PS3 doesn't we'll reveal them all in due time.

Will stubs transfer from mlb 15 to mlb 16

No they will not

Can you guys add a "Beat up umpire" button in The Show 16'???

No that's never going to happen

Will the throwback players be added to the PS3 version?

Yes

Are the top 100 prospect going to be in the default roster?

No the minor league players do not have a Players Union there for their likeness cannot be included in the game in any form

Will we be able to make customizable fields?

no

Any word on Ken Griffey and or Mike Piazza being in MLB 16 the show?

Not at this time

Will online franchises transfer to new game from '15???

No online franchises don't transfer year-to-year

Will 16 bring back Rivalry Mode? That was the best way to play offline games against friends.

No

Is Joe Buck an announcer on MLB 16 the show? That would be great!

No he isn't

What are the chances of adding a third uniform slot in DD for 2016?

Very slim this year

DOES THE DD ROSTER TRANSFER FROM LAST YEAR?

No you start over every year

What is the cut off date for your final rosters that will ship on disc?

February, but there is always a launch day roster update

When will we learn more about new game modes? I want to pre-order but am reluctant to spend $99 with so few details.

In a few weeks

Could we possibly see a create a stadium in mlb 16?

No

Will there by any chance be an expansion mode like in all star baseball?

Not this year

Will you add new brands in MLB 16??? Like New Era or Adidas??

There will be new brands added to MLB The Show 16 but we aren't revealing them just yet.

Can we finally have the option to turn injuries off for franchise mode? Amazes me how a simple feature isn't in there.

Sorry brain fart you can do this in MLB The Show 15 GAMEPLAY OPTIONS.....INJURIES....ON/OFF/MANUAL

Are you guys going to put an argue button to the Umpire and more on field brands?

No and yes

Will 16 have online co-op like 13 did?

No it will not

Uniform slots?

Available uniform slots are the same as last year.

Will the open and closed dome feature be on ps3?Also, will you be adding more team jerseys such as the blue jays canada day one?

PS4 Only for closed roofs

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Ruffy @ 01/15/16 02:24 AM
I gotta say those were some pretty terrible questions being asked.

# 102 SHOWOFF @ 01/15/16 06:27 AM
guess i'll be gameflying........ this will be the 1st year i don't buy the show ............ sad

# 103 Moss44 @ 01/15/16 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWOFF
guess i'll be gameflying........ this will be the 1st year i don't buy the show ............ sad
You're basing your decision to not buy on a colossal feature that was never expected to make it in anyways? Sad......

# 104 TerryP @ 01/15/16 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWOFF
Your loss. Most of us will be enjoying another stellar version of the best (imo) annual sports franchise out there.

# 105 dalger21 @ 01/15/16 07:33 AM
Has there been a date set for the annual release of the new features released (forget the actual name for it) and dev streams?

# 106 Ebpmd @ 01/15/16 08:50 AM
Russell... unrelated to the create a stadium. Will we ever be able to turn off retired numbers? Many of us play w/ historic roster and not being able to use correct jersey numbers takes away from the experience. Is this an issue w/ MLB and your agreement w/ them?

# 107 razorkaos @ 01/15/16 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjays44
All i want is Stride
I second that.

Playing exclusively with analog controls, the absence of stride in MLB15 made me skip that game, hoping they would bring it back in MLB 16.

As far as i know, there's no mention of a possible return of the stride (as it was in 14), and that makes me just sad. They removed something that worked well, and there was no need to remove it in the first place.

If there's no stride on 16, i may pick 15 just to play a few games because it's price dropped.

For me, this wad a huge letdown. While people complain about cosmetics, i just want a gameplay mechanic that feels right. Is it too much?

# 108 Ebpmd @ 01/15/16 10:52 AM
Only work around is the player with the retired number can wear it. Mantle can be #7. I found this to work for all teams. Issues when there are 2 players w/ same number retired. Ex. Cubs # 31. Jenkins can wear yet Maddox cannot. As a late 70's Yankees fan this totally ruined playing as them with last years '78 roster. I can appreciate the MLBs respect for the history of the game, yet this is a video game and having Craig Nettles in a number other than #9 isn't respectful to the game either??? Even if retired numbers were blocked with current rosters but available for created rosters?

# 109 jb12780 @ 01/15/16 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesheff
Official Translation: " We have no competition to worry about, so we'll keep releasing the same game with a few new features that you really won't notice unless you watch our developer videos. But you can close the roof this year!"
Couldn't be more wrong.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 110 breakfastcat @ 01/15/16 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
What about the possibility of having pre-built stadiums rather than a stadium creater? Think ASB. They had like 10 pre built stadiums (for expansion mode), plus future stadiums in franchise mode. Madden also has this when relocating. Have you guys considered that?
As awesome as a stadium creator would be, I would honestly be perfectly happy with this. Just like 5-10 different generic MLB sized stadiums similar to how they do the minor league parks. And if possible, maybe a handful of options (seat color, grass pattern, ability to place a team logo, etc.) just to add a little personalization, but nothing too major.

# 111 sportsgamer5761 @ 01/15/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
I remember being able to create stadiums and expansion teams on PS3. I believe it was the MVP franchise? I don't understand how it can't be included in these next gen games? Its like the entire gaming industry took a giant step backwards as far as features go. Yeah the graphics are better but so what. Theres no meat to these games anymore. I buy this game every year but its only for the new rosters. I feel like I'm buying he same game every year. Really disappointing.
It's called 'competition is good for the consumer'. Now, it's apparently acceptable to keep the same player models since the PS2 days. And yes, I know they are higher resolution, but they are, literally, the same player models. I cannot justify spending $60 for retractable roofs and a roster update.

# 112 sportsgamer5761 @ 01/15/16 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesheff
Official Translation: " We have no competition to worry about, so we'll keep releasing the same game with a few new features that you really won't notice unless you watch our developer videos. But you can close the roof this year!"
Love this game, but when are they going to add transition animations so some of those warm up swings don't look so weird?
Hey, they might get around to updating those around, oh...2025 or so. Gotta make sure those beards are perfect, though!

# 113 tessl @ 01/15/16 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
What about the possibility of having pre-built stadiums rather than a stadium creater? Think ASB. They had like 10 pre built stadiums (for expansion mode), plus future stadiums in franchise mode. Madden also has this when relocating. Have you guys considered that?
Without an expansion mode pre-built generic stadiums would be a waste of developer time. I'd settle for the ability to rename and replace an existing team and move into a classic stadium.

I liked the NCAA football game's teambuilder feature where you could "create" everything yourself on a computer and then import it into the game and replace an existing school with your own creation but the lawyers shut down all the college games. I'm sure baseball stadiums are more complicated than a football field because the football field dimensions don't change.

I'll still support the show even if they ignore all my suggestions.

# 114 Ebpmd @ 01/15/16 01:03 PM
Even if not a "team builder" feature (which I'd love)... a rebranding feature like they put into NBA 2k16. I've been having a blast recreating historic teams, uniforms and arenas. Again baseball may be a bit more difficult since stadium dimensions vary stadium to stadium but how difficult would it be to allow us to choose one of say 5 generic stadiums and gives us the ability alter dimensions, wall height and a few other things? I still hoping one day???

# 115 Flaxseed Oil @ 01/15/16 01:11 PM
I wonder if I will be able to open my PS4 '16 version franchise saves on '15 PS3 and Vita versions of the game? That would be dope!

# 116 thaSLAB @ 01/15/16 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
It's called 'competition is good for the consumer'. Now, it's apparently acceptable to keep the same player models since the PS2 days. And yes, I know they are higher resolution, but they are, literally, the same player models. I cannot justify spending $60 for retractable roofs and a roster update.
That is literally 100% incorrect.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

# 117 yungincome @ 01/15/16 01:53 PM
No to basically everything lol

# 118 HypoLuxa13 @ 01/15/16 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761

thinking you might want to go ahead and jog your memory by watching some old clips of PS2 MLB The Show...

# 119 Speedy @ 01/15/16 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get the feature. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Hope this helps everyone understand a bit more.
This is what I love about SCEA as their transparency and willingness to show/prove their logic is near unasailable continues to keep my faith that the game will always improve YOY.

# 120 Factzzz @ 01/15/16 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
That is literally 100% incorrect.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk
The problem lies within that statement though.

The player models look so similar from previous versions, that people are going to make erroneous statements like that, until something is truly done about the player models.

Not just the minor improvements we've seen like better skin color.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.